Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Has he had complete memory loss? Staggering how he still thinks he is going to get what he wants after the shafting he has had last 2 summers. Sounds like he is going to just change the goal from top 10 to staying up for Ashley and just carry on

Sounds like he should walk iyam.

Ashley has few options besides Rafa. Who could he possibly attract after how well publicised his shafting of a world class manager has been?

Certainly no manager with integrity.

When you remove integrity that opens up Allardyce shaped possibilities. It’s unbearable to contemplate.

The wrath would be like nothing we’ve seen before from our supporters. Ashley is vindictive enough to do it but he’s not got the backbone to see that one through.

So by saying nothing and leaving the option for resolution still on the table, Rafa is playing a blinder. We know he doesn’t want to go. But he will unless something radical changes. The closer to the summer it gets the reality will become apparent to those at the club and it will spook them.

He’s in the driving seat now. He should probably have someone different negotiate his contract though, as he got shafted the last time.

At a minimum though the conditions would have to be:

Investment in the training ground.

Minimum 70 million every summer for transfers (not including income from sales).

Setting the academy up how he wants it.

If any of these are interfered with or reneged on, he walks. Breach of contract.

I think he could live with that. Maybe by end of season Ashley might too.

Make no mistake, if he’s not happy with the terms (if any are offered) then he’ll be off. But not before he lets the media know why.

Has he had complete memory loss? Staggering how he still thinks he is going to get what he wants after the shafting he has had last 2 summers. Sounds like he is going to just change the goal from top 10 to staying up for Ashley and just carry on

Sounds like he should walk iyam.

I never said that. So I'm not allowed to comment about anything in this thread then? Him banging on about seeing what happens in January man, every man and his dog knows he's getting shafted again so why is he coming out with this bollocks.

Yes with proper backing he was the man and he would have taken us back into Europe and cup runs if he had the squad.

But with no investment he isn't some messiah or saviour figure anymore, he's just hanging around here as it's the best job he will get in England and will even be happy to adjust his plans to to just stay up and dish up more early cup exits.

Other managers would be slaughtered for that but he has people blind to it, keeping the heat off Ashley and making out he is bigger than the club. It's ridiculous. It's at the point now he's a hindrance to the clubs future as the majority won't utter a bad word about the rotten club while he is here.

The wrath  :lol: would be a week of kicking off then 50,000 in silence the next home game. Spook them  :lol: they are well aware he could leave In May but they don't care less man.

They are just using him for a couple of years of keeping them on the pl gravy train then they will find someone else next season if needs be, they will be happy to gamble again next season and if they go down they will just fund promotion again.

As Odin said above no manager with integrity would work under Ashley! He's only here apparently for his money, yet gets worshipped on here somehow.

I guess I just see any manager we have under Ashley as an extension of the fat cunt.

Perhaps he cares about leaving the club in a stable way if he must and ‘getting his deposit back’ in terms of his CV and having kept NUFC in the big time. Integrity can be dissected among many lines - you’ve just drawn it across - he’s playing under Ashley therefore complicit. All those quotes are evidence of ideas that support and angry yet level headed approach many are taking to protest. If he just left, there implications for him, his staff, his family, his players, NUFCs stability (lol) and though I d respect him for it on a relatable level it’d be a similarly gauged reaction to those who say ‘well that won’t work, do a boycott that’ll work’ it just doesn’t cover all the angles.

What's wrong about what I posted then?

Results, premier league, Rafa Benitez and the rest all are pointless at this point getting Ashley out is the only thing that matters yet people don't seek to grasp that. There is nothing to support or get behind. If the stadium was empty and there was mass trouble and protests every home game maybe it would work but people are too selfish to try

A win today and most will be appeased again. We need a good hammering to ramp it up a notch further, short term pain for long term gain.

He’s only here for money? Extension of ashley now?

He is only here for money though as if it wasn't for the 6m clause he would have walked? If not then it's even worse as he's putting up with this shit and serving up early cup exits like the other wet lettuces before him

If he's leaving in may anyway and when he goes everyone goes and it all comes crashing down then what's the point in all this now? As I genuinely can't see it or feel zero for it as much as I've really tried. As I said I've gone from doing aways last season to wanting us to lose now. It's like trying to do up a car as it's speeding off the edge of a cliff. Pointless

The only thing that can be done is to stop going and mass protests but people just will not do it they would rather bury there head in the sand and hope we can park the bus for a point at Crystal Palace.

Minging club and fanbase now it really is

Clearly he's using the current mood to put further pressure on Ashley AND his cronies. He's not stupid, he knows all too well what happens in January he just wants everyone to know that he is in no way complicit and has laid his plans out in full detail again, it's called diplomacy but seems to be wasted on Tubes.

He has integrity, he has respect for the fans and his players, whom he bought, why would he abandon them? It's not in his nature to reneg on his promises or to fuck over a whole fan base, city and his players just to make a point to the few that are trying to destroy a club he has grown to love.

If he stays beyond the end of the season it'll be because he wants what's best for us and is hoping that someone will buy Ashley out and give him some tools to progress.

As for your point about him stopping any kind of ill feeling towards Ashley, you're very much mistaken, the biggest challenge to Ashley's tenure has come under our most stability, Rafa has given us all hope again, Rafa has shown us that we can compete, we can hope for more than survival, Ashley spent years extinguishing that hope with the help of Pardew, Carver et al. They got rinsed for being implicit because they were, they told us we couldn't compete, they told us we were a little club now, not a sovereign state. Rafa tells us we can compete, we have got the ability to aim higher and we can beat anyone on our day. Saying Rafa is like any of those is a fucking insult, give your head a shake!

Thing is tubes, rightly or wrongly you’ve forsaken the football side of things. You’re obsessed with the off field - as am I. It’s clouding your judgement though. He’s no stooge, patsy or wet lettuce. I think we’ve just forgotten what professionals look like at this club. Watching the bobby doc on the plane a few hours ago. Was a good insight into the media, manage, club politics triumvate and Rafa treads it competently.

Thing is tubes, rightly or wrongly you’ve forsaken the football side of things. You’re obsessed with the off field - as am I. It’s clouding your judgement though. He’s no stooge, patsy or wet lettuce. I think we’ve just forgotten what professionals look like at this club. Watching the bobby doc on the plane a few hours ago. Was a good insight into the media, manage, club politics triumvate and Rafa treads it competently.

Possibly yes. I am just obsessed with getting Ashley out I can't look past anything else, the football side of is totally irrelevant too me now, I really wish it wasn't as I loved it and I would go to as many matches home and away as I could. Saturdays feels empty not been obsessed in NUFC