Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest chopey

Ashley has said that Rafa can have every penny the club makes do we actually know how much that is ? I don't think there will be many teams this season that owners actually put money towards a transfer kitty, I just get the feeling that Ashley takes out alot more than other owners before releasing funds

There's absolutely no way Ashley wins if Rafa leaves like. Ashley has shown time and time again that he hates protests, can you imagine the scale of them if Rafa left? Especially when some cunt would just replace him.

This  O0

If Rafa leaves everything comes tumbling down around Ashley’s ears. Fans will walk away, there will be major protests. Players will ask to leave and no decent player will want to go anywhere near the club. If Ashley’s idea is to wipe millions of pounds of the price of his asset and to basically have us heading in the direction of Sunderland then yes this WestHam link has played right into his hand. More than likely this is going to strengthen Benitez’s negotiation hand.

If Ashkey cocks up and Rafa goes then that'll be me done with the club until Ashley goes whenever that is. I lost interest before and stopped going when we had the continuum of utter dross as manager and usual bollocks at board level with transfers or lack of.

It wouldn't even be a hard choice, the soul will have been ripped out of the club once again

It's close season so any protests would be where exactly?  Ashley could gamble that it'll all blow over after the world cup and before August. Plus it gives his mates in sky a chance to develop the spin

It's close season so any protests would be where exactly?  Ashley could gamble that it'll all blow over after the world cup and before August. Plus it gives his mates in sky a chance to develop the spin

The protests would be in the form of the non-renewal of season tickets.......he certainly wouldn't  be getting my two back.

This wouldn't just blow over this time, and I think even Ashley realises that. Benitez has single-handedly doubled the club's value, surely even the businessman in him can see this, even though he clearly knows absolutely fuck all about the football side of things.

we're talking about protests and walkouts again are we? :lol:

it's the premier leeeeeague marra...they'll still flock through the gates if ashley decides to ned stark rafa outside the fucking club shop

Pretty much this. Ashley doesn't give a shit as all he does is read about the 'protests' (or most likely just informed of them from Penfold) while raking in tickets from a sold out St James' Park.

it's the premier leeeeeague marra...they'll still flock through the gates if ashley decides to ned stark rafa outside the fucking club shop

Pretty much this. Ashley doesn't give a shit as all he does is read about the 'protests' (or most likely just informed of them from Penfold) while raking in tickets from a sold out St James' Park.

protests are arguably better for him as it's more publicity for his shops...his only issue will be potential relegations again as they're obviously costly

I haven't been back since i dropped my ticket down the drain outside the Strawberry corner when my mate tried to convince me to go back in :lol:

Was really tempted to get it back under Rafa in the Championship, but to be honest I thought fatty would have fucked it up by now.

Sticking to my guns until he leaves.

Ashley has said that Rafa can have every penny the club makes do we actually know how much that is ? I don't think there will be many teams this season that owners actually put money towards a transfer kitty, I just get the feeling that Ashley takes out alot more than other owners before releasing funds

Why bother still after one decade with him? If he is serious, he doesn't need to have any PR stuff like press releases or statements. Just let Rafa spend without a word and we will know if he keeps to the same BS at the end of the transfer window.

it's the premier leeeeeague marra...they'll still flock through the gates if ashley decides to ned stark rafa outside the f***ing club shop

Pretty much this. Ashley doesn't give a s*** as all he does is read about the 'protests' (or most likely just informed of them from Penfold) while raking in tickets from a sold out St James' Park.

There's no way it sells out at SJP if he goes, no way......especially when he brings in some sap like Moyes.

All the season ticket holders I know to a man have said they're not renewing if Ashley fucks Rafa off.

it's the premier leeeeeague marra...they'll still flock through the gates if ashley decides to ned stark rafa outside the f***ing club shop

Pretty much this. Ashley doesn't give a s*** as all he does is read about the 'protests' (or most likely just informed of them from Penfold) while raking in tickets from a sold out St James' Park.

There's no way it sells out at SJP if he goes, no way......especially when he brings in some sap like Moyes.

All the season ticket holders I know to a man have said they're not renewing if Ashley fucks Rafa off.

yep loads will jack i'm sure, but he'll just drop the prices and hook in loads of people to come in for the privilege of watching us get dismantled by citeh in the greatest league in the world

Rafa`s under contract, at a club he loves amidst fans who love him & in an area he has a great affinity to.

(He's also very handsomely rewarded as well)

Unless Fat bloke bins him, he doesn't walk - end of

Ashley hates protest but he never fears for it. In his mind it's simple:

1. 6m profit

2. A squad good enough for survive

3. A new Pardew - that means more profit

We are seriously fucked.