The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Video refs have way more angles than the broadcasters have btw

Not bothered personally. Justice for the s*** call to rule out the Cameroon goal earlier :cool:

Aye it's obviously offside, it never needed to be perfect though. That s**** isn't good for the game.

So it's ok for tight offside's to be incorrectly called?

Ive always maintained yes. End of the day offside was only brought in to stop goal hanging. If a defence is going to live off an offside trap which ultimately shrinks the game then I say let them die by the sword occasionally. Attacking team should always get the benefit of the doubt if there is any. Not followed the full thread but with regards to that image posted I'd want that to be deemed onside.

:thup: :thup:

I was actually for this too btw :lol:

But howay man, we cannot have that shite every week.

Not bothered personally. Justice for the s*** call to rule out the Cameroon goal earlier :cool:

Aye it's obviously offside, it never needed to be perfect though. That s**** isn't good for the game.

Ive always maintained yes. End of the day offside was only brought in to stop goal hanging. If a defence is going to live off an offside trap which ultimately shrinks the game then I say let them die by the sword occasionally. Attacking team should always get the benefit of the doubt if there is any. Not followed the full thread but with regards to that image posted I'd want that to be deemed onside.

So really your problem is with the offside rule, not VAR. You're basically suggesting any part level with a defender = onside

I do think they're going to be rolling out all this tech way too quickly. Focus on goal line tech for now and work out all the kinks before introducing anything more, if at all.

Guest neesy111

I do think they're going to be rolling out all this tech way too quickly. Focus on goal line tech for now and work out all the kinks before introducing anything more, if at all.

This.  It should be started on only certain points of action and also on decisions where it's black or white decision.  It was never going to be perfect to start with, this is the reason why it's being trialled.

Referee's and officials need help, other sports have realised it.  Funnily enough, those sports also respect their officials a lot more.

Then they should be made public.

Exactly. If they are going to use it then the viewer and fans (in stadiums with a big screen) should get all the angles and also the discussion between the video ref and normal ref should be heard on the telly

I'm gonna be sick.

Why? If they're going to use it the thought process of the video refs needs to be heard

I'd love to hear the conversation between Stroud and his assistants that resulted in the goal kick.

No the issue is with reversing decisions regularly, it cannot be good.

Fair enough, 's all opinions and that.  For me it's fine, the correct decision comes before a minute of waiting.  If they show the video refs, or what they're seeing, the short wait we have won't even feel like a wait. By the time the celebrations are done and players are back in their half ready for kick off, the decision can be done

The beauty of football is a lot of it is subjective. We don't need another layer of shit decisions and minute long delays all owa the shop.

Wank technology introduced to make lesser sports more interesting.

Time from the ball going in the net to kick off is probably more than a minute currently anyway. Where's the delay?

The beauty of football is a lot of it is subjective. We don't need another layer of shit decisions and minute long delays all owa the shop.

Or they move with the times and the improving technology better then football.

How exactly does this technology make anything more interesting?

What's going to happen with offsides? Will the ref just not blow the whistle for them until the game is dead?

Should only be used for offsides that lead to a goal in the same phase of play I assume

If an attacker is through and the linesman isnt 100%, he should leave the flag down and if a goal/corner comes of it (if not, you'd assume the defending team will have the ball back anyway), go back to VAR.  The Portugal one earlier is going back a bit too far imo. Linesman should have spotted them offside anyway, there was like 4 of em

Nee idea, the creeps who watch rugby seem to enjoy the little bit of excitement they get from it.

It's all a ploy to introduce further advertising. VAR decision sponsored by Mcdonalds. Armchair fan wankery. Will say it again, the game at the elite level should be as close to grassroots as reasonably possible.

What's going to happen with offsides? Will the ref just not blow the whistle for them until the game is dead?

Should only be used for offsides that lead to a goal in the same phase of play I assume

If an attacker is through and the linesman isnt 100%, he should leave the flag down and if a goal/corner comes of it (if not, you'd assume the defending team will have the ball back anyway), go back to VAR.  The Portugal one earlier is going back a bit too far imo. Linesman should have spotted them offside anyway, there was like 4 of em

What I mean is though if a linesman puts up his flag and the ref whistles and then someone scores that was actually onside, you can't really count it as a goal as the other team will have stopped playing

What I mean is though if a linesman puts up his flag and the ref whistles and then someone scores that was actually onside, you can't really count it as a goal as the other team will have stopped playing

Aye, would hope the linesmen will be told to keep the flag down and let the play develop?  If they put the flag up and it's actually onside, the call must be close. Teach them that for calls that close, keep it down

fuck knas tbh :lol: Work in progress like has been said. Just thinking out loud here

Nee idea, the creeps who watch rugby seem to enjoy the little bit of excitement they get from it.

It's all a ploy to introduce further advertising. VAR decision sponsored by Mcdonalds. Armchair fan wankery. Will say it again, the game at the elite level should be as close to grassroots as reasonably possible.

Yes, my only context is American football, which is a game so throughly made for television that virtual referees, instant replays and highlights, and plenty of commercial breaks all work together seamlessly. Armchair fan wankery indeed.

completely agree with this, whats the point disallowing a goal over one head's length. If we're to persist with the goal line technology then there should be a relaxing of the laws regarding what is offside. go back to daylight or something similar, no point disallowing a goal because his head was offside

Guest neesy111

Aye, would hope the linesmen will be told to keep the flag down and let the play develop?  If they put the flag up and it's actually onside, the call must be close. Teach them that for calls that close, keep it down

fuck knas tbh :lol: Work in progress like has been said. Just thinking out loud here

Should only be for calls that lead to a significant play e.g.  a goal or a penalty. 

Linesman can in a second ask for it to go to VAR to ref via his microphone instantly while play is still going on still, this conversation should be replayed instantly to the VAR who can then prepare the footage for the offside instantly reducing time needed to make the decision.