Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

If we’d sold a player for 47 million in last year of their contract to a Saudi team, the usual suspects would be calling for a PL investigation right now...

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

On the plus side agents will be falling over themselves to deal with PIF, could and should work in our favour on other deals.

Wouldn’t that be pretty solid grounds for a PL investigation then? :lol:

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

I mean Neves has just gone there, wouldn’t call wolves one of the big six. I agree it’s shit, but I don’t think it means that it’s only the big clubs doing it 

Dont think we understand each other here. Not talking about Neves. But when the they start spending high sums on Maguire, Henderson or Aubameyang for example its a problem. High calibre players with low value. Its easy big money for the big clubs wich they would not get a chance of in Europe.   

Just now, leffe186 said:

Wouldn’t that be pretty solid grounds for a PL investigation then? :lol:

If Dummett all of a sudden went for 20 million, or Neves was loaned to us in January I think we’d be under the spotlight.

However, it doesn’t do us any harm when chasing players if our owners are on good terms with their agent.

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

If Dummett all of a sudden went for 20 million, or Neves was loaned to us in January I think we’d be under the spotlight.

However, it doesn’t do us any harm when chasing players if our owners are on good terms with their agent.

I’m not seeing that tbh.  What PIF is doing re the KSA league has nowt to do with us, nor is there any obvious net benefit to us - and ultimately money talks with agents.  They’re spending money to improve their own league ahead of a WC bid.  There is actually the potential for this to be a negative for us, given that there are no FFP restrictions on the KSA league and therefore they can chuck as much as they want at it.  Who needs to worry about a far away European league when you could just spend the cash at home? Particularly given the headaches so far from the PL.

They want to turn NUFC into a 4 billion football club, that’s their motivation along with the exposure owning a top PL club brings.

I’ve got no doubt if it wasn’t for FFP we’d have been treated to huge signings, they might be frustrated with FFP but I think they’re in it for the long term and happy to grow the club.

They’ll get their World Cup exposure through the big names and that won’t be with us, but I think they’ve realised that and investing in sport in their homeland was always part of PIF’s vision 2030.

I also think the way they’ve ran us so far has gained them huge admiration in the football world begrudgingly, they’ve been shrewd and not made a wrong step so far, long may it continue.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

If we’d sold a player for 47 million in last year of their contract to a Saudi team, the usual suspects would be calling for a PL investigation right now.

Not a dicky bird will be said if other clubs are benefitting from the Saudi riches though, just hope our owners aren’t giving a leg up to rivals here for the transfer window.

We are basically the only club that can't benefit from the Riches and so I'll not be happy if it gets clubs like Chelsea out the hole they are in 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22731277/chelsea-todd-boehly-saudi-arabia-pif-transfers-ffp/

Just will ruin what is left of the integrity of football. I have no doubt PIF care more about improving their own league that any impact of their actions on the competitiveness of Newcastle's rival clubs.

Edited by duo

Anyone else a bit worried about how this is all going? 

I read last night that PIF have billions of pounds worth of assets managed by Clearlake Capital, who worked with Boehly to buy Chelsea. Now Saudi Arabia are hoovering up Chelsea's unwanted, overpaid talent which will reset them for FFP.

Led me down a rabbit hole and didn't realise just how much Qatar/Saudi Arabia etc own in the U.K. 

Worrying.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I read last night that PIF have billions of pounds worth of assets managed by Clearlake Capital, who worked with Boehly to buy Chelsea. Now Saudi Arabia are hoovering up Chelsea's unwanted, overpaid talent which will reset them for FFP.

Led me down a rabbit hole and didn't realise just how much Qatar/Saudi Arabia etc own in the U.K. 

Hide contents

Worrying.

If they started paying Neves money for the Chelsea cast offs then yes maybe you could get worried by it. It seems Chelsea are just trying to offload unwanted high earners and because Saudi has unlimited funds available they're quite happy to take them to give the Saudi league some credibility. Have they even stated that these Chelsea players are going for transfer fees rather than just offloading their contracts?

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

If they started paying Neves money for the Chelsea cast offs then yes maybe you could get worried by it. It seems Chelsea are just trying to offload unwanted high earners and because Saudi has unlimited funds available they're quite happy to take them to give the Saudi league some credibility. Have they even stated that these Chelsea players are going for transfer fees rather than just offloading their contracts?

Yes Romano said that Chelsea rejected Inter's Koulibaly loan offer because they will receive a fee from Saudi Arabia, so I guess we'll see just how much they're going to get.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Yes Romano said that Chelsea rejected Inter's Koulibaly loan offer because they will receive a fee from Saudi Arabia, so I guess we'll see just how much they're going to get.

Man City paying them over £30m for Kovacic with 1 year left on his deal is arguably more of an issue.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Worrying.

Yeah, I've always known how involved Saudi Arabia are with the UK which is why it pissed me off when self righteous fans jumped on us to say we should be boycotting our club. 

Look, it's not my idea of a great outcome being owned by a regime like this but neither do I want my country involved either but what choice do i have? Suck out all the joy on offer, never take an Uber, disown fb, stop driving my van? 

The corruption is full blown. We might as well get used to it.