Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, Menace said:

Real Madrid sold the top, got varane and casemiro off the books and replaced them with younger players. Fantastic management.

Man U have become the Newcastle United of the post-Bobby era. Signing cast offs who are either finished or already in real decline. The irony being that we mostly signed them from Man U 

29 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Man U have become the Newcastle United of the post-Bobby era. Signing cast offs who are either finished or already in real decline. The irony being that we mostly signed them from Man U 

Varane has been our best centre back for years. His issue is staying fit. Casemiro was instrumental in us finishing third and winning a trophy last year but has been injured for a lot of this season. He'll be important when he's back. 

We've signed some absolute shite like, but I wouldn't be singling out those two. 

Not sure who Neesy is meaning when he says Real Madrid are great are selling to us. If anything we've sold them more declining players than the other way around; Van Nistelrooy, Heinze etc.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Varane has been our best centre back for years. His issue is staying fit. Casemiro was instrumental in us finishing third and winning a trophy last year but has been injured for a lot of this season. He'll be important when he's back. 

We've signed some absolute shite like, but I wouldn't be singling out those two. 

Not sure who Neesy is meaning when he says Real Madrid are great are selling to us. If anything we've sold them more declining players than the other way around; Van Nistelrooy, Heinze etc.

They still won a title with Van Nistelrooy being their main striker.

In denial as always.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

They still won a title with Van Nistelrooy being their main striker.

In denial as always.

And we won our first trophy in 6 years with Casemiro scoring the opener. We also kept the most clean sheets last year with Varane and Casemiro being the most important factors in that.

What's your point? 

19 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Incredible signing for that price. We should have been in for him.

Yeah that's incredibly frustrating if we aren't in for him. 

Not going to argue about Varane as you bought him when he was still a fantastic player. It was always clear that Casemiro’s shelf life was going to run out well before the end of his contract and I think most people talked about that when he signed. The fact you had Sabitzer, Wout Weghorst and have Jonny Evans and Amrabat tells the story of where you are as a club right now. You’ve spent outlandishly on players who aren’t good enough, Antony, Sancho, Mount etc and then haven’t been able to spend to bring actual quality in. Obviously the Glazers are a major factor there but your transfer markets for years have been really poor @Froggy

14 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Yeah that's incredibly frustrating if we aren't in for him. 

Howe would rather have PL experience in January no chance we’re in for anyone like that unfortunately.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

You’ve spent outlandishly on players who aren’t good enough

This is 100% true. I was more talking about Neesy's comment about us being some sort of whipping boy to Madrid in the transfer market when it isn't the case.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The fact you had Sabitzer, Wout Weghorst and have Jonny Evans and Amrabat tells the story of where you are as a club right now.

They're all emergency loan signings because the board couldn't build lego never mind a team. Incredibly poor in the market. We would have had Arnautovic as well only the fans kicked off. :lol:

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

You’ve spent outlandishly on players who aren’t good enough, Antony, Sancho, Mount etc and then haven’t been able to spend to bring actual quality in.

I think Antony is pound for pound the worst singing we've ever made. He is garbage. I do think you're being harsh on Mount though. He hasn't had a chance to get into gear yet.

Less said about Sancho the better. All the talent, none of the mindset.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think Antony is pound for pound the worst singing we've ever made. He is garbage. I do think you're being harsh on Mount though. He hasn't had a chance to get into gear yet.

Less said about Sancho the better. All the talent, none of the mindset.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/news-no-wonder-he-s-late-training-should-just-retire-fans-fume-gamer-leaks-late-night-win-jadon-sancho-amid-manchester-united-exile

Hard to pick between a hapless woman beater and a kid who’s playing as himself on a computer game rather than playing on the pitch but getting paid £300k+ a week. If anything highlights the malaise you’re in it’s these two, for very different reasons.

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/news-no-wonder-he-s-late-training-should-just-retire-fans-fume-gamer-leaks-late-night-win-jadon-sancho-amid-manchester-united-exile

Hard to pick between a hapless woman beater and a kid who’s playing as himself on a computer game rather than playing on the pitch but getting paid £300k+ a week. If anything highlights the malaise you’re in it’s these two, for very different reasons.

Indeed. The entire team would have been built around Greenwood too and there would have been no Hojlund signing. Greenwood was the next superstar. 

Will probably be sold for £40m in the summer.

44 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Indeed. The entire team would have been built around Greenwood too and there would have been no Hojlund signing. Greenwood was the next superstar. 

Hardly the £100m+ player he was lining up to be but £40m is still a result, given there was a time many thought he’d be lining up for Porridge FC.

On 22/12/2023 at 17:45, Dr.Spaceman said:

If he was shite he wouldn't be playing regularly in the PL and be in and around the England side. He does a certain job, bit of a water carrier type thing that some of the better ACM's don't bother their arses with.

Wouldn't be near the England side if he didn't play for a London side.

Willock would have been picked last season if he'd played for Spurs or Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

No one is paying 40m for Greenwood.

I’m scratching my head on that one, too.  English players carry a premium in England due to HG rules, but I don’t see any decent PL club taking a punt.  He’s likely to go abroad I would think - and I can’t picture any club paying that.  Besides, given what he did, the risk of a repeat offence sadly seems high to me. 

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

No one is paying 40m for Greenwood.

We've already rejected a £40m approach for him. We'll trigger the contract extension and sell him for more. I said we'll sell him for £40m in the summer as a negative given how much he was previously worth. 

Though with our board you'll never know. End up with a packet of Quavers for him.

52 minutes ago, Froggy said:

£40m for greenwood 

You're absolutely off you're tits.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

£40m for greenwood 

You're absolutely off you're tits.

Aside from the fact we've been offered that already Neesy? :lol: 

Getafe do have a 20% buy on clause mind, so it would be £32m for them.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Aside from the fact we've been offered that already Neesy? :lol: 

Getafe do have a 20% buy on clause mind, so it would be £32m for them.

Who's offered that?

Is it the same one who offered £45m for longstaff?

Edited by El Prontonise

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Just three times of their highest ever transfer, sounds legit 

I don't think Getafe will get him. Atletico and Barca have strong interest also. For someone as good as Greenwood it's a low fee. Low wages as well make it a very low risk transfer.

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don't think Getafe will get him. Atletico and Barca have strong interest also. For someone as good as Greenwood it's a low fee. Low wages as well make it a very low risk transfer.

Getafe are a small club, there's a reason why he's gone there.

If he goes to anyone remotely big the backlash in Spain will be massive after their me too movement which is huge now. 

Ridiculous levels of delusion.

Edited by El Prontonise

16 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Getafe are a small club, there's a reason why he's gone there.

If he goes to anyone remotely big the backlash in Spain will be massive after their me too movement which is huge now. 

Ridiculous levels of delusion.

The #metoo movement was at its peak in 2017. Right around when Lucas Hernandez hospitalized his partner and was convicted of domestic violence while playing for Atletico Madrid. They didn't even suspend him. He then won the world cup with France, moved to the biggest club in Germany in a Bundesliga record fee and now plays for the biggest club in France. He violated a restraining order and is currently serving a suspended prison sentence.

Greenwood doesn't even have a conviction, and you think he won't get a move to someone like Atletico?

Time to stop throwing out the word delusion Neesy. You don't know what you're talking about. Money talks.

Edited by Froggy

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The #metoo movement was at its peak in 2017. Right around when Lucas Hernandez hospitalized his partner and was convicted of domestic violence while playing for Atletico Madrid. They didn't even suspend him. He then won the world cup with France, moved to the biggest club in Germany in a Bundesliga record fee and now plays for the biggest club in France. He violated a restraining order and is currently serving a suspended prison sentence.

Greenwood doesn't even have a conviction, and you think he won't get a move to someone like Atletico?

Time to stop throwing out the word delusion Neesy. You don't know what you're talking about. Money talks.

You have no clue what's happened in Spain since then with that first sentence.