Mikel Merino

Disco

But he'll only stay if he's got £70-100m to spend!

Think it's clear that as long as we spend what we have then he'll be happy, or at least accepting of it. Next summer though I have no doubt he'll be expecting us to be in that £15-25m market and paying £100k plus wages that West Ham, Leicester, even Bournemouth are playing in.

So with this and Manquillo, that's two former U-21 Spanish internationals that didn't quite get there after being highly rated. I guess there's worse transfer strategies.

Could have been three Spain U21 with Sandro Ramirez.

It's been reported he's coming because of Rafa.

Yeah, I think we've punched above our weight here. Nice to see.

He's a Spanish U-21 who's done the grand sum of fuck all in his career, we haven't fallen off that bad Christ! :lol:

He's a Spanish U-21 who's done the grand sum of f*** all in his career, we haven't fallen off that bad Christ! :lol:

You beat Athletic for his signing though, who were willing to pay the fee upfront. That's gotta count for something.

Guest firetotheworks

deranged Superman act

:lol:

:lol: love that

There was this video someone once posted on here, where Taylor is running around like a clown inside the box, trying to be a nuisance to the oppo defenders and keeper, which is absolutely hilarious.

Nah, it's the perfect description of him tbh. The hero that no one needs.

deranged Superman act

[emoji38]

[emoji38] love that

There was this video someone once posted on here, where Taylor is running around like a clown inside the box, trying to be a nuisance to the oppo defenders and keeper, which is absolutely hilarious.

Stoke at home. Cabaye scored the free kick and Taylor celebrated by laughing in Begovic's face.

The hero that no one needs.

:lol: :thup:

:lol:

Remember an article where he talked about his mackem hatred ahead of the derby and was like "I hate them. I really hate them. We must win. Did I mention I hate them? I hate them so much"

Yeah, whatever "Tayls".

He's a Spanish U-21 who's done the grand sum of f*** all in his career, we haven't fallen off that bad Christ! :lol:

You beat Athletic for his signing though, who were willing to pay the fee upfront. That's gotta count for something.

That's a fair comment, still wouldn't say we're punching above our weight, sign Bale however...

He's a Spanish U-21 who's done the grand sum of fuck all in his career, we haven't fallen off that bad Christ! :lol:

Give the guy a chance, he's only just turned 21.

He's won Under 21 caps for Spain and secured a move to a club the size of Dortmund. That's not fuck all for a young player.

This lad could easily turn out to be our best player.

Give the guy a chance, he's only just turned 21.

He's won Under 21 caps for Spain and secured a move to a club the size of Dortmund. That's not f*** all for a young player.

This lad could easily turn out to be our best player.

I don't disagree with any of that but similarly we aren't punching above our weight, that's been my only point of contention.

This guy looks nothing like Colback going off that video, he actually looks decent.

Well he can carry the ball and go past players, that's a massive upgrade just there. Goes for the return pass as well which Colback would never dream of. I suppose the only question mark would be how he will hold up to the pace of English football and getting clattered a few times.

This guy looks nothing like Colback going off that video, he actually looks decent.

Well he can carry the ball and go past players, that's a massive upgrade just there. Goes for the return pass as well which Colback would never dream of. I suppose the only question mark would be how he will hold up to the pace of English football and getting clattered a few times.

Rafa wouldn't be signing him if he thought the physicality was an issue. He knows the Premier League too well to take that sort of risk.

It might take him a while to adjust but he's a big enough lad, I doubt he'll be phased.

Rafa wouldn't be signing him if he thought the physicality was an issue. He knows the Premier League too well to take that sort of risk.

It might take him a while to adjust but he's a big enough lad, I doubt he'll be phased.

Yeah I would have thought so too, plus he was used as a defender so he's not going to be a fairy. Just the video doesn't really show him doing much of the physical stuff.

Merino is a defensive midfielder with lots of engine - he just happens to not treat the ball like a hot potato. He seems a very Benítez player to me in that regard, but don't expect him to be a creative force. I'd expect him to be a Colback upgrade, provided he's successful in the league.