Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Crumpy will be along later with the tactics truck and a demonstration on how to park a bus properly.

Lose. Ashley's is a c***.

Win, Rafa is God.

Rafa had the best job in football. Not one person questions what he does. Gets paid more than enough to outweigh his football morals.

You just don’t get it do you, don’t go to the dark side.

What don't I get?

Exactly  :lol:, now go jump under a bus

That doesn't tell me what I'm not getting does it?

It's been explained to you time and time again and you know it. Most are at the point of just wanting you to fuck off and you know know it. You have a minority opinion based on absolute stupidity and only bother to post when we lose. You're an idiot, a coward, and a completely boring one at that. Merry Christmas.

This is what I wanted to say, please take the hint.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah, it's been years of it man.

Aye who gives a fuck. It's not :lol: worthy in the slightest. Irrelevant of what he does IRL, the guy offers absolutely nowt to this place.

Crumpy doesn’t bother me because I know he’s a canny bloke and I’m sure he’s not entirely 100% serious.

It’s a free country as they say so he’s entitled to his opinions and it’s not as if he’s fucking offensive in any way.

The Gunt!

Rafa makes individual errors and you can argue that he's needlessly negative from time to time; but he doesn't do anything which jeopardises the overall target - which is ensuring a very poor squad finishes above the relegation zone. Overall it's no fun and, in sporting terms, it's a pointless existence - but it's not his fault that all he can achieve is finishing as far away from the drop as possible.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye who gives a f***. It's not :lol: worthy in the slightest. Irrelevant of what he does IRL, the guy offers absolutely nowt to this place.

Crumpy doesn’t bother me because I know he’s a canny bloke and I’m sure he’s not entirely 100% serious.

It’s a free country as they say so he’s entitled to his opinions and it’s not as if he’s f***ing offensive in any way.

The Gunt!

To you maybe. Personally I'd rather be called a cunt than have to read relentless, obvious WUMery for years on end.

Aye who gives a fuck. It's not :lol: worthy in the slightest. Irrelevant of what he does IRL, the guy offers absolutely nowt to this place.

It’s a free country as they say so he’s entitled to his opinions and it’s not as if he’s fucking offensive in any way.

The Gunt!

Never noticed him, but has been a prize dick today

Just a matter of when he leaves now. For me it's weeks, rather than months. NUFC is a busted flush and deserves to crash and burn.

:snod:

Aye who gives a f***. It's not :lol: worthy in the slightest. Irrelevant of what he does IRL, the guy offers absolutely nowt to this place.

It’s a free country as they say so he’s entitled to his opinions and it’s not as if he’s f***ing offensive in any way.

The Gunt!

To you maybe. Personally I'd rather be called a cunt than have to read relentless, obvious WUMery for years on end.

Years and years and years and years

Guest Howaythetoon

Just a matter of when he leaves now. For me it's weeks, rather than months. NUFC is a busted flush and deserves to crash and burn.

He is too loyal to leave now, he will stay until the end of the season and leave us still in the division. I do hope he finds a club worthy of his talent and humanity, he’s a top top man and a great manager.

I'm not so sure now, HTT. He will know by now that Ashley's going to fuck him over again. He doesn't have the patience of a saint and it's only a matter of time before more of the sheep at St James turn him him (instead of the owner) Just need to look on FB to see that, tonight,

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not so sure now, HTT. He will know by now that Ashley's going to fuck him over again. He doesn't have the patience of a saint and it's only a matter of time before more of the sheep at St James turn him him (instead of the owner) Just need to look on FB to see that, tonight,

I wouldn’t read too much into social media commentary, match day going fans won’t turn, every game his name is sung the loudest and longest.

Again I think he’ll stay until the end of the season and keep trying to find a way which I have every confidence in him doing to keep us up, and if he doesn’t, well, he’s not God.

Personally I wish he would walk away and everything crashes and burns. For me he is NUFC right now, I probably care more about him than the fortunes of the team and don’t want another relegation on his CV or want to see him say enough is enough because I know that would kill him as much as it kills me to see our club in such a state it is under Ashley.

I still think if the takeover is fake news then Rafa will serve us better by walking off into the sunset with a big fuck you to Ashley.

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s not a snow flake man, I’ve read they were booed off against Fulham, but also read it was directed at the ref and during the game the support for the team was decent enough. If he was going to walk he would have walked in the summer. He will have his say via the media and I can see him going on the attack much more strongly regarding Ashley as January closes to end if we don’t strengthen sufficiently, but he’ll remain calm and calculated equally.

