The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Banked £200 in a bet between friends that Kane would outscore Ibra in the PL. Was confident Kane would get 20+ but 29? What a player. I've felt he's the new Shearer since his first season.... he may even end up better if he can avoid major injuries. Needs to start doing it in the CL and for England at some major tournaments.

Banked £200 in a bet between friends that Kane would outscore Ibra in the PL. Was confident Kane would get 20+ but 29? What a player. I've felt he's the new Shearer since his first season.... he may even end up better if he can avoid major injuries. Needs to start doing it in the CL and for England at some major tournaments.

You too.

I don't think I've ever been more wrong about a player than with Harry Kane. Fuck me, what a striker he is.

I'm one of the few to predict his ascension so don't be too hard on yourself.

:lol: This Shearer stuff is ridiculous.

Better than Robson era Shearer is something I can get behind, style of play wise he's quite similar to that Shearer.

But the Shearer before his ACL injury who scored 30+ 3 seasons running and was top 3 in world player of the year with fucking George Weah and Ronaldo?  Yeah... No :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Love the idea that he can be as good as Shearer if he can avoid major injuries. Shearer who of course never had any major injuries. [emoji38]

Seriously though, there's no point in putting that level of a comparison on him, just see how he gets on, he's class.

Love the idea that he can be as good as Shearer if he can avoid major injuries. Shearer who of course never had any major injuries. [emoji38]

Seriously though, there's no point in putting that level of a comparison on him, just see how he gets on, he's class.

Agree with that mind. :thup:

Better than Robson era Shearer is something I can get behind, style of play wise he's quite similar to that Shearer.

But the Shearer before his ACL injury who scored 30+ 3 seasons running and was top 3 in world player of the year with f***ing George Weah and Ronaldo?  Yeah... No :lol:

Peak Shearer was 3... maybe 4 seasons? If Kane can stay fit he could get 7-8 tremendous seasons. That would put him over Shearer for me.

On his day i'd take il fenomeno over Cristiano but Cristiano's had the much better career.... at least at club level. 3 top seasons, maybe another 5 superb ones vs 8 or 9 top seasons.

But the Shearer before his ACL injury who scored 30+ 3 seasons running and was top 3 in world player of the year with f***ing George Weah and Ronaldo?  Yeah... No :lol:

Peak Shearer was 3... maybe 4 seasons? If Kane can stay fit he could get 7-8 tremendous seasons. That would put him over Shearer for me.

On his day i'd take il fenomeno over Cristiano but Cristiano's had the much better career.... at least at club level. 3 top seasons, maybe another 5 superb ones vs 8 or 9 top seasons.

I mean Shearer averaged 20 goals a season over his whole PL career, so using your same logic applied to CR he had a little more than just 3 or 4 seasons.

Just because it wasn't up to the ridiculous level he showed pre 98 doesn't change that.

But anyway we are clearly not going to agree and I agree with KI, Kane is brilliant and there's really no need to put this sort of comparison on him.

Let's just see how his career goes.

Harry Kane is no nonsense. Strikes the ball so well and without any hesitation. Love that.

Need more of that in the game in general, tbh. So much passing around the box waiting for the perfect opening. If you look at many of Shearer's top goals they were just first time hits after good movement around the box. I miss that in football.

Guest firetotheworks

Harry Kane is no nonsense. Strikes the ball so well and without any hesitation. Love that.

Need more of that in the game in general, tbh. So much passing around the box waiting for the perfect opening. If you look at many of Shearer's top goals they were just first time hits after good movement around the box. I miss that in football.

Most of the very top players are no nonsense when you think about it, especially Ronaldo.