Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Schalke head coach David Wagner confirms Yevhen Konoplyanka is leaving the club, telling Funke Sport: "He is training individually. Yevhen wants to keep fit with us while looking for a club."

He would be a decent signing for the Premier League clubs that spend money :hmm:

If you look at our squad last season, we had Abraham, Tuanzebe, Mings, El Ghazi, Hause all on loan.

Purely to replace the loan players was going to cost money, there's no getting away from it, it was going to involve players coming in.

All this talk about doing a Fulham, though - what are we meant to do? Attempt to stay up without spending money?

The new owners are doing what they said they'd do, even though injecting money is harder these days. They've pulled the stadium into a different company and done several share issues for 30m or so each time, so they are doing things the right way.

End of the day, a huge amount of activity was always going to have to happen this summer. It's no surprise.

I am just glad the new owners are finding ways to put so much cash in now, because - and remember, we were literally days away from a winding up order last summer - the club needs it desperately.

If you look at our squad last season, we had Abraham, Tuanzebe, Mings, El Ghazi, Hause all on loan.

Purely to replace the loan players was going to cost money, there's no getting away from it, it was going to involve players coming in.

All this talk about doing a Fulham, though - what are we meant to do? Attempt to stay up without spending money?

The new owners are doing what they said they'd do, even though injecting money is harder these days. They've pulled the stadium into a different company and done several share issues for 30m or so each time, so they are doing things the right way.

End of the day, a huge amount of activity was always going to have to happen this summer. It's no surprise.

I am just glad the new owners are finding ways to put so much cash in now, because - and remember, we were literally days away from a winding up order last summer - the club needs it desperately.

What's it like being a Villa fan atm? Optimistic, I assume?

Needed to sign 2 centre backs to break even from last season.

Mings for Mings

This kid for than Man Utd loannee.

This.

Also, Hause made permanent - word is that James Chester's totally fucked. Forced (by Bruce) to play through the pain barrier far too much last season.

I tell you the big thing. Until we went down, we'd had six or seven years where I hated going to the matches. Going down (although ideally it would not have been for three years) at least meant I started enjoying going to matches again.

Smith's impact this season was remarkable. Winning ten matches on the bounce to easily qualify for the play offs when we'd been 13th in March was incredible.

The major thing is the new owners. They're both super-rich, which helps, but as you guys (and us with Lerner) have seen, that's not a guarantee of them doing what they say they will.

So far, though, they've been brilliant.

We've sold more season tickets than for 40 plus years, apparently, there's a degree of optimism that we are starting to recover. We'd pretty much all take staying up next season, at this point, though.

This season there was a really clear bond between fans and players too (that's one reason Mings is so popular).

Someone said something somewhere (twitter probably) the other day - that for years he'd loved the club but for the first time in a while, he loved the team too. Which I thought was about right.

If you'd said just over a year ago when I left Wembley after losing to Fulham in that play off final - you're about to narrowly avoid a winding up order, get bought by some extremely rich, benevolent people, struggle for a bit, ditch Bruce, appoint a progressive coach who tries to play the right way, put together a record winning run and then go up through the play offs, I would have thought you were fucking insane, honestly.

I tell you the big thing. Until we went down, we'd had six or seven years where I hated going to the matches. Going down (although ideally it would not have been for three years) at least meant I started enjoying going to matches again.

Smith's impact this season was remarkable. Winning ten matches on the bounce to easily qualify for the play offs when we'd been 13th in March was incredible.

The major thing is the new owners. They're both super-rich, which helps, but as you guys (and us with Lerner) have seen, that's not a guarantee of them doing what they say they will.

So far, though, they've been brilliant.

We've sold more season tickets than for 40 plus years, apparently, there's a degree of optimism that we are starting to recover. We'd pretty much all take staying up next season, at this point, though.

This season there was a really clear bond between fans and players too (that's one reason Mings is so popular).

Someone said something somewhere (twitter probably) the other day - that for years he'd loved the club but for the first time in a while, he loved the team too. Which I thought was about right.

If you'd said just over a year ago when I left Wembley after losing to Fulham in that play off final - you're about to narrowly avoid a winding up order, get bought by some extremely rich, benevolent people, struggle for a bit, ditch Bruce, appoint a progressive coach who tries to play the right way, put together a record winning run and then go up through the play offs, I would have thought you were fucking insane, honestly.

Question.

Do you think Aston Villa will finish 10th first season up like Rafa Benitez did? :coolsmiley:

Christ

Anyone could do the job Rafa did apparently?

Well we’re about to find out :laugh:

Who said that?

Not one person. How can anyone be so constantly smug about rating Rafa Benitez highly on a forum where 99% of members rate Rafa Benitez highly?

Honestly please change the "Gallowgate" to "Bell" so I can at least derive some amusement from this idiot's posts. Tiresome as fuck now.

Frankfurt forward Sébastien Haller is refusing a move to West Ham, despite the Hammers being willing to pay €40m to sign him - Frenchman would only move to a Champions' League club, according to BILD.

Better than Gomez please don’t happen :weep: