The other games today 2017/18

Greg

It's mad how much criticism Wenger gets considering how good Arsenal are at playing football.

Not really when they haven't put up a serious title challenge for years

Aye I know, but still. His job is to build a football team and he's built a pretty good one.

This team is nowhere near as good as the teams he's built in the past with Arsenal

I know.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_11_offside_en_47383.pdf

Page 10 on that..."interfere with an opponent"...definitely a shout that Ramsay going for the ball when he was offside interferes with Courtois' decision to come for the ball.

Depends on the interpretation of the rule. He only potentially interferes with the opponent's anticipation, not his view or ability to move.

Arsenal's seasons are just so predictable, start well then have a slump just after Christmas, go out of the CL and then finish the season reasonably strongly.

Think I read a stat that Wenger hasn't won a game away against a top 4 side for about 4 seasons.

That haven't challenged for the Premier League in 13 years despite being one of the biggest clubs in the world. Of course he deserves criticism. :lol:

Some yeah, I didn't say he was perfect. But it's way over the top.

You understand why they're unhappy, surely? Five teams from the PL in next season's CL and Arsenal aren't one of them. It's a bit of a fall from grace, and it's been on the cards for years.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_11_offside_en_47383.pdf

Page 10 on that..."interfere with an opponent"...definitely a shout that Ramsay going for the ball when he was offside interferes with Courtois' decision to come for the ball.

Depends on the interpretation of the rule. He only potentially interferes with the opponent's anticipation, not his view or ability to move.

Reading further down...

"making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent"

- the opponent must be reasonably close to the play so that the blocking, deceiving or distracting makes a difference.

That makes it offside to me.

Guest firetotheworks

Conte will probably sort this at half time, so Arsenal need one or two more imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Welbeck's absolute quality off the ball like. Probably why he's had so much stick over the years because it's such an unnoticed and underappreciated part of football.

Welbeck's absolute quality off the ball like. Probably why he's had so much stick over the years because it's such an unnoticed and underappreciated part of football.

Love the runs he makes. Constantly makes good runs for the team. Hold up play is really good too.