CHAMPIONS 3 - 0 Barnsley // Aston Villa 1 - 1 Brighton - 07/05/17 - WOOOOOOO

Dave

from .com

Crowd: 52,276, not quite the highest of the season - there were 25 more fans here for the Leeds game.

That figure included some 2,700 travelling Tykes who missed the chance to join in the carnival mood after celebrating Brighton's goal at Villa.

The crowd meant that United ended the season with an average home league attendance of 51,108 - the highest since the 51,321 of the 2007/08 campaign.

(2009/10 promotion season average was 43,384).

That's so nuts for the Championship, so glad we're back where we belong  :smug:

But I though 50,000 screaming jawdees was a number made up by the magedia?

that is from nufc.com to be fair, doesn't get much more magedia than that

What a great day. We could only get tickets for the away end, so we were just sat smirking to each other as our goals went in. I have to say that the Barnsley fans chanting 'you're going to win f*** all' after Brighton scored was one of the most pathetic and tragic things I've seen for a while. They were completely silent up until that point and it took another team scoring for them to wake up and find their voices. (When they were 2-0 down. Playing an already promoted team. And they support f***ing Barnsley......)

However, I also have to give some of their fans credit when news broke that Villa had equalised as a fair few of them actually stood up and applauded. It took pretty much everything I had not to go mental at that point, but I don't think I'll ever forget the roar that went up as our players were trotting back into position after the Gayle goal. From where we were it seemed to start in the North West corner and spread around the whole stadium from there. It must be one of the biggest roars I've ever heard at St James', up there with the Jonas goal against West Ham and I was sat in the home end for that one. The noise and singing for the few minutes following that was incredible, and the Barnsley fans near us were commenting on how loud it was. A few of them stayed behind to take photos of the presentation too and were applauding our players, so they made up in some way for the large number of bellends that they had. Was a great feeling watching the celebrations from up high and being able to see the entire stadium full of joy.

One thing that is blatantly obvious from yesterday is that if Rafa can bring any sort of success to this club in the next few years, the celebrations and atmosphere would be on another level. I've got the feeling that we could be in for something special in the next few years, and I know I'm still drunk on the joy of yesterday but, f*** it, this is football and I'm overreacting and this is how it's supposed to feel to follow your team. I'm off to watch all the videos from yesterday again.......

I've never seen anything quite as pathetic as their lot setting of a flare to celebrate a Villa goal. Bizarre little creeps.

A few of them stayed back to watch the title presentation tbf.

Tbf the Barnsley fans we encountered in the town were all spot on and congratulating us.

The two Barnsley fans I spoke to were actually appalled by the fans that were celebrating the Brighton goal. Said the ones letting the smokebomb off were a bunch of out of control kids. I think we can relate to that element amongst our support like.

Looking from the gallowgate up to the away section it seemed to be a minority that were jumping up and down in celebration.

Tbf the Barnsley fans we encountered in the town were all spot on and congratulating us.

The two Barnsley fans I spoke to were actually appalled by the fans that were celebrating the Brighton goal. Said the ones letting the smokebomb off were a bunch of out of control kids. I think we can relate to that element amongst our support like.

Looking from the gallowgate up to the away section it seemed to be a minority that were jumping up and down in celebration.

I'm in the Gallowgate as well and that's how I seen it. Looked like a couple of hundred or so nearest to where our fans were and someone at the back set off a flare and was arrested for it about 15 minutes later. He must have thought he'd gotten away with it  :lol:

The rest of them didn't seem too bothered about the Brighton score. In fact they seemed like a pretty boring set of fans. Just sat there in silence for most of the match.

I'm in the Gallowgate as well and that's how I seen it. Looked like a couple of hundred or so nearest to where our fans were and someone at the back set off a flare and was arrested for it about 15 minutes later. He must have thought he'd gotten away with it  :lol:

The rest of them didn't seem too bothered about the Brighton score. In fact they seemed like a pretty boring set of fans. Just sat there in silence for most of the match.

I was sat in amongst them and you're right, it was a minority of their support nearest to our fans who were singing after the Brighton goal. Tragic nonetheless. You're also right about them being a boring set of fans, where I was sat there was no singing the entire game and everyone just sort of sat in silence, barely reacting to what happened on the pitch and just sort of accepted the sound beating they were getting. Was a bit odd as I thought most away ends would be very vocal.

I saw a bottle flying when they celebrated the goal, I think it came from our lot in level 7 and it looked like a plastic coke bottle without the top on and a few got soaked.

