Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Wish he’d send a team out and tell them to fly into the opposition. I know it goes against everything he is and stands for but it’s so frustrating and it happens far too often, especially at home, it’s too defensive, negative and conservative and it virtually negates having home advantage in the first fucking place. 3 home wins is dreadful given it’s the middle of January. Another 2 points dropped which piles even more pressure on the away fixtures. Yay.

As long as we’re above 18th the man is working miracles. That team is f***ing s****. Anyone who thinks this squad is good enough for the premier league is deluded. They are woeful man and a bunch of bottlers too who can’t handle playing in front of big crowds like SJP hence our god awful home form.

Working miracles is being dramatic, they're are loads of average sides in the league including us.

As long as we’re above 18th the man is working miracles. That team is f***ing s****. Anyone who thinks this squad is good enough for the premier league is deluded. They are woeful man and a bunch of bottlers too who can’t handle playing in front of big crowds like SJP hence our god awful home form.

Working miracles is being dramatic, they're are loads of average sides in the league including us.

I wish we were average!

Wish he’d send a team out and tell them to fly into the opposition. I know it goes against everything he is and stands for but it’s so frustrating and it happens far too often, especially at home, it’s too defensive, negative and conservative and it virtually negates having home advantage in the first f***ing place. 3 home wins is dreadful given it’s the middle of January. Another 2 points dropped which piles even more pressure on the away fixtures. Yay.

We created more than enough chances in the first half for the game to have been put to bed though. Agree that the second half was poor but there was not much wrong with our initial approach imo.

Wish he’d send a team out and tell them to fly into the opposition. I know it goes against everything he is and stands for but it’s so frustrating and it happens far too often, especially at home, it’s too defensive, negative and conservative and it virtually negates having home advantage in the first f***ing place. 3 home wins is dreadful given it’s the middle of January. Another 2 points dropped which piles even more pressure on the away fixtures. Yay.

We created more than enough chances in the first half for the game to have been put to bed though. Agree that the second half was poor but there was not much wrong with our initial approach imo.

I was meaning after we equalised and had the initiative but failed to drive it home really. :thup:

I was meaning after we equalised and had the initiative but failed to drive it home really. :thup:

Criminal - surely it's worth the gamble to try and win an extra two points and risk losing one? Especially against a team as poor as Swansea.

Agreed. Needs to answer questions about the lack of urgency after equalising though.

They had players to bring on and try and win it, we didn't. Don't think we sat back so much as we were pushed back, another 10 minutes and we would've lost imo.

Rafa is trying to keep a Championship team in the Premier League, think we would be sunk already without him.

Guest neesy111

They had players to bring on and try and win it, we didn't. Don't think we sat back so much as we were pushed back, another 10 minutes and we would've lost imo.

Rafa is trying to keep a Championship team in the Premier League, think we would be sunk already without him.

Swansea's match squad was worse than ours tbh.

Unless he wasn't fit to play a part, Murphy should have been given time to drive at them. To not even use our final sub suggests we were happy with the point.

He literally had a winger who won us our last game sitting on the bench man. I know people like to defend him at all costs but this is just wrong.

Well what would have changed since yesterday afternoon? There was a home match on.

Charnley probably had to set the tables in hospitality in the evening and cook everything overnight. And those programmes don't distribute themselves.

Guest neesy111

Well what would have changed since yesterday afternoon? There was a home match on.

Charnley probably had to set the tables in hospitality in the evening and cook everything overnight.

Exactly.  Unless Mike Ashley has banged his head badly nothing is going to change.

Prepare to be shocked:

Playing the bottom team nearly 2 weeks into this window, and not to have even tried to sign anyone in time for this match is fucking disgraceful. We could have almost guaranteed Swansea would have finished below us today if this fucking owner behaved like a normal human being.

I’ve said for weeks that our home tactics are woeful. Swansea are comfortably the worst side I’ve seen up here this season. They sat of us and regardless of our own deficiencies we should have had enough to have put that game to

bed by half time. Our home form will get us into big trouble. I can’t stress how bad Swansea were