Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

He must have a lot of positional sense off the ball that we don't get to see so much from the TV. He's doing something right, proper team player.

44 minutes ago, HawK said:

He must have a lot of positional sense off the ball that we don't get to see so much from the TV. He's doing something right, proper team player.

He's an odd one as he's an intelligent player who is prone to using his intelligence unintelligently. He second guesses and thinks himself into trouble. But with the right coaching and support he does far more good than bad.

Edited by 80

• 2 weeks later...

Tbf to Murphy, he was targeted more than anyone in terms of pressing, without much support at all, and his options were often back down the line to a (being pressed) Krafth, or blindly inside hoping that Longstaff would be there.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Yeah, Gordon was playing very narrow and Murphy was picking the ball up in right back positions. He never had a passing option available to him apart from going back to Dubravka, which nobody wants to see. 

3 hours ago, johnny36 said:

The thing is we know hes terrible but he still gets picked to start.. He will still be starting games next season.. Hes too weak, needs to bulk up or something

It should have been the usual 4-3-3 with Tino at RB. I don't know what Howe sees in him. He's 29 so way past the "bulk up" phase of his career.

10 minutes ago, Beth said:

It should have been the usual 4-3-3 with Tino at RB. I don't know what Howe sees in him. He's 29 so way past the "bulk up" phase of his career.

It's not even that he needs bulking up, he's just a championship level player and always has been. Good round the dressing room though, just like Ritchie, Dummet and Krafth.

Murphy, ritchie, dummet, krafth, targett, almiron and, at a shove, longstaff, will all need to be moved on sooner rather than later and replaced with much higher quality players.

I genuinely feel for the lad, he was good enough in the Ashley era i.e. bottom third of the prem, but he is way no where near for where we want to be.