Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can’t recall reading/hearing that. Have heard story re Ashley not turning up himself/sending a minion (probably Charnley), them being offended and leaving.

I’m going off memory, but he basically overvalued us because in truth at the time he had no intention of selling us?

Ok, fair enough. Think I am just going to assume that you are prone to  ‘facticizing’ (not unlike fantasising) given the tone of above (‘he basically’, ‘in truth’) as you are again stating things as true which you can’t possibly really know. Apologies, if it is just your writing style rather than you passing off what you believe/assume as factual.

Guest Howaythetoon

And when it happens it will be yaba daba do and a few Wilmas will be getting bam bam’d that day no doubt.

Guest Howaythetoon

Can’t recall reading/hearing that. Have heard story re Ashley not turning up himself/sending a minion (probably Charnley), them being offended and leaving.

I’m going off memory, but he basically overvalued us because in truth at the time he had no intention of selling us?

Ok, fair enough. Think I am just going to assume that you are prone to  ‘facticizing’ (not unlike fantasising) given the tone of above (‘he basically’, ‘in truth’) as you are again stating things as true which you can’t possibly really know. Apologies, if it is just your writing style rather than you passing off what you believe/assume as factual.

Who knows if it was true indeed. It was reported and it wouldn’t be a surprise. I guess I’m repeating what Dave is pointing out. Just because they may be mega Westland doesn’t mean they wanna pay over the odds for the club.

We really need strengthening. Don't care who funds it or who reimburses who.

I get that that's a fan perspective and the realities of business are different when talking about multiple hundreds of millions and our shaky premiership survival. So the fact the buyer and seller here are (allegedly) in a standoff over it just fucking sucks for everyone. Fans. Rafa. Players. Everyone.

I think Staveley and co are waiting on Ashley to blink. They know that he knows that if we go down, the buyers walk, Rafa walks, the club isn't likely to return and he's fucked. He, on the other hand, is just a fucking twat with more stubbornness than sense who might just chance it than feel like he's getting pushed around.

Hope it's sorted soon.

We really need strengthening. Don't care who funds it or who reimburses who.

I get that that's a fan perspective and the realities of business are different when talking about multiple hundreds of millions and our shaky premiership survival. So the fact the buyer and seller here are (allegedly) in a standoff over it just fucking sucks for everyone. Fans. Rafa. Players. Everyone.

I think Staveley and co are waiting on Ashley to blink. They know that he knows that if we go down, the buyers walk, Rafa walks, the club isn't likely to return and he's fucked. He, on the other hand, is just a fucking twat with more stubbornness than sense who might just chance it than feel like he's getting pushed around.

Hope it's sorted soon.

I don't think Ashley will budge from his price, so Stavely & co are probably going to wait and see where we finish before completing the takeover IMO. The price has no doubt already been agreed, we just need to stay up now. Ashley's refusal to agree to a relegation clause has probably stopped this going through in time to strengthen properly this window.

I don't understand why Ashley has to be in the country for the ball to get rolling? We're in the age of smartphones & instant worldwide communication, seems bizarre for this to be a hold up? Surely can't be as simple as Ashley is on holiday so we can't sign anyone until he's back? Seems very simplistic.

Taking a break in a foreign country is taking the p*ss full stop. Let alone having an extra 2 days during a transfer window / takeover.

I no hun. Wots rong wif Skegvegas or the Norfik broads? #Traitor #Brexitmeansbrexit

Don't protonize me.

OF course he will have extended his holidays he doesn’t need to be here as it’s not his club anymore.  O0

If it was a done deal Stavely would be funding transfers. It's his club and we're knackered until the deadlock breaks.

I don't understand why Ashley has to be in the country for the ball to get rolling? We're in the age of smartphones & instant worldwide communication, seems bizarre for this to be a hold up? Surely can't be as simple as Ashley is on holiday so we can't sign anyone until he's back? Seems very simplistic.

Ashley is quite simplistic though. It's simple he is a c***.

He has always had angry teenager syndrome. When he is pressured to do something he will do the opposite on purpose whatever the cost.