Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the main backer of this takeover is from Saudi, perhaps the continuing news from there is a reason why things have stalled?

This is in the news this morning..

“Saudi authorities have detained 11 princes after they gathered at a royal palace in Riyadh to protest against austerity measures that included suspending the payment of their utility bills, Saudi media reported on Saturday.

The government information service, the Centre for International Communication, said it was checking the report.

Saudi Arabia, the world’s top oil exporter, has introduced reforms that include cutting subsidies, introducing VAT and cutting perks to royal family members to try to cope with a drop in crude prices that has caused a budget deficit estimated at 195 billion riyals for 2018.”

So they were going to spend around 300 million on a football club but now its all off because Cilla is making them pay for their gas and leccy?

I do think it might be a case of the takeover not happening until the end of the season now. They’ll probably want to wait and see where we are. If there’s a chance they can get us cheaper, they’ll take it.

Sadly this my thinking now. Especially as one of the big hold ups seem to be the relegation clause. Would make sense for them to wait it out 4 or 5 months.

I do think it might be a case of the takeover not happening until the end of the season now. They’ll probably want to wait and see where we are. If there’s a chance they can get us cheaper, they’ll take it.

Sadly this my thinking now. Especially as one of the big hold ups seem to be the relegation clause. Would make sense for them to wait it out 4 or 5 months.

Any professional business you would think are not going to take the risk of losing 100 million in less than 5 months. Ashley is not going to change so we’re  at stand off. The only thing that offers any hope is the curry meeting and the fact that she has created a new company which does seem coincidental. Honestly believe if nothing happens early this week then nothing will happen to the summer if it actually then happens at all.

Hasn't it been pretty widely reported that it could be completed at the end of January earliest? Don't really understand what has changed if you don't count some rumours turning out to be full of shit.

Hasn't it been pretty widely reported that it could be completed at the end of January earliest? Don't really understand what has changed if you don't count some rumours turning out to be full of shit.

Most recent reports are saying there is a stand off and it’s stalled

Didn't the journalistic messiah George Caulkin say that Ashley would fund January after his curry with Staveley? Something about taking a repayment further down the line?

They couldn’t come to an agreement or work it out or something

In the papers today.....

“Various scenarios had been presented to the owner of Sports Direct by the businesswoman – including putting up money to buy players during the transfer window.But that was conditional on a sale price being agreed between the two parties, and without that there is no possibility of Benitez receiving any outside help.”

Hasn't it been pretty widely reported that it could be completed at the end of January earliest? Don't really understand what has changed if you don't count some rumours turning out to be full of s***.

Nothing has changed and neither has the fact they want a relegation clause which Ashley won’t accept and that is a massive deal stopper bearing in mind they could lose 100 million plus if the deal was done and then we went down.

I'm not writing anything off yet, people seem to so up and down on here when there's a the slightest chance of anything happening it's mental. Just chill out guys, it's going to happen, no point in getting het up about when it'll happen  :coolsmiley:

Any professional business you would think are not going to take the risk of losing 100 million in less than 5 months. Ashley is not going to change so we’re  at stand off. The only thing that offers any hope is the curry meeting and the fact that she has created a new company which does seem coincidental. Honestly believe if nothing happens early this week then nothing will happen to the summer if it actually then happens at all.

The problem with relegation is that I doubt Ashley sells for less, he'll gamble on us getting promoted again then asking for £300mill+ again (maybe more depending how much the next TV deal is)

I'm not writing anything off yet, people seem to so up and down on here when there's a the slightest chance of anything happening it's mental. Just chill out guys, it's going to happen, no point in getting het up about when it'll happen  :coolsmiley:

So are they going to take a gamble of losing 100 million plus if we go down. Just can’t see it as much as I would love it to.

Hasn't it been pretty widely reported that it could be completed at the end of January earliest? Don't really understand what has changed if you don't count some rumours turning out to be full of s***.

Nothing has changed and neither has the fact they want a relegation clause which Ashley won’t accept and that is a massive deal stopper bearing in mind they could lose 100 million plus if the deal was done and then we went down.

I'm sure its not a deal stopper as we'd have heard by now if it was off.

The problem with relegation is that I doubt Ashley sells for less, he'll gamble on us getting promoted again then asking for £300mill+ again (maybe more depending how much the next TV deal is)

Then they will move onto another club in the premier or abroad.

I'm sure its not a deal stopper as we'd have heard by now if it was off.

You don’t get it the deal currently is not off but PCP won’t buy the club without a relegation clause and Ashley won’t give them one so that is a deal stopper until the summer as I can’t see either budging. Trust me I hope I’m wrong.

Then they will move onto another club in the premier or abroad.

That's exactly what I expect to happen and we'll be stuck with Ashley for years to come

Guest The Little Waster

How long till were safe from the drop ? Could wait till maybe end of March / April depending on form

Guest neesy111

The more this goes on, the more that curry night looks staged to me.  Very convenient photo op.

Why would they stage it though? ???

To appease fans.