Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d rather read his s**** than the s**** of journos, that’s if his stuff is indeed shite which we can all say journos stuff most certainly is.

At least his stuff is based on facts not speculation. The hole in his argument is that Ashley would do this as part of the selling process in case he needs it, I don’t think it indicates a definite sale. 

It’s as bad as the ITK shite, really. He got lucky in finding the Cantervale registration, and he’s dressed everything since up to keep himself relevant.

He could just be misguided, like. But a number of people with a more sound understanding of business practice have pointed out that it means very little.

I imagine he’s a bit like what Stifler would be if he was slightly better educated.

f*** off.

That one of Wilde's?

Wilde he was fucking livid.

*The old ones are the best.

seemed ok at the start but now he seems desperate to remain relevant and writes accordingly

Doesn't what he say, like, add up though?

It does seem to fit, absolutely, but the amount could have just been contingency on Ashley's part in the event it happens, as I understand it there's no obligation for him to buy any shares at any amount.

It absolutely doesn't mean the sale is agreed and virtually done.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think like many he’s just trying to make sense of everything, applying what he knows and doing it articulately. His platform is Twitter it seems which for me is the lowest form of any media platform other than fan tv which is maybe why he’s getting some stick. He’s doing nothing no-one has done on here though in posting their own views etc. Good on him I say and at least he’s trying to engage people rather than posting made up text screen shots or photos of f***ing Rolls Royces’ outside of SJP.

Guest Howaythetoon

seemed ok at the start but now he seems desperate to remain relevant and writes accordingly

It does seem to fit, absolutely, but the amount could have just been contingency on Ashley's part in the event it happens, as I understand it there's no obligation for him to buy any shares at any amount.

He does say in his opinion mind. Those that think he’s thinking he knows what’s what are really misguiding their own sense of who knows what. Oh look he thinks he knows the craic oh but he doesn’t I know he doesn’t and therefore I know what’s the craic. Ah f*** shoot me now :lol:

I think like many he’s just trying to make sense of everything, applying what he knows and doing it articulately. His platform is Twitter it seems which for me is the lowest form of any media platform other than fan tv which is maybe why he’s getting some stick. He’s doing nothing no-one has done on here though in posting their own views etc. Good on him I say and at least he’s trying to engage people rather than posting made up text screen shots or photos of f***ing Rolls Royces’ outside of SJP.

Got to agree with this. His trying to make sense of everything is much more inviting than journos saying "Nah it's not happening. Club is as good as done"

He does say in his opinion mind. Those that think he’s thinking he knows what’s what are really misguiding their own sense of who knows what. Oh look he thinks he knows the craic oh but he doesn’t I know he doesn’t and therefore I know what’s the craic. Ah f*** shoot me now [emoji38]

Cut the Twitter slagging off mind!

No I get what you're saying, all I said was the way he writes seemed incredibly desperate to me but I'm sure I'm doing him a massive disservice.

Hopefully he's fucking bang on.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ashley and AS do not trust journos. NDAs in place mean there is literally no comment from anyone involved down to Rafa so they are fishing, trying to string a story out for a reader or viewership who are desperate for anything, good or bad. Again they know f*** all. I read the Douglas piece and he waffles more than me and really, it’s all conjecture. At least this bloke is using his knowledge and well thought out ideas to form an opinion of his own which he has put out there as that. I cannot wait for the day when journos become obsolete and as s*** as social media can be, it’s kind of helping promote real news and while we still have to waif through the s*** such as photos of Rolls Royce’s outside of SJP there is real info out there like from this bloke. It’s up to us determine its worth or value. Me I value it more highly that Steve f***ing Wraith stating this or that or even Mick Quinn retweeting s*** in the way I value our owns Matt’s take on things for example.

Even if it just Ashley preparing for the possible sale, it’s so much closer than we’ve been before.

If he genuinely didn’t want to sell than why go through that bother?

We need to sit back and see where we’re at January 31st.

Guest Howaythetoon

He does say in his opinion mind. Those that think he’s thinking he knows what’s what are really misguiding their own sense of who knows what. Oh look he thinks he knows the craic oh but he doesn’t I know he doesn’t and therefore I know what’s the craic. Ah f*** shoot me now [emoji38]

Cut the Twitter slagging off mind!

No I get what you're saying, all I said was the way he writes seemed incredibly desperate to me but I'm sure I'm doing him a massive disservice.

Hopefully he's f***ing bang on.

Sorry but I can’t stand twitter.

I don't find him desperate, the likes of Steve Wraith are desperate, he’s just trying to be heard in a vacuum of absolute s*** and again I’d far rather read what he has to say than someone like Wraith or even a journo like Douglas.

At least he seems to be putting the pieces together and trying to be a bit objective about what's going on rather than spouting any nonsense like the professionals are all doing. Says something about the journalists these days...

Guest Howaythetoon

Even if it just Ashley preparing for the possible sale, it’s so much closer than we’ve been before.

If he genuinely didn’t want to sell than why go through that bother?

We need to sit back and see where we’re at January 31st.

We just have to be patient whether it happens tomorrow, at the end of Jan or next season. Mike Ashley wants out and this is the best route for him and the best time. Me, again, I believe it’s happening and as such I’m not going to get drawn into ifs and buts and shall just wait for the inevitable.

Ashley and AS do not trust journos. NDAs in place mean there is literally no comment from anyone involved down to Rafa so they are fishing, trying to string a story out for a reader or viewership who are desperate for anything, good or bad. Again they know f*** all. I read the Douglas piece and he waffles more than me and really, it’s all conjecture. At least this bloke is using his knowledge and well thought out ideas to form an opinion of his own which he has put out there as that. I cannot wait for the day when journos become obsolete and as s*** as social media can be, it’s kind of helping promote real news and while we still have to waif through the s*** such as photos of Rolls Royce’s outside of SJP there is real info out there like from this bloke. It’s up to us determine its worth or value. Me I value it more highly that Steve f***ing Wraith stating this or that or even Mick Quinn retweeting s*** in the way I value our owns Matt’s take on things for example.

Spot on.

The thing is people are what goes on behind the scenes of deals like this, and what each aspect can mean. A lot of people do it in this very thread, begging to know what an NDA is and all the way down to why a shell company would be made for a takeover. Much more of these questions are being asked on social media and in general conversation. This guy is providing some answers. Ok he might not be an expert and a lot of it might be down to research, and he might have his own NUFC rose tinted glasses on, but atleast he’s trying to provide those answers to people.

Cut him some slack eh?