Sadly for us, this is the end of the road for Rafa and NUFC. He’ll keep us up just and leave having done all he can. I can’t say I’ll be grateful for his work here because it will be tainted by my growing hatred of all things NUFC, his work becoming a meaningless acheivement. I will be grateful for his humanity, passion, communication and his dedication doing everything in his power to improve all areas of the club.

If he were to leave tomorrow, I’d be relieved, kind of like putting me out of my misery. Until then I back the man and will continue to appreciate him.

Again I hope his next club is deserving of his talents and he goes onto be successful at that club because he’s a top fucking bloke and great manager. He’s done a great job here and if he keeps us up again, it will go down as his greatest achievement, for me anyway.

I feel dirty thinking about the times I’ve been critical, doubted him and even at one point pondered whether someone else could do a better job.

Just sell up Ashley man so Rafa can set about giving us a club and team we can believe in and watch compete in an environment where he at least certainly belongs. Fucking Pardew got better players and McClaren more to spend and they don’t belong anywhere near Rafa who stands in the same dugout they once stood. Fucking criminal!

I'm sick of having to defend him against Twitter idiots, Ashley doesn't pick the team, Ashley doesn't make the subs, Ashley doesn't make us play defensive, Pardew and McClaren would have been vilified for playing how Rafa plays. We all know the answers to these statements but some idiots can see past the end of their noses it's fucking infuriating. I don't know why I do it to myself but I can't just scroll past an idiot who might make another idiot see his point of view. If Rafa had Pardew or McClarens players we wouldn't be in this mess, I had to point out that Pardews much better team also got stuffed 6-0 by a weaker Liverpool for "having a go". It's all just so very sad, sad and embarrassing, watching a once proud club that stood toe to toe with the Likes of Liverpool struggle to look Fulham and Brighton in the eye. Nothing against those teams but we could and should be much better with the tools at our disposal, were it not for the tools in charge.

Even with Rafa in charge, the looming inevitability of the decline one he goes makes it very hard to hold on to anything anymore, if we're not getting bought (we're not) then I just want Rafa to go and this nightmare to be over, burn it to the ground and put Ashley on top of the fucking bonfire, I hope his world collapses and his retail "empire" of tat comes falling down around him, the gutter is too good for him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Twitter is a terrifying realisation of how stupid many people are, tbh (at least where NUFC is concerned).

I’ve learned social media in general is full of idiotic views and thus I shut myself off from it all be it football, politics or anything else really. As critical of the home fans as I am, by large they’ve been probably too supportive in terms of putting up with such a shit fest over the last few years. That’s down to Rafa right now, anyone else wouldn’t get away with it, that’s why Ashley gets let off the hook as well, because of Rafa.

I don’t know if these social media accounts are trolls or just plain old stupid idiots or both, but again I wouldn’t give them too much thought regarding their views. The most sensible and most knowledgeable platform of fan opinion can be found on here and thankfully so.

I would hazard a guess the majority on Facebook etc. dont even go to the match so their views are more so dictated by scorelines, results, league position and whatever narative is being pushed via such platforms by the majority. If we were winning there wouldn’t be a peep for example.

Rafa knows we know and he knows he has the backing of the City, a few final whistle boos or not or the jeering of a player coming off or not or some social media nonsense can’t dislodge that knowing. And even then he’s thick skinned and experienced enough to no let any of that get in the way of the job at hand.

Just look at his time at Chelsea for proof.

I still think if the takeover is fake news then Rafa will serve us better by walking off into the sunset with a big f*** you to Ashley.

ay fuck off rafa

Your posting history has nothing good to say ever

Rafa's hands are massively tied by an owner who is trousering all the money the club gets from tv which only allows us to pick up low end or loan players.  Ashely has no intention of trying to improve the club's status which has been in full reverse since he took over.

Anyone wanting Rafa sacked and then expect this team to dramatically improve needs their head looking at.  Ashley's choice of managers has been a disaster over the years.

Good luck with another washed up scrap heap loser of a manager.

I think he'll go in the next few weeks

Unfortunately this may be true. Possibly sacked even. There's no end to Ashley's malevolence and determination to destroy everything he touches.

think we will sign nobody of any real significance in the window- Rafa will plod on and possibly just about keep us up and will walk away- to be replaced by a run of the mill old school journeyman of a manager- and 50000 will lap it up.

I think he'll go in the next few weeks

Unfortunately this may be true. Possibly sacked even. There's no end to Ashley's malevolence and determination to destroy everything he touches.

I can't help but think Ashley probably has as much to pay out for sacking him as Rafa reportedly has if he quits. No basis for it, just a hunch.

Either way, I'm confident they're stuck with each other to the end of the season. At least when Rafa is gone I know there's absolutely no point in caring about this club for the foreseeable.