Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

6 million to get a world class manager is absolute peanuts, shouldn't even come into the equation for any serious bidder. Wonder what happens if we say no to their approach, tampering laws I don't think will allow them to talk to him, dunno if the 6 million thing works in another direction, like a release clause for a player, if they meet it we may not have the option to say no.

"concerned that he will leave".... Fucking should be, we'll implode like never before, we will reach new lows if he leaves, in so many ways.

The "club" has dug its own grave.. It's almost comical in a way :lol: Will never have a better chance of getting this kind of a quality manager, one that wants to be here for the long term as well and not leave at first chance..

I'm fucking done with football altogether if this fucking happens. Having a manager of the calibre of Rafa Benitez fall into their laps but losing him to a club whose fans fight each other in their athletics stadium during 0-3 home defeats to Burnley because you wouldn't let him spend the transfer budget the way he wanted to. :lol:

I would like to reassure our supporters that we have left no stone unturned in selecting the individual we believe is the right man to take West Ham United forward.

“We have followed a process that is progressing entirely to plan and are now very close to reaching an agreement.

“This is an exciting time for our football club. We are preparing to appoint a manager who has a proven record of success at the highest level of the game.”

I mean, yeah.

That reads as if they're talking to someone (Pellegrini? Emery? LVG?). Unless the press know fuck all, surely it would've came out if they'd paid the clause and/or were speaking to Rafa?

Still not convinced he'll leave for West Ham ffs. I'd be disappointed in him if he fucked us off for them.

:lol: It's all Ashley's fault, id not be disappointed in Rafa at all. Who knows, maybe they have made him promises regarding control and ambition. At least their owner hasn't let down Rafa 9 windows in a row. Very disappointed if they get him, but can't have anything against Rafa personally.

He's fucking going isn't he? It's over for me, if so.

Man we've had some stinking lows under Ashley but this has to be one of the worst. I'm out if this shit happens

Echo these sentiments, I'm out if he leaves, like :lol: