Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

I'd imagine HMRC will issue a hefty fine at least, possibility of criminal charges presumably. Have the league issued points deductions for this kind of stuff? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in the league is up to their elbows in this kind of shit but it would be just like us to be the worst at hiding it.

I'd imagine HMRC will issue a hefty fine at least, possibility of criminal charges presumably. Have the league issued points deductions for this kind of stuff? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in the league is up to their elbows in this kind of s*** but it would be just like us to be the worst at hiding it.

I don't think there is any precedent for it, and if the total sum of 1.9 million is correct then I doubt the FA would do anything, seems like a legal issue that had no bearing on the integrity of the game but I'm biased and so too are the FA generally against us, so who knows.

Guest chopey

Just another reason for Ashley to sell I don't think he needs another court case, just make a clean break, take your money, and fuck off

This one could have legs.. mirror running a story that 500m worth of transfers are under investigation

You would initially think that's over a hundred transfers, but in today's market that could be as little as under 10. :lol:

Have we even done half a billion worth of business since these crooks have been here?

About £300m on transfers in since Ashley arrived, probably at least as much coming back from outgoing transfers so total is likely well over £500m.  Obviously But there's no chance that every one of out transfers in and out are being investigated like :)

Remember when Spurs were deducted 12 points, fined £600k and booted out of the FA Cup in the mid 90s due to financial irregularities, only to be given their points back, put back in the FA Cup, and just had their fine doubled instead?

I know Spurs have their own transfer deadlines and stuff, but I hope they remember this if we are guilty...

Remember when Spurs were deducted 12 points, fined £600k and booted out of the FA Cup in the mid 90s due to financial irregularities, only to be given their points back, put back in the FA Cup, and just had their fine doubled instead?

I know Spurs have their own transfer deadlines and stuff, but I hope they remember this if we are guilty...

When comparing the two instances, and what goes against us, could be argued that we have arguably been more obstructive (than Spurs). Spurs owned up to what they did, Charnley and Co chose to mislead the FA (deleted emails, Penfold's dishonest actions have been noted).

If guilty i don't the expect the club to receive any leniency, re: the precedent you have highlighted, because Charnley and Co have obstructed (even the failed appeal doesn't look good) & led the authorities on a wild goose chase from the get go.

Guest neesy111

Can't compare the 2 cases at present.

What a fucking mess! Not content with condemning us to 2 relegations, undermining any manager who looks like giving us a modicum of success and ritually fucking up the footballing side of things, Ashley and his band of parasites have now potentially lumbered us with a massive fine, points deduction and rendered us unsellable for the foreseeable future. You couldn't make this shit up!

Surely Ashley sells up and the individuals get done, not the club?

The club's a PLC so I doubt it. Don't think anything will come out of this tbh but it's still absolutely mad we're even having to talk about this. Hope Ashley fucking dies.