Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest reefatoon

Crumpy is right about the home form mind. It is fucking garbage and needs sorting. You should never feel more comfortable when playing away than at home.

Rafa out. f***ing utter rubbish.

To think that poor Neesy was nominated for Worst Football Poster ahead of this relentless mong lord.

The truth.....sometimes hurts. Nothing there today on the back of Brighton. f***ing rubbish.

*Stoke

And you're talking bollocks as always.

So, lost 5 and drew 2 of last 7 home games!

2 out of 21 points. That Is f***ing rubbish. TBF we never even looked like getting anything v Brighton or Swansea today.

Boring negative s***.

Name his replacement or keep quiet you boring old windbag.

Crumpy is right about the home form mind. It is f***ing garbage and needs sorting. You should never feel more comfortable when playing away than at home.

The home form is disgraceful especially when you consider there is only Man City who were a top team all of the other games were certainly what I would class as winnable games. And 2 points out of 21 is not good enough. The fact that there is probably no signings of the required standard to come in it’s essential we beat the teams which you would think we should especially at home.

Crumpy is right about the home form mind. It is f***ing garbage and needs sorting. You should never feel more comfortable when playing away than at home.

The home form is disgraceful especially when you consider there is only Man City who were a top team all of the other games were certainly what I would class as winnable games. And 2 points out of 21 is not good enough. The fact that there is probably no signings of the required standard to come in it’s essential we beat the teams which you would think we should especially at home.

Rafa obviously doesn't trust this group of players to open up and frankly I think he's spot on.

Rafa obviously doesn't trust this group of players to open up and frankly I think he's spot on.

Maybe he doesn’t but then again it doesn’t hide the fact that 2 points out of 21 is not good enough

Guest reefatoon

We had the best team/squad last season by a country mile, yet our home form was still really patchy and there were an awful lot of games that were massively unconvincing. Our style works away but it is not a style to play at home. Doesn’t feel spot on to me at all.

Maybe he doesn’t but then again it doesn’t hide the fact that 2 points out of 21 is not good enough

It's not good enough, but then again, neither are the players.

He's playing the margins but the shite he has available to him are missing key chances at key points in games.

I don't know what you want, we probably have the poorest squad in the division, if we go at teams at home they'll pick us to bits.

We had the best team/squad last season by a country mile, yet our home form was still really patchy and there were an awful lot of games that were massively unconvincing. Our style works away but it is not a style to play at home. Doesn’t feel spit on to me at all.

I think that's fair about last season but really the same problems persist. He needs quality at #9 & #10 and we don't have it. We were ok when Gayle was fit last year but still struggled to create.

He's playing the margins but the s**** he has available to him are missing key chances at key points in games.

I don't know what you want, we probably have the poorest squad in the division, if we go at teams at home they'll pick us to bits.

Almost certainly.

Somebody like a Demba Ba in this side, and we would have been just about safe by now in my opinion.

He's playing the margins but the s**** he has available to him are missing key chances at key points in games.

Almost certainly.

Somebody like a Demba Ba in this side, and we would have been just about safe by now in my opinion.

Absolutely. Today is a perfect example of our problems. He's got a load of poor/average players working a system and we created enough chances to win the game in the first half. Striker didn't score any of them because he's not good enough at this level and Rafa knows it.

That's a cop out statement. Our opponents today were rank yet we let them dictate the game through that second half without even trying to compete till we conceded. Now I know someone's going to say "Swansea actually have a good team because blah blah plays for them" but I don't agree. We had the better team today, at home and yet second half we played like a team that wanted 1 point more than 3.

It's not good enough, but then again, neither are the players.

They were good enough to beat Brighton at home last year though. The teams we have played in the last 7 games to only have 2 points is disgraceful.

Almost certainly.

Absolutely. Today is a perfect example of our problems. He's got a load of poor/average players working a system and we created enough chances to win the game in the first half. Striker didn't score any of them because he's not good enough at this level and Rafa knows it.

I’ve got every sympathy with the lack of funding but the team was built last year with the sole purpose of getting promoted and I again compare that to Keegan who added players with the intention winning the league but also players he knew could make the step up. Maybe Rafa thought some of the players he bought would but surely with Ashley’s track record he wasn’t expecting another team to be bought

Almost certainly.

I’ve got every sympathy with the lack of funding but the team was built last year with the sole purpose of getting promoted and I again compare that to Keegan who added players with the intention winning the league but also players he knew could make the step up. Maybe Rafa thought some of the players he bought would but surely with Ashley’s track record he wasn’t expecting another team to be bought

A lot easier to do 25 odd years ago, the market was very different and you may recall Rafa tried to bring in Premier League ready players last January but Mike Ashley blocked them.

Almost certainly.

A lot easier to do 25 odd years ago, the market was very different and you may recall Rafa tried to bring in Premier League ready players last January but Mike Ashley blocked them.

:thup:

Rafa presumably understood he was in control of transfers as we all did.

Almost certainly.

And once again you are making an absurd comparison of two teams separated by 25 fucking years. Seriously.

Almost certainly.

So you think the likes of Andy Cole, Beresford, Bracewell, Venison and Beresford wouldn’t have made it now - really? As for the Premier League ready players the one example is the Fulham player Cairney who be all accounts has been pretty poor this year. He’s not a god although some of you go on like he is. He has a very difficult job due to a hideous fat cunt running the club we all know that but at times his team selection and tactics have been very questionable. Hopefully he gets the backing and goes onto great things. But for people saying getting 2 points out of 21 is purely down to the players and nothing to do with tactics or team selection is just crap.

Almost certainly.

So you think the likes of Andy Cole, Beresford, Bracewell, Venison and Beresford wouldn’t have made it now - really?

No not at all, I said the market was different. We'd be looking at around £20m for Andy Cole for example after a decent season at Bristol City.

When did we last spend £20m? Oh wait.

Almost certainly.

And once again you are making an absurd comparison of two teams separated by 25 f***ing years. Seriously.

How’s it absurd, the two managers were new in the job one having just escaped relegation to division three. Both had to build teams to get promoted and then both had to manage those teams the following season with minimal investment. Keegan had to lie to John Hall to get him to sign Beardsley. The only difference is that there is more money available now within the game.