Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I've the feeling that at this point in his career, Rafa is more keen on building a squad rather than walking into something already made.  I certainly don't think he would be interested in a stress factory like Chelsea and I'm not all that sure he'd even like to manage in London.  I really think that Newcastle is the apple of his eye and even a cunt like Ashley may not be able to drive him off.

I've the feeling that at this point in his career, Rafa is more keen on building a squad rather than walking into something already made.  I certainly don't think he would be interested in a stress factory like Chelsea and I'm not all that sure he'd even like to manage in London.  I really think that Newcastle is the apple of his eye and even a cunt like Ashley may not be able to drive him off.

think we all accept this as truth but there's only so much piss taking a person with any integrity can take before they snap :dontknow:

The last 2 weeks has changed the whole feel around the club, you can tell on here, not so much anti Ashley as say 4 weeks ago.

He looked nailed on to go, I’m now not so sure.

The last 2 weeks has changed the whole feel around the club, you can tell on here, not so much anti Ashley as say 4 weeks ago.

Don't worry Mike will piss him off before the season ends.

Don't worry Mike will piss him off before the season ends.

Is that fat cunt still going to the games? Was he noticed on Saturday?

If only Ashley would look at the impact a player like Almiron has in the place a think, "actually, it's not that difficult to spend money and see a return."

Nobody is asking for man city funding, just sensible, progressive transfers. I'm more than happy to see the scouting success of Schar, Dubravka and Lejeune, without a huge outlay but you have got put a bit extra in every now and then if you want to go forward.

If only Ashley would look at the impact a player like Almiron has in the place a think, "actually, it's not that difficult to spend money and see a return."

Nobody is asking for man city funding, just sensible, progressive transfers. I'm more than happy to see the scouting success of Schar, Dubravka and Lejeune, without a huge outlay but you have got put a bit extra in every now and then if you want to go forward.

He's suffers from cognitive dissonance unfortunately - anything counter MASH practices is 'expectations' and 'sovereign states'

Brilliant summary of everything we want mate  O0

Give him 50-60m every season and it will be enough :thup:

50m and what you can raise from sales - it’s not rocket science Mike

Bascially this. Give him  funds and a guarantee to improve training ground, and I'm certain he's stay for 3-4 years.

He clearly likes the club and fans. Good location to see plenty of his family.

Crazy Ashley doesn't realise this. A properly backed Rafa would improve us and make the club more valuable.

and let him spend the kitty the way he wants; and have your fucking finance people and MD figure out how to pay that over 1 lump sum, installments (like most clubs do) and manage the financial cash flow and balance sheet with some proper competence. The same old excuse about not having the money is factually incorrect.

Can only echo what's being said, he's got us looking like a very decent outfit atm. Schar and Lejeune let us build from the back, Almiron's a terrific addition and basically everything goes through Longstaff, who's a revelation.