The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Wonder if it'll be ironed out and persevered with - or if this be looked back on as a bizarre period in English football. I personally think if the process was sped up it would be very hard to have any complaints about the inclusion of video replays in game.

Of course it will be persevered with, these things are never taken away once introduced no matter how w*** they are.

Only thing I can think of that was trialled and pulled was kick-ins. Sure it was experimented with in the Southern League a while back?

Golden Goal and Silver Goal?

Those rules didn't involve any financial or technological investment and never made it to domestic football as I recall. Weren't they barely ever actually invoked anyway?

This is already all over the world. It's not going away.

Two European Championships were won because of it like.

Aye, I remeber Trezeguet scoring a golden goal winner at Euro 2000

Wonder if it'll be ironed out and persevered with - or if this be looked back on as a bizarre period in English football. I personally think if the process was sped up it would be very hard to have any complaints about the inclusion of video replays in game.

Of course it will be persevered with, these things are never taken away once introduced no matter how w*** they are.

Only thing I can think of that was trialled and pulled was kick-ins. Sure it was experimented with in the Southern League a while back?

Those rules didn't involve any financial or technological investment and never made it to domestic football as I recall. Weren't they barely ever actually invoked anyway?

Bierhof in 1996 too

Of course, my point was that there weren't actually all that many times it was used because it ended up with teams withdrawing and taking fewer risks, the total opposite of its intention. That's why they binned it. The same won't happen here, they see themselves as making the game 'more correct'.

Of course, my point was that there weren't actually all that many times it was used because it ended up with teams withdrawing and taking fewer risks, the total opposite of its intention. That's why they binned it. The same won't happen here, they see themselves as making the game 'more correct'.

Yeah I get your point :thup: Was just trying to think of stuff that was 'trialled' but is no longer used and Golden and Silver Goal both sprung to mind. I agree that VAR will definitely get implemented and it's going to be awful

It's 2030, the season 2029-30 season has just finished. All 380 matches are ran through a computer algorithm to correct decisions, re-calibrate and re-simulate in order to determine the correct results. The Premier League trophy is teleported to it's rightful home.

Spoiler tags ffs

It's 2030, the season 2029-30 season has just finished. All 380 matches are ran through a computer algorithm to correct decisions, re-calibrate and re-simulate in order to determine the correct results. The Premier League trophy is teleported to it's rightful home.

Our record buy is still Michael Owen.

:lol:

Garbage this.

Reviewing everything. Slippery slope to destroying the sport.

Bit over the top imo. If it can be done more seamlessly the only real argument against not having it would be being in favour of the controversy and decisions being wrongly awarded/not awarded. Other than that it clearly has a use in the sport if done correctly.

Find the whole VAR thing a bit upsetting tbh. It's just plain wrong imo. Takes so much out of the spectacle.

This game would have been 1-4 without VAR with a clearly wrong goal being given, potentially killing the game off. As it is, this match is still a spectacle because the right decision was reached.

Think people are just missing being able to moan about the refs decisions and so feel lost. So now their moaning at the new technology. Makes perfect sense.

People more than anything just love to moan. It's a huge turn on for them.

Think people are just missing being able to moan about the refs decisions and so feel lost. So now their moaning at the new technology. Makes perfect sense.

:lol: Whatever.

That's made it interesting.

Not for those against VAR, still 2-4 for in their football purist minds. ;)

I back Vars, just need to speed it up, whack a big screen up so the fans know what's happening, can't be that hard. And Liverpool are still in it, and rightly so because of Vars.

Nah. More that in a lot of cases it doesn't clear anything up (that pen for example) then the whole idea of the occasions during the game on which it's used.

Sewelly makes really good points about how smaller decisions are game-changing decisions too as well as bigger decisions because the game is constantly flowing. You can't just ignore the smaller decisions so if VAR comes in place surely it should be looking at every decision in the match. Which would be torturous

Kaka - Herping the Derp 24/7

Sewelly makes really good points about how smaller decisions are game-changing decisions too as well as bigger decisions because the game is constantly flowing. You can't just ignore the smaller decisions so if VAR comes in place surely it should be looking at every decision in the match. Which would be torturous

You do in Rugby League which is a rapid fast flowing sport, as it is without rucks and mauls, and it's no worse for it. Even if the ref gets decisions wrong, as in offside or knock ons. Those decisions stay as they are, no need for Football to be any different imo.