Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matchday and Commercial income from my Man U friend  :lol:

NUFC - M'day - £29m

ManU - M'day - £86m

NUFC - Comm - £19m

ManU - Comm - £150m

NUFC - M'day - £23.4m

ManU - M'day - £146m

NUFC - Comm - £12m

ManU - Comm - £362m

Difference is insane  :lol:

Man U are on a different planet - but an interesting comparison, would love to see how we fare up against the likes of Spurs/Everton during the same period

:lol: Good businessman.

Possibly the only 'businessman' who could make a Premier League team's revenue reduce in a ten year period that's seen the market inflate ten fold. :lol:

Shockingly stupid businessman, because if he actually used his brain, he'd have done everything in his power to maximize the NUFC machine and had SD hand in hand next to it promoting it even further. But he's so fucking short-sighted, trying to save money for a company he took public, mind you, not something he owns out-right 100% as a private company anymore. Defies logic.

Matchday and Commercial income from my Man U friend  :lol:

NUFC - M'day - £29m

ManU - M'day - £86m

NUFC - Comm - £19m

ManU - Comm - £150m

NUFC - M'day - £23.4m

ManU - M'day - £146m

NUFC - Comm - £12m

ManU - Comm - £362m

Difference is insane  :lol:

Man U are on a different planet - but an interesting comparison, would love to see how we fare up against the likes of Spurs/Everton during the same period

:lol: Good businessman.

Possibly the only 'businessman' who could make a Premier League team's revenue reduce in a ten year period that's seen the market inflate ten fold. :lol:

He is a good business man for SD not for NUFC, that disparity in commercial income is siphoned straight off to SD. It's like a blood transfusion that leaves just enough in the host to keep it alive while the fat patient in the other bed keeps swelling. He's made a fucking packet from us and stands to make even more when he sells the "debt" on to the next owners.

A new owner won't buy us with debt unless the price reflects it.  I mean it doesn't even take any real due diligence to see the debt, so nobody is going to be stupid enough to offer anything but what they think the club is worth minus debt.

Also whatever he's gaining for Sports Direct now doesn't excuse his total lack of business sense here.  Because he's missing out on so much more even from the perspective of someone who just wants to use NUFC to improve his other business.  With even the smallest amount of ambition and sensible decision making Newcastle United could be bringing in far more money both for itself and for Sports Direct. Don't employ morons like Kinnear, Wise, Pardew ect and spend at least what the club generates.  No relegations (which have cost nearly £200m), more shirt sales, better commercial deals, more TV money.  That increases NUFC's revenue, Spors Direct revenue direct from shops, makes the cub a much better advertising vehicle for Sports Direct which will in turn increase Sports Direct revenue further and massively increases the value of his NUFC asset.  That's what a really good business man would do.  But he's just happy to scrap some money off the top like the small time chancer that he is.

He never planned to seriously invest in the squad or city.

Just wondering, what sort of buyer do you think we could attract if we spent a few years in the lower divisions as you and others seem to think is the only way to go? Personally I think we'd be off the map by then to the big foreign investors, we'd only be able to attract the cheap n' cheerful Barry Moat chancers who wouldn't have the means or the vision to be able to invest in a city.

Some might well prefer supporting a lower division team free of Ashley, and I can get that, but I think the big investors would want to buy a Premier league club.

Loads of Premier league clubs are doing just fine with the money they generate without an external investor, we are being held back by the Mike Ashley millstone 

RANGERS chairman Dave King has warned of further court action to secure payments it claims it is owed under a past retail agreement with Mike Ashley's Sports Direct.

And Mr King warned that court injunctions won by Mr Ashley affecting the current rights to sell club merchandise "will not be the final word".

He reacted after Mr Justice Teare last week ruled at the High Court that Rangers breached the terms of an agreement made with a company in the Sports Direct group - and granted an 'undoing' injunction that curbs the club's retail partnership with the Hertfordshire-based football merchandising firm Elite Group.

He agreed with Sports Direct that the club made a new agreement with the firm without giving Sports Direct a chance to match that firm's offer.

He ruled that Rangers was in breach of a retail agreement with Sports Direct by entering into the non-exclusive Elite agreement and by failing to offer Sports Direct the opportunity to exercise a matching right to their offer.

Mr King made his personal response after Sports Direct later called on Rangers to "accept the outcome and move on" and put in place commercial arrangements with Sports Direct which would be for the benefit of Rangers fans and the club.

Mr King said: "There is no mention of what benefit such arrangements might bring to the Ccub and its supporters. I challenge Sports Direct to follow up its statement by sharing with Rangers supporters how much last season’s retail agreement benefited the club. "

He despite repeated requests, the club had still not received a proper accounting for the retail activities or payments due over Sports Direct's sale of Rangers kit under a prior agereement.

"That certainly does not provide me with any comfort in dealing with Sports Direct as a partner. It is solely because of Sports Direct’s refusal or inability to act as expected of a normal commercial partner that Rangers now has no choice but to litigate to secure payments that are due and are long outstanding," he said.

"My advice to Sports Direct is that whatever short-term success it might enjoy through its courtroom manoeuvrings will not affect my resolve, nor that of RIFC’s other investors to ensure the best deal for the Club and its supporters.

