Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All that article says is that they're one of the investors right? There may have been several feasibly? Every where I see people reporting this as the only investor pulling out but I don't see that in the article at all. Might be my lack of business understanding though.

Would you want multiple people involved each with different stakes in the club? probably not I'd imagine?

Think the really disappointing thing in all of this is that of all the wealthy contacts she has, the best she could drum up was a pair of bros from London that maxed out at one bid and were out.

Think that lets us know that no one is really keen on Newcastle as things stand, and so that fat nitwit is likely going to be around for a while.

I hope this puts an end to all these so called ITKs. Bunch of useless knackers.

I think it will, and thank fuck for that.

Apart from Dokko.  He was spot on :lol:

Aye, well you would expect Charnley to have a better handle on it than most others.

I wonder what will happen if PCP did take over the club. Say Rafa requests 50m to rebuild the team, and so this amount has to get all investors consensus before Rafa can conclude any deals?

All that article says is that they're one of the investors right? There may have been several feasibly? Every where I see people reporting this as the only investor pulling out but I don't see that in the article at all. Might be my lack of business understanding though.

Would you want multiple people involved each with different stakes in the club? probably not I'd imagine?

I'd assume it wouldn't work like that.

I’m sure an ‘expert’ will be along any minute to tell us.

A lot of people were reporting it as a consortium lead by Amanda. So it wouldn't exactly be a surprise.

:lol:

Well count me out. I'm not even going to pretend to know. Just want the fat man gone.

Somebody with more intelligence explain this to me, please. Who exactly was buying the club here? PCP or Reuben Brothers? Did RB hire Staveley to do the bidding on their behalf, or did she decide one day that she wanted to buy it, and then went out to look for backers? So we might have possibly had a PCP/RB partnership?

I posted two links yesterday how staveley operates. Have a look, it gives you an idea.

Somebody with more intelligence explain this to me, please. Who exactly was buying the club here? PCP or Reuben Brothers? Did RB hire Staveley to do the bidding on their behalf, or did she decide one day that she wanted to buy it, and then went out to look for backers? So we might have possibly had a PCP/RB partnership?

Dunno, does it matter now?  :lol:

Well if Ashley wants £350 mill think we can safely say this will never be happening,no one is paying close to that

Dunno, like.  £300m is a pretty fair price, meet halfway at £325m and everyone goes home happy.  I'm no Ashley fan but £250m is a pretty bad offer for NUFC as it stands.

He should start running us like a £350m football club then.  We're valuable when it suits him, worthless when it doesn't. 

It's because of 10 years of failure including an appalling transfer record that buyers aren't exactly queuing up to pay his asking price.  The club is worth fuck-all without its Premier League status, and we're clearly going to be perilously close to losing it yet again.

Well if Ashley wants £350 mill think we can safely say this will never be happening,no one is paying close to that

Dunno, like.  £300m is a pretty fair price, meet halfway at £325m and everyone goes home happy.  I'm no Ashley fan but £250m is a pretty bad offer for NUFC as it stands.

:anguish:

If £300m was a fair price there would be people lining up. It's not though and it's entirely Ashley's fault that that is the case. I think our best case scenario now is to confirm safety as quickly as possible and then pray someone comes in with a substantial offer between that date and the end of the World Cup. Beyond that and we get close to the whole cycle starting again where it would be borderline insane to pay that much for a club hanging by a thread in the PL.

I know it's a point that's been made, but the club is really only worth what someone is willing to pay.

For instance Southampton were valued at around 260 million and had a 75 million asset on their books, a squad still worth much more than ours after he was sold and also a much more solid premier league place.

Bet Ashley is gutted this didn't come out straight after the transfer deadline the smokescreen fabricating c***.

He released it that's how fucking thick he is.

PCP are to blame. Ashley is saving the day allowing Rafa to sell some players and loaning a keeper from Sunday league in Botswana