The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I just hope and pray Juve win it, to see Buffon lift the CL would be unmeasurable happiness for the entire world.

Couldn't agree more. Unless Atleti reach the final then it's super conflicting. Nobody in football deserves it more.

Guest neesy111

I've been a Zidane critic because the football can be poor but the work rate and concentration has been brilliant. Great substitution too.

Agree with the analysis that Ancelotti should've shut up shop at 1-1.

I found their tactics and approach at 1-1 very bizarre tbh.  Seems to me Bayern weren't prepared for playing a team like Real (in terms of quality).

I've been a Zidane critic because the football can be poor but the work rate and concentration has been brilliant. Great substitution too.

Agree with the analysis that Ancelotti should've shut up shop at 1-1.

I found their tactics and approach at 1-1 very bizarre tbh.  Seems to me Bayern weren't prepared for playing a team like Real (in terms of quality).

Real were patient/cautious but after 10 minutes you could see the goal coming, should've changed it.

Just seen the Atleti penalty. Looked a Vardy special - tis funny.

Can see Leicester perhaps winning next week tbh but I don't expect them to keep a cleansheet. Despite their paganism - a CL quarter final ffs. Danny Simpson ffs. Wes Morgan ffs.

Guest neesy111

I don't understand how pundits can sit there and slate the referee for that penalty decision to be honest.

In real-time, it looked a penalty. The referee only gets to see it once and when I (and everyone else I've spoken to) saw it once, they called it the same way the referee did.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

We all saw it from the same angle from the other end of the pitch where it looked a stone waller though. It's the referees job to be in a position where he can see if a player is a foot outside the box or not.

And he still only has a split second to make a decision.  Got to remember, unlike 30 years ago football is played a very fast pace which makes it harder to make a decision in an instant.

He can take longer if he wants to like, or ever ask for assistance from his staff. I'm not saying it was easy, but the broadcast angle is a bit deceptive. It was pretty clearly outside the box from closer angles.

Referee also had a Leicester player run infront of him at the exact same time, which he couldn't do anything about. It's also not as clear cut as you make out from the other angles until play has either been slowed down or paused altogether. In normal play with only one viewing it's a much tougher a decision to make.

Pundits are making it out to be some horrific decision, it really wasn't that clearcut at all