Mikel Merino

Disco

I know he dived but had it been Rooney or whoever flavour of the month is right now he would have been "trying to get out the way of a tackle" or some other bollocks

My Whatsapp instantly popped up with an Arsenal fan whinging on that he won't get done retrospectively. Fuck off. :lol: Of all teams, we're likeliest for the FA to scoop out some bullshit excuse to do him. I don't give a fuck about playing fair anymore. Get as many snide fuckers who can get away with it as you can. Just no more snide fuckers who are too dumb to fool the referee; sick of them.

There was a moment today where it was like a game of head tennis, after about 5 if fell to him and most would have just headed it again, but not this guy he jumped and chested it down and played out of a tight space. He's just soo good.

From what I've seen so far, I suspect we may only get to see two seasons' of him in black and white, so let's sit back and enjoy them.

There is a "it was only Swansea" caveat, but he was so dominant yesterday that the dream pairing with Shelvey could actually be a goer.

He rightly should play only two more seasons for us if he continues giants progress like this.  All top teams need a player like him badly, including Barcelona. Flawless holding midfielder who can shine in both attack and defense.

I never thought we could get a player more talented than Ben Arfa, but seems we get one now, at least on par with.

Fuck off talking about a good player leaving the club. He's played 3 games for us. He reminds me a lot of Speed. Less physical but better on the ball.

We have a good manager who will hopefully be supported next summer. If he's supported, there's no reason we have to sell Merino.

f*** off talking about a good player leaving the club. He's played 3 games for us. He reminds me a lot of Speed. Less physical but better on the ball.

We have a good manager who will hopefully be supported next summer. If he's supported, there's no reason we have to sell Merino.

Different kind of player to Speedo, particularly at that stage of his career. But there is something about his movement, presence and quiet determination which triggered that memory/comparison for me. (RIP).

Given that an undermined manager was a huge influence which swayed him into joining (on loan) I'd rather he refuse to sign (on a permanent deal) in the wake of a resignation.

It will be sickening to watch Ashley, this regime, shuffle themselves into a massive pay day position (further sale) on the back of Rafa's astute recruitment, after a Summer transfer window where they deliberately stifled the manager's 'project' building effort.

Can easily see Rafa having a word with this lad with a view to signing him, from Dortmund with a larger fee attached, at his next managerial post. This club deserves nothing less - to be royally f***ed over somehow as described.

Thoroughly enjoyed that performance, it had everything.

The class was clear to see from the Huddersfield game even if he did make mistakes. He's always lookin for the ball and he is so calm in possession in stark contrast to Colback.

The dive was awful, in real time I was screaming for a penalty BUT not even close, more frustrating as a he could have got a shot off. Although we are a bit too nice and naive that's not what we should be doing to change that.

It wasn't hard to outshine Renato like, he was utter shite.

Both players have been victims of being promoted at an early age to a big club and not breaking through. That can kill a player's confidence for some time, but Merino seems to have the mental strength to deal with it. After only three games, he's found his feet and looks like a leader out there.

With Sanches, you could see glimpses of the talent, but mentally he struggled. Perhaps it's a bit unfair to judge him when he is so new to the Premiership though.

Sick of hearing about his "dive".

Watch it closely and properly, Ollson grabs his arm and pulls him back, defo a free kick.

Thank you!

Hooks his arm is a more accurate description. Entitled to go down when he feels contact and ridiculous that he's getting slaughtered on here for it.

Best part being he is so young! Plays well here, gets a 5 year contract no reason for him to leave straight away assuming we stay up and the manager is finally backed! He can learn a huge amount under Rafa and will like the cult status he is rapidly developing here.

Hard to see a way back into the team for Shelvey at the moment IMO (not that he deserves to walk straight back in!).

He's just a proper midfielder compared to the shit we have been used to. His use of the ball and the ground he covers is immense. Add to the fact he knows how to get his body behind the ball and draws fouls all the time makes him a starter. Whether Hayden or Shelvey starts alongside him i'm not sure, I could see how Shelvey would benefit massively playing alongside him.

Watch it closely and properly, Ollson grabs his arm and pulls him back, defo a free kick.

Thank you!

Hooks his arm is a more accurate description. Entitled to go down when he feels contact and ridiculous that he's getting slaughtered on here for it.

I must admit I hate the 'entitled to go down' comment, it just grates on me.  Minimal contact does not entitle you to throw yourself to the floor and get a  free kick, the logical extension of that becomes a non-contact sport or we get 50 penalties a match.  It has to be sufficient contact to be a foul and that is in the judgement of the referee.  Merino's actions yesterday were embarrassing and should be called out as such.

Great player though

He grabs his arm which is why his legs gave way? Aye, right

It was a blatant dive BUT his performance was class which is the most important thing

He's just a proper midfielder compared to the s*** we have been used to.

I often wonder these days if the likes of Colback, Gouffran & Anita have skewed our vision so much that a player comes along, does the basics well and we instantly think he's a world beater [emoji38]

Of course that's possible, it just feels like an age since we had a decent one, although with Shelvey and Hayden we have a much better midfield than when we got relegated and no Colback in sight :-)