Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest godzilla

If he stays he's either gullible or is less bothered about the need for a project than he actually says.

Yeah probably agree here. There is no way he stays after what he has said about the project and investment. Ashley is not going to provide that so unless what he was saying is a load of shit, he will be gone end of season.

I dunno, I just get a feeling that he might stay now. Ashley taking the club off for sale might be a signal that he'll release more money like he did that season under McLaren. There's talk that he wants to go back down the route of signing only 25yr old and under, but I don't think Rafa will be that bothered as long as he's given some decent funds to buy younger players. I can see a compromise where Ashley agrees to invest in the academy and training facilities.

I can see him staying, but for family reasons rather than Ashley giving him everything he wants. Signing players only under 25 years old is going to be a problem for Benitez he loves to have experience in the team so there needs to be flexibility from the club.

Think after the “news” of Ashley taking the club off the market that he’ll be off at the first available opportunity. Love for fans and the city can only go so far when you’re not getting your own way when it comes to transfers.

Just out of curiosity, but how many managers in the best leagues in Europe have complete control over transfers?

If he stays he's either gullible or is less bothered about the need for a project than he actually says.

Or Ashley could offer some sort of compromise which would be acceptable to Rafa, such as those I mentioned and a bigger transfer budget. I think the signing of Almiron might have an impact so the situation has changed in his favour. I think earlier in the season Ashley would have been quite happy to see the back of Rafa, but with the performance of his signings this season he will probably have had a change of heart.

Or Ashley could offer some sort of compromise which would be acceptable to Rafa, such as those I mentioned and a bigger transfer budget. I think the signing of Almiron might have an impact so the situation has changed in his favour. I think earlier in the season Ashley would have been quite happy to see the back of Rafa, but with the performance of his signings this season he will probably have had a change of heart.

:lol:

People will never learn.

Whatever Ashley offers Rafa now to appease him, he will go back on.

:lol:

People will never learn.

Whatever Ashley offers Rafa now to appease him, he will go back on.

He'll find some way to keep the spending down for sure, for example a £50m budget will probably include wages, agents fees, bus fares etc, that's not what I'm saying. The change of heart would be in wanting to keep Rafa at all for the reasons I mentioned. He probably wanted shot of Rafa in November, right now Rafa is holding a better hand. I think money matters a lot to Ashley, and Benitez has added a lot of value to the club over the last 12 months.

Benitez needs to leave for his own sake.

He is absolutely wasting his time under Mike Ashley and if we're not willing to go the extra mile to get rid of the cunt, then I dont see why Benitez should waste the twilight of his career on us.

why are these the only 2 options, and what is it you've seen in the last 3 years from rafa that leads you to believe on any level he could be considered gullible?

situations are more complex than we see on pre-match interview snippets or whatever shite the papers write, if he stays it could be for a multitude of reasons

why are these the only 2 options, and what is it you've seen in the last 3 years from rafa that leads you to believe on any level he could be considered gullible?

situations are more complex than we see on pre-match interview snippets or whatever shite the papers write, if he stays it could be for a multitude of reasons

The fact that he has been here those three years?

I think he'll stay but it's the hope that kills. We ain't getting rid of Ashley and it's been said a million times but if only the twat decides to speculate to accumulate ffs the future would be so much brighter it's almost painful to consider.

I’m not sure I really want him to stay under Ashley TBH. Better to start the decline now so we can eventually come back under a new owner.

On the other hand, Ashley might be here for life anyway so it’s better to at least enjoy a couple of seasons.

It’s a hard one :lol:

if he does leave and announces it before the end of the season, that final home game against Liverpool would be massive and a rollercoaster of emotions.

hope martin tyler would be crying by the end of the game too.

"Almiron..hanging on for man of the match..Almiron..Perez..Almiron..still Miguel Almiron...Joselu closing iiiinnnn!!!! newcastle lead in stoppage time! "(klopp goes bananas in the dugout)

Guest godzilla

So assumimg Ashley stays, do people want Rafa to stay or go next season?

Doesn't matter the big problem is Ashley and until he goes this club will always be second rate. You could get Guardiola in and there would still be no real change as Ashley does not provide the resources to improve either the team or the club.

For what it's worth IMHP there is not a cats hell chance Rafa stays with Ashley still in charge.

I want Rafa to stay only to see what sort of side he can build here, he's not that far away from producing a pretty decent Premier side. But obviously he needs to be backed, if he feels he hasn't got it then he will leave and I would back him 100%.

Guest covmag

Assuming Ashley stays? Of course he is, please get used to him for many a year.

Yes I’d like Rafa to stay but not if he gets the piss taken out of him again, he needs another 20m player in the summer and that’s on top of forking out for a Rondon, or similar, just to stand still.

This is Ashley’s problem, to just stand still costs 50m in truth, we will never get back to top 6/7 without huge investment, money he in truth hasn’t got.

With Ashley it will always now be a relegation fight first, his lack of sustained investment has seen to that and with that in mind I don’t want anyone else other than Rafa in charge, his ambitions are higher than that so I can’t see him looking forward to that prospect.

That said where will he go to in England after us?

Carton House has just been booked for the teams training camp again this summer.

Looks like he’s making plans for if he stays? Very hard situation to read. Unless someone else at the club is deciding these things?