Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

I think he's more worthy of a place in the line-up as well but I trust Rafa and he's obviously just easing him in.

:thup:

It wasn't all that long ago that he was being described as an utterly shit signing. Now he's so good that he should be looking to leave because he's on the bench. It's absolutely crazy.

Tbf it actually make a bit of sense that Ritchie plays especially away from home, hes a more defensive winger, where we have an attacking full-back, whereas on the other side we have a defensive full back and an attacking winger.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah yes, the laughing and calling it s**** with no reasoning to disprove it. The NO way.

Okay, here's some reasoning. Maybe Rafa understands the concept of an impact sub and feels that that will have a more positive impact than starting him. Maybe Rafa isn't happy with certain elements of his game yet to be happy starting him when he's going to have to help out against Zaha, what with him being young and it being his first season. The suggestion that he's on the way out and that he'll never get in ahead of Ritchie is risible tbh, ridiculous.

Left on the bench whilst Atsu produces another shitshow and the Anonymous Bros Matty and Dwighty trundle around producing bugger all for 90 mins.

Poor lad.

Baffling that Atsu is producing poor performances whereas Murphy was really coming into some form yet it's Atsu getting most of the game time. Murphy is clearly a confidence player and I'm not sure what leaving him out after he's been playing well is going to achieve.

Still cringing at how angry I got at him being left out yesterday man, what a mess  :lol:

Still will keep championing his cause though, nothing better than watching a player who likes to run at people do just that.

Fair play man. :lol:

I've been disappointed with his lack of time in the last few matches too, but we have a squad for a reason. Maybe Murphy's got a knock, or maybe Rafa simply thinks the others suit the teams we've played better.

Atsu was on the bench a lot during last season, but is getting plenty of games now. It'll just be Rafa's way of easing him in. Taking a bit too long, and it's frustrating when up until Kenedy arrived, none of our wingers really contributed much.

It makes you stop and think about coaching and whether it actually makes a difference. Very few of our players seem to be improving and some have even gone back.

Atsu is 26 and should be in his so-called peak years and yet doesn't seem to get any better. He may have the odd good game but his overall play contributes to why we are in trouble. No consistency at all.

Perez is no better than when he came here. Hayden is hardly making strides. Yedlin still seems to struggle with the concept of defending. Haidara?

List goes on.

Disagree, I think Atsu has got better here. He's a more capable and well-rounded player this season for us than he was last season. I think you may be basing much of your opinion on his current form - which is unfair.

Marginally, but that's all.

Unfair to form an opinion that includes how he's playing at these days?

Guest Howaythetoon

Atsu either has a blinder or is f***ing terrible on a single given day :lol:

Again, especially with wingers or wide men, they need to be in the starting 11 week in week out to show any kind of consistency and even then due to their position such players unless the very elite will frustrate and be inconsistent to a degree. Same applies to Murphy. If he starts at the weekend and has a mare...? Who would or what would be at fault?