Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

And there it is!

considering where and who he's currently working for he's in no position to comment.

Some funny comments in there. The hairy handed werewolf deserves all he gets.

Plot twist when Rafa gives Keys his first interview as the new FC ?? manager. He shows up, they look at one another, start laughing and hug like old pals.

"I didn't screw toons. Toons screwed toons." he says.

And there it is!

Jog on Chimp mitts

The comments though:

‘You'll find it if you go north of your cancer stricken wife and then a hard left into your daughters best mates fanny... Take te second exit at the hairy hand and your there 👍🏼

:lol:

I'm as big a Rafa fan as anyone. Not just the coach and the work ethic, but the genuinely lovely human side he expresses to fans and the public. I do believe he truly wants a resurrection project and thought he could convince Mikey Flappy-Denim of the potential NUFC holds, and the financial sense of maximizing it. He simply underestimated the sheer stubbornness/short-termism/grudge-bearing ability of Mr. Zero Hour. I honestly do not believe that "man" has never forgiven the fans for "turning" on him so he can't get pissed and eat pies in the seats with the "regular" folks, rather than the Director's box.

I think the China detour is something to occupy Rafa's time/fatten his bank account so he can consider an even broader range of potential projects as a close-to-family exclamation point to his career. One for which he'll get buy-in to his plan before signing on the dotted. I don't fault Rafa for his detour, and would be very interested to see the contract he's signed with DS, particularly what "outs" it provides him.

We all know there are plenty of sleeping giant/perpetually-mismanaged Championship sides that, with the right visionary owner and Rafa and his staff, could climb to the mighty heights of 7th-10th in the Premier League. Especially since they'd cost a fuck of a lot less than 350M quid. Forest? Leeds? A Sheffield? Southampton? Blackburn? Hell, PNE if he wants to truly resurrect a ghost (sorry, currently reading Wilson's "Inverting the Pyramid"). Dare I suggest, that with new ownership, it might even be us.