Newcastle United vs Derby County - 4/2/17 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

Don't get this hostility towards McClaren considering Pards basically got ignored when he returned.

Concentrate on supporting Rafa and the team, nothing else.

This is exactly my feeling today. Ignore McClaren, there's more important things to be singing about today.

I know some people hate him but he's very 'meh' for me. Was out of his depth, don't think there was anything malicious about him. Just wasn't good enough to sort a huge mess left behind by Pardew & Carver.

My feelings too. He was shit at his job and out of his depth but it wasn't his fault he got offered the job with us. He's one of those people that just doesn't bother me.

Guest neesy111

It was frustrating seeing him being a pundit at the Fulham game and praising Lascelles because he wasn't afraid to have a go at the senior players,  when it should have been him doing that.

He might have done, should remember lascelles did that in private not in public. Criticising your players in public is a no-no for any manager.

Well Lascelles came off the pitch against Everton shouting words along the lines of 'nobody cares' so if Mcclaren did say anything it clearly didn't work.  At least Lascelles got a bit of a reaction out of them.

Managers can criticise players in public to get reactions from them and hope it works for the benefit of the team

I know some people hate him but he's very 'meh' for me. Was out of his depth, don't think there was anything malicious about him. Just wasn't good enough to sort a huge mess left behind by Pardew & Carver.

Did you enjoy the presser?

McClaren was just a Championship manager way out of his depth. He was right to take the job as every single other Championship manager would have done - everyone believes in their own ability. He accepted to work under the shit terms that Ashley forced upon him because it was a huge step up he wanted.

The smiling after defeats etc. was just his way of trying to hide the pressure, it's actually a common thing to do for people when they are under pressure.

Lets not forget of the disgusting way the club got rid of him and opening sought his replacement while he was still in the job.

A nice guy that is well suited to a small club like Derby in this league. No hatred for him at all, unlike Pardew.

McClaren was just a Championship manager way out of his depth. He was right to take the job as every single other Championship manager would have done - everyone believes in their own ability. He accepted to work under the shit terms that Ashley forced upon him because it was a huge step up he wanted.

The smiling after defeats etc. was just his way of trying to hide the pressure, it's actually a common thing to do for people when they are under pressure.

Lets not forget of the disgusting way the club got rid of him and opening sought his replacement while he was still in the job.

A nice guy that is well suited to a small club like Derby in this league. No hatred for him at all, unlike Pardew.

good post

McClaren was just a Championship manager way out of his depth. He was right to take the job as every single other Championship manager would have done - everyone believes in their own ability. He accepted to work under the s*** terms that Ashley forced upon him because it was a huge step up he wanted.

Well summarised there.

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth  45 sför 45 sekunder sedan

Mer

Rafa Benitez in programme: 'My message to fans is that it doesn't matter what happened during the window. We need to stick together.' #nufc

:love: