Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

He might have won stuff at Liverpool, but Indint think he has been sang about as much as here. I remember Liverpool being booed off the pitch under him as LFC went top and at home too. As much as I might disagree with his tactics or lineup sometimes we rarely look clueless under him and that is very comforting. I don't fear a hiding under him or a losing streak.

Guest Howaythetoon

This point is down to Rafa, under any of our previous couple of managers and we lose and by a few goals.

Guest firetotheworks

Tactically brilliant tbh. None of it was backs to the wall, all about just being in the right position and then looking to play our own game. God knows where we'd be with a number 10 and a striker.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye this is as no backs to the wall stuff, it was disciplined, tactical and organised. Now imagine us with better players...

Aye this is as no backs to the wall stuff, it was disciplined, tactical and organised. Now imagine us with better players...

What last season was all working towards. We're only 2-3 players different but we know exactly what we're doing.Effectively a 14 month pre-season.

One thing I found funny was the commentators being bewildered by the fact the fans were getting behind a team playing conservative football, you could tell it was making his stereotypical brain spin :lol: