Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 hours ago, TRC said:

Selling Koulibaly for 30m and getting 300k on wages would not happen anywhere else but Saudi

In terms of fees, Chelsea literally got him for 30m just 12 months ago. It wasn’t a big deal then, but it is a big deal now?

I have worse examples: Lukaku for 100m, Antony for 90m, Maguire for 80m, and Coutinho for 135m. 

Koulibaly is already on 300k salary with Chelsea btw. 

10 hours ago, Deuce said:

It’s a “buying Chris Wood will help Burnley!” redux. Chelsea would’ve found a way to offload the players they needed to and bought the players they wanted with or without the Saudis. If anything, moving quality players to Saudi Arabia who might’ve otherwise been sold to another PL club is a benefit to us.

1000% :clap:

47 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

In terms of fees, Chelsea literally got him for 30m just 12 months ago. It wasn’t a big deal then, but it is a big deal now?

I have worse examples: Lukaku for 100m, Antony for 90m, Maguire for 80m, and Coutinho for 135m. 

Koulibaly is already on 300k salary with Chelsea btw. 

People have already explained that nobody but Saudi would pay all of his wages or offer a fee let alone the whole amount they paid.  What’s not clicking? The only other offer is a loan and about 50% of his salary. Chelsea would accept a free if it meant the whole wages were gone. 

They might be able to shot 2 or 3 of these. 

44 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

People have already explained that nobody but Saudi would pay all of his wages or offer a fee let alone the whole amount they paid.  What’s not clicking? The only other offer is a loan and about 50% of his salary. Chelsea would accept a free if it meant the whole wages were gone. 

They might be able to shot 2 or 3 of these. 

Read my post again. Chelsea did the exact same thing 12 months ago, and I gave examples for worse deals by other teams. So the idea that only Saudi does that isn’t true. 

He was literally sold at book value. 

Edited by Solitude20

24 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Read my post again. Chelsea did the exact same thing 12 months ago, and I gave examples for worse deals by other teams. So the idea that only Saudi does that isn’t true. 

He was literally sold at book value. 

I think you're massively missing the point here even though TCD has explained it.

Koulibaly signed for £33m on 300k a week a year ago, you're right about that. His stock was high. His hasn't had a good season. His stock has dropped a lot. He's a year older. Despite this, Chelsea are now going to recoup almost all of the fee and all of the wages will be off the books.

If there was no Saudi Arabia, they would be looking at recouping half the fee if they were lucky and there's not one European club who would pay Kouliably even remotely close to 300k after the season he has had.

Comparing Antony/Havertz etc. is silly. They're investments. They're 23/24.

Edited by Froggy

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Havertz to Arsenal is a very weird one, especially at a high price. 

Wonder if Arteta is going to go all Pep and start playing Jesus on the wing.

Probably play Havertz as a #10. Drop Odegaard a little deeper. They'll have far more protection in midfield as Rice is significantly better than Partey and Xhaka. 

Jesus

Martinelli

Havertz

Saka

Odegaard

Rice 

A very strong, young midfield and forward line.

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think you're massively missing the point here even though TCD has explained it.

Koulibaly signed for £33m on 300k a week a year ago, you're right about that. His stock was high. His hasn't had a good season. His stock has dropped a lot. He's a year old. Despite this, Chelsea are now going to recoup almost all of the fee and all of the wages will be off the books.

If there was no Saudi Arabia, they would be looking at recouping half the fee if they were lucky and there's not one European club who would pay Kouliably even remotely close to 300k after the season he has had.

Comparing Antony/Havertz etc. is silly. They're investments. They're 23/24.

I think you too are misunderstanding my point, or perhaps we are talking about different points of view. 

It’s been said in the past view pages here and in other platforms that those deals are killing the game. It’s been portrayed as something out of the ordinary. My reply was against those claims since nobody raised those points 12 months ago or when Maguire or Lukaku deals took place.  I am not talking about how profitable this deal is for Chelsea. Remember, it’s about claiming such deals are astronomical and breaking the game, and I am saying it is not. It has been the norm.

