Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I right in thinking that there's hasn't been an official statement from the club itself ?

One of the newspaper bits this week said any statement wouldn't come from NUFC, but St James' Holdings who are selling the club.

But no official word from them, either.

Am I right in thinking that there's hasn't been an official statement from the club itself ?

One of the newspaper bits this week said any statement wouldn't come from NUFC, but St James' Holdings who are selling the club.

But no official word from them, either.

In this context they're one and the same. The original sale announcement was published on the club's website.

Guest The Little Waster

think its pretty straight forward.

stay up and he'll never sell.

relegated he might.

Pray for relegation

Somethings got to give now, surely Ashley's position is untenable, he can't afford to keep the club going in the same way it has been and the supporters don't want him here. AO will ramp up the pressure, Rafa isn't going to let Ashley hide behind him, even if we do stay up the club is at a crossroads, shit or get off the pot.

Guest firetotheworks

The TV deal will probably end up benefitting players and agents again...unless you're Mike Ashley, so aye it wouldn't surprise me if he upped the price under the assumption that everyone's as greedy as him.

relegated he might.

This is still one of the worst myths peddled on this board.

explain.

People said the same when we were relegated a couple of years ago and said the same when we first went down. The first time Ashley only tried to fake A potential sale of the club. Last time he didn’t want to let go until we were back in the Premier League and the club was valued more.

If the club gets relegated there's a 0% chance he would get what he wants, in fact he would probably take a loss.

No he won’t, he’ll never take a loss. If we go down the top bid for the club will be £250m. I think he’ll be offered the full £300m from Staveley if we stay up. Him accepting that all depends on if he think staying up and the new TV deal results in an increase on that price which he is said to be ready to accept now.

If the club gets relegated there's a 0% chance he would get what he wants, in fact he would probably take a loss.

No he won’t, he’ll never take a loss. If we go down the top bid for the club will be £250m. I think he’ll be offered the full £300m from Staveley if we stay up. Him accepting that all depends on if he think staying up and the new TV deal results in an increase on that price which he is said to be ready to accept now.

Well that's my point really.

relegated he might.

This is still one of the worst myths peddled on this board.

explain.

Stay up - he wouldn't sell us.

Go down - they wouldn't buy us.

I don't think he'll get 250mill if we go down. He'd bank on coming back up, however he could be thinking if its 250 up front or 300 with a clause that he'd get 300 with no clauses should we stop up (I'd guess most owners have an idea of how much the next TV deal will be worth already)so He'll risk on staying up on what we have plus the minimum incomings.