I saw a bottle flying when they celebrated the goal, I think it came from our lot in level 7 and it looked like a plastic coke bottle without the top on and a few got soaked.

I saw a bottle of tango or Fanta go flying over from our lot which a Barnsley fan caught!

At this point 2 of our lot who looked old enough to know better attempted to get through the netting and get stuck into them but were manhandled out by the law struggling all the way.

Just saw a video on youtube, pretty much a compilation of what Lazaar, and Atsu took yesterday. Lazaar was doing a lot of the videos. Perhaps playing on the phone too much for Rafa's liking this season? Just maybe.

Anyways, seems every player got a medal regardless the number of appearance they made. Fair play to the EFL. Rafa said they have to take in the memories. A medal would keep that with them even if they rarely played.

Might of been Altamullans red wine

Arrived back home today !!!! That was pretty special yesterday... The atmosphere was amazing, before the match i honestly thought i didn't care about winning the league, was just glad to be up, but when villa got equaliser i found my self going fucking mad  :lol: aha overall was a brilliant weekend !!!!... Btw the Barnsley fans where arguably the worst I've seen... You genuinely would of there was no one there until Brighton went 1 up !!!

Just an all round class day. Was class being there with my dad.  :aww:

Here's to a mint 2017-18 everyone.

:thup: comments like that really bring it home. Gutted couldn't get two tickets together/take my lad.

Sorry you couldn't get your bairn sorted with a ticket.

But was mint, will stick in my mind as an NUFC supporter for a long time. The game was incredibly comfortable for us. I thought Barnsley played decent stuff in their first two thirds but did nowt to hurt us. Perez's goal was brilliant and he's been back to his best and incredibly enjoyable to watch again. Early on in the game the Strawberry Corner cheered and we didn't know why as both me and my dad couldn't get a signal on our phones but we heard that it was still 0-0 so I assumed that a Brighton player had been sent off or something so that was confusing. After 3-0 and Gayle's mint celebration (he's such a twat, love him :lol:) I saw up in the L7 corner the fans up there going absolutely mental then their cheering spread through the stadium to the other side where we were (East Stand) and the atmosphere completely lifted again; it was really good for the first hour but went flat when news of Brighton's goal came through but lifted massively again after the cheer for Villa's goal and my phone was going mental from texts off my brother :lol:

Just an incredibly good day to be an NUFC which we haven't had much of past few years. Ashley was there, stuck out like a sore thumb in the director's box and I've seen the photos of him and Rafa. Just don't fuck this up, man. Give Rafa what he wants and we'll have just as enjoyable days as yesterday and a whole lot more in the future.

I saw a bottle of tango or Fanta go flying over from our lot which a Barnsley fan caught!

At this point 2 of our lot who looked old enough to know better attempted to get through the netting and get stuck into them but were manhandled out by the law struggling all the way.

It was probably what you've mentioned, I was looking up at it and only saw it flying through the air and liquid coming out of it.

I still haven't got over yesterday and have had a smile on my face all day.  It would be crazy to actually win something that was worth winning.

I've been going over the match in my head as if I was watching it on continuous play.

The daft thing is that we were also happy when we went down and you shouldn't feel like that.  I wonder if any set of fans have been through what we have over the last year?  We knew that if Rafa was here we'd have good times just around the corner and he's done it at the first attempt.

Been on youtube at the office all day watching scenes from yesterday. Now I'm watching what Brighton fans went through both at Villa Park and at their beamback at the Amex. There is one kid who made a vlog and was almost in tears when Villa scored. Feel for them but we did our job and they didn't so we deserve it.

Been on youtube at the office all day watching scenes from yesterday. Now I'm watching what Brighton fans went through both at Villa Park and at their beamback at the Amex. There is one kid who made a vlog and was almost in tears when Villa scored. Feel for them but we did our job and they didn't so we deserve it.

I couldn't care less about fans of other clubs, we've had more than our fair share of shit.

What happened to Brighton in the last three games? Any key players out etc seems odd for them to blow a lead so quick

blew their beans when they gained promotion, couldn't get going again.

Guest neesy111

What happened to Brighton in the last three games? Any key players out etc seems odd for them to blow a lead so quick

Guessing they just relaxed too much, there was massive pressure on them to get promotion considering they've had a number of tilts at it recently.

Mind over the last 6 matches we are on the same points as them.

Brighton had the chance to win the title 3 days after their promotion was won and even before we could even kick a ball that weekend. Then had another chance last week in front of their own fans and on Sky and they blew it.