I mean, with the salaries CR7 or Benzema are getting, Koulibali’s salary is peanuts. Koulibali will sit on the bench for Chelsea, and clearly they want to get rid of him. So other teams will play hardball to get a better deal for them since they have the advantage in negotiating. His fees aren’t high, his salary is. He is still good enough to have a starting roles for many European clubs. Now that Saudi clubs come and offer him the same salary and the playtime that he wants, so it is a win win. 

Edited by Solitude20

2 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

My reply was against those claims since nobody raised those points 12 months ago or when Maguire or Lukaku deals took place.

Maguire was 26, and considered one of the best defenders in English football as well as being homegrown and a seasoned Premier League player.

Every time Lukaku has moved for big money it's because he's just off the back of a great season, be that with West Brom, Everton or Inter.

Koulibaly is 32, and just had a poor season. It's 100% out of the ordinary for Chelsea to get any sort of decent fee at all. Ordinarily if they wanted rid of Kouliably after last season they'd probably have to terminate him or give him a free transfer because of his wages. Nobody would be paying for him.

Think Arteta wants both 8s to play very high and in the forward 5 for his 4-3-3/3-2-5. Havertz is much more suited to that role than Xhaka ever was.

I think it might work out.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Maguire was 26, and considered one of the best defenders in English football as well as being homegrown and a seasoned Premier League player.

Every time Lukaku has moved for big money it's because he's just off the back of a great season, be that with West Brom, Everton or Inter.

Koulibaly is 32, and just had a poor season. It's 100% out of the ordinary for Chelsea to get any sort of decent fee at all. Ordinarily if they wanted rid of Kouliably after last season they'd probably have to terminate him or give him a free transfer because of his wages. Nobody would be paying for him.

Again, we are talking past each other.

If 80m for Maguire is normal to you, I think 30m isn’t much for Koilibaly even after a bad season, a lot of Chelsea players had a bad season anyway. He was still very good with Napoli just a year ago. A European club would’ve easily paid that for him. The issue was his salary as I agree though he would’ve got a lower salary in another European club. But again the salary he’s getting at Saudi isn’t astronomical, just like it wasn’t 12 months ago. I repeat, my point isn’t about how profitable this deal is for Chelsea. It’s about “breaking the game” type of comments.  

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I hate how Arsenal go on, they make everything public, we want to buy Rice, the selling club are very clear, 100m is the price, then Arsenal bid 70m, then 80m, then 90m, so so tiring. They would always do it during the Wenger years too, player is 25m, Arsenal bid 4m. Zzzzzzzzz.

52 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Again, we are talking past each other.

If 80m for Maguire is normal to you, I think 30m isn’t much for Koilibaly even after a bad season, a lot of Chelsea players had a bad season anyway. He was still very good with Napoli just a year ago. A European club would’ve easily paid that for him. The issue was his salary as I agree though he would’ve got a lower salary in another European club. But again the salary he’s getting at Saudi isn’t astronomical, just like it wasn’t 12 months ago. I repeat, my point isn’t about how profitable this deal is for Chelsea. It’s about “breaking the game” type of comments.  

No European club would pay 30m for a 32 year old Koulibaly this transfer window. Only Chelsea last summer was daft enough paying over 30m for a 31 year old. No club would neither pay the wages hes on. Its a sick deal for Chelsea. They are getting rid of the wages and on top of that hundreds of millions. Its not about sick prices for Maguire or whatever. Ita about outkasts getting sold for millions. Its would be the same if they bought Aubameyang for 20m. Wilson scored 18 goals this season but hes 31 and no European club would pay 30m for him. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

No he wasn’t. He had a good World Cup campaign, but most people realised that he was just in his best form and that he was good for Leicester, but prone to errors. Pundits and fans warned Man Utd not to go near him as he was overrated in the media.