Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't think it's about the money for Rafa anyway.  He's a man of principles and honour and he'll at least see out his contract no matter what.

Rafa walking would be viewed as failure in his own mind imo. He'll only want to go having done the best he can do and kept us up again.

It is pretty amazing if it is in fact true that Rafa signed a contract with such a severe penalty clause inserted if he decided to leave before the three year deal was up, especially knowing he was going to be working for a cunt as big as Ashley.

It's worth remembering when he signed it though.

It is pretty amazing if it is in fact true that Rafa signed a contract with such a severe penalty clause inserted if he decided to leave before the three year deal was up, especially knowing he was going to be working for a cunt as big as Ashley.

Unlike Pardew and the other cunts, he actually realises and believes in what this club could be with even just the clubs own money being reinvested in itself. 

Shame FMA is such a cunt.

I'm saying it shouldn't have been in there in the first place

Well maybe you're right, but that's slightly irrelevant now. :lol:

Assuming it is there, which it is widely believed to be from reputable sources, should Rafa see out his contact or walk away now?

Nobody in their right mind would walkand have to pay 5 million for the pleasure especially when he can walk for nothing in the Summer. He could do a Keegan and go for constructve dismissal but I think he does want to see his contract out for the team and the support. When he does go maybe he will then come out full guns blazing. Ashley is the problem and I just don't see hm leaving anytime soon especially with the apathetic support we have in the main. Maybe this will change when Rafa does go we will see I'm not convinced it will.

Is it a two way clause? I may have gotten it round the wrong way but I could've sworn there was an amount along those lines paid to him if Ashley gave him the boot?

The idea Rafa leaving would ramp up the protests. :lol: He's the man that's galvanised the support into doing something in the first place. The longer he's here the more fans will care about shifting Ashley. When he walks away I'm fairly confident any protests will reduce rather than increase tbh.

Is it a two way clause? I may have gotten it round the wrong way but I could've sworn there was an amount along those lines paid to him if Ashley gave him the boot?

The idea Rafa leaving would ramp up the protests. :lol: He's the man that's galvanised the support into doing something in the first place. The longer he's here the more fans will care about shifting Ashley. When he walks away I'm fairly confident any protests will reduce rather than increase tbh.

Aye. If for argument's sake he walked away now there'd probably be a week or so of ramped up protests before them dying down. Wanting someone fighting our corner inside the club to leave because protests might get more intense is outrageous imo.

It's not that amazing, it was a three year contract at a club he wanted to manage. At worst if it didn't work out he can leave after three years, it's not like he locked himself in for a lifetime. Some of the points being raised are a bit daft.

Yeah I agree as long as the fans doing there part involve constant anti Ashley chants inside the ground too

I think supporting the team for the most part then chanting about Ashley for the last 5/10minutes at every game is the way to go at the moment. Protest at every home game in some form and the occasional away game too and constantly do it online and via the media. Then as the transfer window closes after January we start turning the screw more, and more.

I think the time to turn would be post January surely, if the club don't tie him down to a new contract (which they obviously won't) then burn it all down as it won't matter anyway.

:thup:

He genuinely loves the club, the city and us fans just as much if not more than Liverpool. He's desperate to stay because just as the article says he's unlikely to get this level of adulation anywhere else. But he wants assurances, obviously putting the ball in Ashley's court one last time and he'll make his final decision after.

Is a clause like this normal for managers? I cant say I've heard of it very often. Mind you very few managers actually walk out of clubs (apart from Pardew from us), they get sacked instead.

It would be a standard release clause - if someone comes in for the manager, there is a fixed compensation fee. We're only talking about Rafa paying it because he would have to release himself if he walked, whereas normally the incoming club would pay.

I'm reasonably sure Pardew had a fee in his eight yer contract (which was given to him when there ws talk of England). Ashley twigged to the idea that he could "sell" managers under certain circumstances.

Stating the obvious, but its uncanny how you would struggle to get two men who are more polar opposites of each other than Rafa and Ashley. One full of honesty, loyalty and integrity, whose only goal is to win...the other full of dishonesty, dishonor and disgrace, whose only motivation is greed.

Stating the obvious, but its uncanny how you would struggle to get two men who are more polar opposites of each other than Rafa and Ashley. One full of honesty, loyalty and integrity, whose only goal is to win...the other full of dishonesty, dishonor and disgrace, whose only motivation is greed.

And it seems we live in a world where the latter is normalised, even defended. And the former is laughed at, ridiculed.

Neil Custis absolutely nailing it on Sunday Supplement about Rafa and Ashley

Yep. Could tell he was getting really riled by the bullshit in the media regarding our 'unrealistic expectations' and all that rubbish.

Shame about the paper he works for mind.

He genuinely loves the club, the city and us fans just as much if not more than Liverpool. He's desperate to stay because just as the article says he's unlikely to get this level of adulation anywhere else. But he wants assurances, obviously putting the ball in Ashley's court one last time and he'll make his final decision after.

That's all well and good but what if he signs a new contract then nothing changes still. He is here for a couple more years of early cup exits and poor transfer windows. What if he just puts up with it for the audalation and good wages.

He could sign contract after contract basically just in the hope that Ashley will sell it one day and he is here for when it happens. We could potentially have another few seasons of this current state of play. That's what I reckon will happen. He is going nowhere and will stay in the hope Ashley sells soon but it won't happen

Neil Custis absolutely nailing it on Sunday Supplement about Rafa and Ashley

He's off the list. Sure I read a book that said he did a horrendous article about us years ago

That's enough evidence for me. Fuck man, you're not even 100% that you read the book.