Newcastle United vs Derby County - 4/2/17 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

Just f***ing win. We need a bit of positivity back asap.

This !!! If we go and get a good win we will  get a bit of momentum back and a bit of a feel good factor going !!!  But if McLaren was to to rock up here and get a win the next few months will be grueling  :embarrassed:

Aye it makes me sick hes even in the squad but he offered far more to our attack than the likes of Gouffran or Hayden when he came on.

Might be an alright option from the bench until Atsu returns, who should be replacing Gouffran immediately IMO.

Hayden could've easily had three assists

Aye it makes me sick hes even in the squad but he offered far more to our attack than the likes of Gouffran or Hayden when he came on.

Might be an alright option from the bench until Atsu returns, who should be replacing Gouffran immediately IMO.

Fair play on that one, probably not a good example, I think in my head its just overshadowed by the countless times he gave the ball away and misplaced his passes, was such a strange performance from him.

Fair play on that one, probably not a good example, I think in my head its just overshadowed by the countless times he gave the ball away and misplaced his passes, was such a strange performance from him.

Hayden was still one of our best passers of the ball, nowhere near our worst for giving it away either.

Hayden was still one of our best passers of the ball, nowhere near our worst for giving it away either.

First 20-30 minutes I can't remember one successful pass.

Had we have won that game last night (which lets face it we deserved to on 2nd half performance/chances) would the meltdown have been as severe?

I'm not sure Benitez would've been as scathing about the transfer window had we won 3-1 for example. You could tell how miffed he was with the result, being a man who is obsessed with controlling and winning football matches.

Performance wise, 1st half was awful. Lascelles is my biggest concern as when Shelvey is man marked he will be on the one carrying the ball out from the back. He can't pick a pass at all from that position. Saw it many times v Rotherham he made the wrong choices.

Whatever is happening behind the scenes is all speculation to us anyway, the best way to show MA what Rafa/the team mean to us is, as Rafa intelligently said, to stick together and support.

Roll on Saturday.

Had we have won that game last night (which lets face it we deserved to on 2nd half performance/chances) would the meltdown have been as severe?

I'm not sure Benitez would've been as scathing about the transfer window had we won 3-1 for example. You could tell how miffed he was with the result, being a man who is obsessed with controlling and winning football matches.

Performance wise, 1st half was awful. Lascelles is my biggest concern as when Shelvey is man marked he will be on the one carrying the ball out from the back. He can't pick a pass at all from that position. Saw it many times v Rotherham he made the wrong choices.

Whatever is happening behind the scenes is all speculation to us anyway, the best way to show MA what Rafa/the team mean to us is, as Rafa intelligently said, to stick together and support.

Roll on Saturday.

:clap:

If there's one solid argument for Mbemba instead of Lascelles it's the former's far superior ability to bring the ball out, like. Lascelles has some good qualities but he's undoubtedly very uncomfortable in possession and it definitely puts us under unnecessary pressure at times, especially at SJP.