Ipswich Town 3-1 Newcastle United - 17/04/17 - Post-match reaction from page 33

BlueStar

Melting on our feet. Well done Ashley,  Carr and Charnley you football greats!

To be fair, a lot of people on here seem to share their opinions, which is somewhat strange.

In what way Dave?

Lots of people think we should have pissed the league and have dismissed the need to freshen up the squad in January. Just like those three.

Large portion of the squad thinking promotion wrapped up since we got past Huddersfield. I'd love to say today has woken them up to reality; but if the two previous results haven't then why should this one? This has got infamous capitulation written all over it.

To be fair, a lot of people on here seem to share their opinions, which is somewhat strange.

In what way Dave?

Lots of people think we should have pissed the league and have dismissed the need to freshen up the squad in January. Just like those three.

Haven't seen lots of people saying we didn't need to strengthen at all tbh. You're on here more than me though so I've probably missed the posts.

If Derby win tonight it really is a lifeline.

We have 3 games left; all against teams who have nothing to play for. If we cannot win a single one of those then we just don't deserve to go up.

what did Ipswich have to play for?

In what way Dave?

Lots of people think we should have p*ssed the league and have dismissed the need to freshen up the squad in January. Just like those three.

Think it's more the fact that we were 10 points clear and had promotion comfortably in our hands. Regardless of strengthening in January or not, our squad had more than enough to see it through.

In what way Dave?

Lots of people think we should have p*ssed the league and have dismissed the need to freshen up the squad in January. Just like those three.

I wouldn't say we should've pissed it but with the manager and squad we should've been expecting promotion.

Townsend would've made a big difference.

Scored one goal or none in 7 of the last 8 games.

Can't score goals and feeling the pressure of it, combined with that of promotion.

For me it was the midfield today. We seemed non-existent in the middle. Coupled with Ritchie looking exhausted, any and all attacking threat we've shown this season is missing.

In what way Dave?

Haven't seen lots of people saying we didn't need to strengthen at all tbh. You're on here more than me though so I've probably missed the posts.

You haven't seen people consistently bemoaning the likes of Gouffran, Colback and Diame playing despite them not being good enough to suit the system? Or being critical of us being unable to defend without Clarke, attack without Ritchie or score without Gayle?

We needed new faces. Didn't get them. It's a factor.

The lack of leadership is a relevant point. It's been noticeable over the last 6/7 years, since Ashley booted Nolan, Harper, Smith and Barton out of the club - for standing up to him over a win bonus issue. Too many of the squad are populated by yes men (and the club) and as a reason, Rafa has been swimming against the tide. However, he is responsible too.

Guest chopey

Why do we change players like confetti but stick with this tired formation that even cavemen like Mick Mcarthy can work out by now?

In what way Dave?

I wouldn't say we should've pissed it but with the manager and squad we should've been expecting promotion.

:lol: :lol:

we spent £50million  we were 10, yes 10 points clear with 6 games to go and we are staring down the barrel of oblivion.

Townsend aside this squad should have easily dealt with the last 6-7 games, we are a fucking laughing stock again.

that goal 5 mins into injury time will cost us promotion

In what way Dave?

You haven't seen people consistently bemoaning the likes of Gouffran, Colback and Diame playing despite them not being good enough to suit the system? Or being critical of us being unable to defend without Clarke, attack without Ritchie or score without Gayle?

It is a factor without a doubt but that's no excuse for that uttershite today.

Those players were more than capable of getting points from Ipswich

In what way Dave?

But people didn't share Ashley's view about not needing to strengthen. That's different.

In what way Dave?

I wouldn't say we should've p*ssed it but with the manager and squad we should've been expecting promotion.

we spent £50million  we were 10, yes 10 points clear with 6 games to go and we are staring down the barrel of oblivion.

Townsend aside this squad should have easily dealt with the last 6-7 games, we are a f***ing laughing stock again.

Struggling to understand why you're laughing as much

Rafa;

"Made too many mistakes - need to understand when to play and not to.  Ipswich played really well and deserved to win. Is concerned, but wants us to train properly ahead of Preston. We need to play as we did against Leeds"

As much as I could hear as wor lass was talking to me!

In what way Dave?

I wouldn't say we should've p*ssed it but with the manager and squad we should've been expecting promotion.

Townsend aside this squad should have easily dealt with the last 6-7 games, we are a f***ing laughing stock again.

Struggling to understand why you're laughing as much

it masks my fucking anger at this cunt of a club

When we got back to 1-1 we needed the senior players to step up and make it known in no uncertain terms that we'd been given a 2nd chance in the game and that we had to put everything into the remaking time. I couldn't see any talking or any encouragement; something is just not right.

Lascelles is not a captain on the pitch, Hanley is the captain of Scotland and said nowt, Ritchie and Shelvey are too self indulgent when they needed to supportive to others, it was pathetic stuff. 

Rafa has to play what he believes to be his best 11 for the remaining games. We need a strong unit from here on in, rotation is a killer when results are against you.

Been out all day trying to ignore this in some vein hope we'd win and be nearly there.

This club man, absolute dog shit. I know were a couple of important players down, but fuck me, this league was there for the taking.

anyone putting money on us not going up?

Already have. 66-1 before this game.

Where was that market?

Sky bet, only put a fiver on it though.

Also been betting on hudds/Brighton win and us draw/lose, tenner a time, another £80 in the back pocket should hudds hold on today.

Easy money man,.