Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, 54 said:

If true... Really think this a game changer for us and the league.

It is way over budget and once complete there will be nothing anyone can say if Maxi or Miggy went for an inflated 80 to 100 million bid.

Or even lesser players for 10 20 million... Honestly feel they have found the cheat code 

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

7 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

If true... Really think this a game changer for us and the league.

It is way over budget and once complete there will be nothing anyone can say if Maxi or Miggy went for an inflated 80 to 100 million bid.

Or even lesser players for 10 20 million... Honestly feel they have found the cheat code 

The issues are 1. You're relying on Miggy/ASM/whoever to be willing to go to KSA and 2. As soon as a deal between a Saudi club and NUFC is done its going to be scrutinised like no transfer in history. Any slight hint of "working the system", a memo, an email, an overheard conversation, the authorities are going to come down like a ton of bricks.

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

The issues are 1. You're relying on Miggy/ASM/whoever to be willing to go to KSA and 2. As soon as a deal between a Saudi club and NUFC is done its going to be scrutinised like no transfer in history. Any slight hint of "working the system", a memo, an email, an overheard conversation, the authorities are going to come down like a ton of bricks.

If Neves is 47mill then Miggy wouldn't be far off after the season he had.

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

That's why this deal opens up the opportunity. Every other deal was an end of contract or a deal that made sense due to the player / high wages.

This is the first one I'm aware of that breaks this model and includes a ridiculous transfer fee.

And I'm sure a lot of players will have their heads turned when they see the wages on offer.

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

38 minutes ago, 54 said:

I found Pep's relief at winning the Champions League quite telling. 

They're likely to lose Gundogan, KDB is the wrong side of 30, and Walker can't go on like this forever. I think he knows a big shift of the core is coming and I think Rico Lewis, Foden, and Palmer will get more chances next season for that reason. 

If we’d sold a player for 47 million in last year of their contract to a Saudi team, the usual suspects would be calling for a PL investigation right now.

Not a dicky bird will be said if other clubs are benefitting from the Saudi riches though, just hope our owners aren’t giving a leg up to rivals here for the transfer window.

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

There’s nothing sketchy about it, Mendes is just a money grubbing rat.

Its nothing scetchy about it, but it will be a problem if they start buying older stars from Manu, Pool, Chelsea etc.

Just now, Sempiternal said:

I think it’s shit for the game but there’s no rule breaking going on, same as any other transfer 

No but when they start buying Kane, Salah, Casemiro for millions its like a front shirt sponsor value. 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

How do you mean?

They can easily buy Kane or Casemiro for 200m each. It would be a big coup for them. The money cow clubs will be way a head of us and the rest of the PL if they start spending as there is no FFP in SA. It will be an easy route for the top clubs to gain a lot of money. 

12 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Sure but theoretically any club can do it, so it wouldn’t just be them

Theoretically yes, but it will never happen in Europe. Clubs with high calibre players will benefit from this. If the Saudis start spending big on stars from the big leagues the market will be in for a ride.

Edited by nufc123

Just now, nufc123 said:

Theoretically yes, but it will never happen in Europe. Clubs with high caibre players will benefit from this. If the Saudis start spending big on stars from the big leagues the market will be in for a ride.

I mean Neves has just gone there, wouldn’t call wolves one of the big six. I agree it’s shit, but I don’t think it means that it’s only the big clubs doing it