Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Why wouldn't he go to China? Has he had any other offers?

I was told by someone who worked under Rafa (not inner circle but on the football side) that he’d turned Juve down. Caulkin is suggesting that Rafa knew he would be leaving for a while. I have to admit that on the face of things it’s all very strange. I can understand some of the players and fans may feel let down, Mackems will be loving it. I guess Rafa has simply had enough, good luck to him, can’t say I’m too happy that he’s going to China though. Dress it up like you want but money seems to have talked in that decision.

So, what's your point ?

Rafa made a big thing about a project and money not being a problem. I’d much preferred he’d gone to a competitive league, improved them, won trophies and shown Ashley what football is really about. I can’t believe that Rafa has gone there for the challenge or the football and that’s disappointing.

Maybe he's taken the job in China, short-term, in the hope that he could come back here under new ownership. Maybe that's just me clutching at straws but he's entitled to go wherever he wants, especially after putting up with Ashley and Charnley messing him about for 3 years.

This really does put an end to hope of him coming back under a takeover,

This is really worrying,

Think we are f***ed forever

I am gutted he is gone, and wanted him as manager under new owners.

However the priority has always been Ashley out at any cost, if these new owners (hopefully) didn't want Rafa then it is strange, but it's just a price we'd have to pay to get rid of Ashley.

Like i say, out at any cost, even if it means SD signs remain in the ground for a few seasons, anything just to be run like a normal football club, that wants to compete.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Aye, he's gone to China for the 'project'  :lol: howay

Money aside, stay here and endure scrapping for safety every season for Mike Ashley or go to China for an owner who is ambitious and wants to win the league?

Pretty sure I'd be off to China and adding another league title to my CV.

Or take a few months off and wait for a decent gig in a decent league...

Wait and what if nothing comes along, he's a workaholic and wants to work, football is his oxygen. And he'll put as much work in for his new club as he has for his previous ones.

You doubting him is pathetic, that opinion not you personally like.

Doubting him? He could easily have landed himself a decent job in Europe this summer. His name got linked to Juve, Roma, Marseille etc. All good clubs, but then he goes to China. It's just not what I expected from a man like him and as a result I've lost a bit respect for him. It's not the end of the World.

Frankly, working in China is better than working for Mike Ashley's NUFC. I'm sure if he had an offer from a credible European club (post exist), he would have taken it.

Good luck to him. :thup:

Why wouldn't he go to China? Has he had any other offers?

I was told by someone who worked under Rafa (not inner circle but on the football side) that he’d turned Juve down. Caulkin is suggesting that Rafa knew he would be leaving for a while. I have to admit that on the face of things it’s all very strange. I can understand some of the players and fans may feel let down, Mackems will be loving it. I guess Rafa has simply had enough, good luck to him, can’t say I’m too happy that he’s going to China though. Dress it up like you want but money seems to have talked in that decision.

So, what's your point ?

Rafa made a big thing about a project and money not being a problem. I’d much preferred he’d gone to a competitive league, improved them, won trophies and shown Ashley what football is really about. I can’t believe that Rafa has gone there for the challenge or the football and that’s disappointing.

Aye i understand the money argument but I've said this before about other leagues i think.

We know European leagues, but we arrogantly dismiss others as not as good, i also understand why that is. He as he always does will have checked out everything about the Chinese league and their version of cups, champions leagues etc.

Aye it's a big wage but for a man already rich beyond our wildest dreams, he may just fancy that league as something different and up and coming, he's managed in Spain, England and Italy twice already remember.

I believe that before i will about a pay packet, the man deserve more respect than to be thought of that way.

Clearly he has a plan with mike.Going to China to buy a couple of Newcastle players for 40 million each and then come back next year to spend it. Balance the books before the takeover for our champions league push.

Full of shit rafa if he goes to China

Don't be so childish

So he leaves here as he can’t control the clubs finances,

As literally no club would do in the world

‘ the project wasn’t good enough ‘

Goes to China for the coin to a nothing team

He’s full of shit man

:mung:

All these regens with Intelligence 0 stats, what's gannin on?

Something fishy if you ask me. I’d love to know the stats on how many sign ups we’ve had in the last couple of weeks as Rafa’s contract was winding down as compared to an average month. Some of the ‘opinions’ man...

How dare people have different opinions?

Didn’t say there was anything wrong with different opinions. Doesn’t mean I think they are right though.

How dare people have different opinions?

Didn’t say there was anything wrong with different opinions. Doesn’t mean I think they are right though.

Its no about different opinions, it's about a shed load of new sign ups with the same opposed opinion that's the issue and it's relentless

I won't believe he's gone to China till he signs up, as far as I'm concerned this is just more bullshit straw clutching by the press.

As Wullie said, he claimed working in Europe was a strain on the family so fucking China would not appear to be the solution!

This is some political move I as yet can't fathom, he may even go to talk but if he signs on I'll be astonished - maybe for one year?

Guest neesy111

I won't believe he's gone to China till he signs up, as far as I'm concerned this is just more bullshit straw clutching by the press.

As Wullie said, he claimed working in Europe was a strain on the family so fucking China would not appear to be the solution!

This is some political move I as yet can't fathom, he may even go to talk but if he signs on I'll be astonished - maybe for one year?

He's off to China, the guy that did the interview with him has said it.

The guy, you mean Caulkin?

Guest neesy111

Yes.

As Wullie said, he claimed working in Europe was a strain on the family so f***ing China would not appear to be the solution!

:lol:

I'm afraid he is going to China, mate.

Yes.

Ok, so the article where there is not one quote from Rafa saying he is going to China, just Caulkins sub-heading.

Guest neesy111

Yes.

Ok, so the article where there is not one quote from Rafa saying he is going to China, just Caulkins sub-heading.

In the 2nd part of the interview.

Yes.