"We continue to show the resolve we have demonstrated over the last three years in resisting all attempts by Mike Ashley and Sports Direct to take further advantage of our club.

"As in previous litigation, Sports Direct’s urgent court injunctions will always be complied with - but will not be the final word

Just wondering, what sort of buyer do you think we could attract if we spent a few years in the lower divisions as you and others seem to think is the only way to go? Personally I think we'd be off the map by then to the big foreign investors, we'd only be able to attract the cheap n' cheerful Barry Moat chancers who wouldn't have the means or the vision to be able to invest in a city.

Some might well prefer supporting a lower division team free of Ashley, and I can get that, but I think the big investors would want to buy a Premier league club.

Exactly

Wolves and Leicester were also bought out in the lower divisions. You don't need a big money owner for sure, just someone with proper ambitions for the club. Look at billionaire Ashley and where it got us.

Wolves and Leicester were also bought out in the lower divisions. You don't need a big money owner for sure, just someone with proper ambitions for the club. Look at billionaire Ashley and where it got us.

Bought for a fraction of the cost Ashley wants and that's the point no chance he will accept a low cost.

Bought for a fraction of the cost Ashley wants and that's the point no chance he will accept a low cost.

Because he doesn’t have to right now. It’s a cyclical argument. I don’t think he’ll make it easy either or pretend to understand money but the context changes entirely.

Because he doesn’t have to right now. It’s a cyclical argument. I don’t think he’ll make it easy either or pretend to understand money but the context changes entirely.

We will see I wouldn't hold your breath though.

He will walk when & only when he reaches a tipping point & concludes that it just isn't worth the hassle & that point can only arrive, regardless of what division we`re in, only as a consequence of pressure & negative publicity.

Were it not for the Magpie group, there would be no hope at all. I really do hope this generation of supporter doesn't lack the militancy required to push him to that point but the divisions not just on social media, suggest a split fan base. That in itself is astonishing given what he`s done to the club thus far.

He wont sell, he`ll never sell, unless he`s made to

Wolves at home will could be a seminal moment

Point 1 - we cannot attract any buyers at the moment. Because Ashley doesn't want to sell. The key here is making Ashley want to sell. That won't happen as a yo-yo PL club. That's the most important thing here. All the money Wolves have spent - buying the club, investing in the players, stadium etc. so far would've cost the amount it would have taken to purchase the club from Ashley in the first place. You can buy Wolves, invest in them, get promoted and do small stadium improvements all for the money Ashley is asking for a terrible PL team.

Same thing happened to Southampton and Leicester. Both clubs bought in League 1 iirc. But what you had is good catchment areas for fans and talent. Decent stadiums. Premier league heritage and recognition.

Again, smart business people will want to buy something undervalued, at a low then bring it up. Why buy Newcastle for £300m when you can buy Wolves for £45m? £100m to get promoted. £50m on a new stand. £20m on training. Still have money to spend.

He will walk when & only when he reaches a tipping point & concludes that it just isn't worth the hassle & that point can only arrive, regardless of what division we`re in, only as a consequence of pressure & negative publicity.

Were it not for the Magpie group, there would be no hope at all. I really do hope this generation of supporter doesn't lack the militancy required to push him to that point but the divisions not just on social media, suggest a split fan base. That in itself is astonishing given what he`s done to the club thus far.

He wont sell, he`ll never sell, unless he`s made to

Wolves at home will could be a seminal moment

Critically, I don't see the fans making a big enough deal about things while we are in the PL. If Rafa keeps us up the pressure will not be there.

Point 1 - we cannot attract any buyers at the moment. Because Ashley doesn't want to sell. The key here is making Ashley want to sell. That won't happen as a yo-yo PL club. That's the most important thing here. All the money Wolves have spent - buying the club, investing in the players, stadium etc. so far would've cost the amount it would have taken to purchase the club from Ashley in the first place. You can buy Wolves, invest in them, get promoted and do small stadium improvements all for the money Ashley is asking for a terrible PL team.

Same thing happened to Southampton and Leicester. Both clubs bought in League 1 iirc. But what you had is good catchment areas for fans and talent. Decent stadiums. Premier league heritage and recognition.

Again, smart business people will want to buy something undervalued, at a low then bring it up. Why buy Newcastle for £300m when you can buy Wolves for £45m? £100m to get promoted. £50m on a new stand. £20m on training. Still have money to spend.

You honestly think the selling price will get anywhere near 45 million with Ashley in charge - there is a reason these people went for these clubs and that is Ashley will not budge on his required price. You can argue all day that a spell of two to three years in the Championship would do that - for one, Ashley will just use the premiership money saved the last two years to outspend other clubs in the division like last time and two, there is not a chance in hell he would go down that low at anytime, it's just not the way the fat cunt operates. I really think people are living on a different planet to think this owner will reduce the price to the amounts offered for Wolves, leicester etc. for people to buy the club at such a reduced price. We will see as I think we will be relegated this year but as I said I certainly wouldn't hold your breath. Hear where your coming from but totally disagree with what you're saying - time will tell though.