Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He will walk when & only when he reaches a tipping point & concludes that it just isn't worth the hassle & that point can only arrive, regardless of what division we`re in, only as a consequence of pressure & negative publicity.

Were it not for the Magpie group, there would be no hope at all. I really do hope this generation of supporter doesn't lack the militancy required to push him to that point but the divisions not just on social media, suggest a split fan base. That in itself is astonishing given what he`s done to the club thus far.

He wont sell, he`ll never sell, unless he`s made to

Wolves at home will could be a seminal moment

Critically, I don't see the fans making a big enough deal about things while we are in the PL. If Rafa keeps us up the pressure will not be there.

Sadly...I agree, just imagine the toxicity in the gound on the back of, say 4 wins on the trot (This side of Xmas) for example? 

Guest neesy111

More swooping on the vulnerable..............

@skynewsbreak

Cycling retailer Evans Cycles which has 60 stores across the UK has been sold to Sports Direct as part of a pre-pack administration

His buying up of companies recently is classic asset stripping.  Another pre-pack administration as well ffs.

What a great idea, cheers for the link.

I’ve done this and I will be doing it again after his takeover of evans as I’ve bought loads there.  I will be exercising my right to be forgotten after I get a response. 

If you do that I think they have to purge their systems of your data.

Guest neesy111

What a great idea, cheers for the link.

I’ve done this and I will be doing it again after his takeover of evans as I’ve bought loads there.  I will be exercising my right to be forgotten after I get a response. 

If you do that I think they have to purge their systems of your data.

They have to give you a full report of where your data is across their systems and then you can request for it to be deleted.

More swooping on the vulnerable..............

@skynewsbreak

Cycling retailer Evans Cycles which has 60 stores across the UK has been sold to Sports Direct as part of a pre-pack administration

Gutted. First of the many brands & shops of his i'm going to have to stop using.

RIP Mr Evans and his cycles.

Guest firetotheworks

Slightly gutted about that like. I was planning on getting a Pinnacle bike, but now I'll have to go second hand or go somewhere else.

Slightly gutted about that like. I was planning on getting a Pinnacle bike, but now I'll have to go second hand or go somewhere else.

Wiggle, Chainreaction Cycles or Edinburgh Cycles are my other shops. You've also got a great local bike shop in Cramlington: CJ Performance Cycles...but as a LBS prices aren't always the best on accessories. Bikes however are competitive and even will negotiate (I got 10% worth of accessories instore when i bought through them) a deal when you buy.

Guest firetotheworks

Wiggle, Chainreaction Cycles or Edinburgh Cycles are my other shops. You've also got a great local bike shop in Cramlington: CJ Performance Cycles...but as a LBS prices aren't always the best on accessories. Bikes however are competitive and even will negotiate (I got 10% worth of accessories instore when i bought through them) a deal when you buy.

Aye, one of my good mates works at Start Cycles as well, so they're always an option with mates rates etc as well. It's only the Pinnacle part of it that I'm bothered about really, I really liked the look of them in terms of bang for your buck.

CRC and Wiggle are better options. Shame about Evans. It was a 'proper' bike shop. Never going to see another penny of mine now. Partially because I don't want to give that fat twat any of my money, but mainly because it'll just end up full of No Fear s****.

Aye, one of my good mates works at Start Cycles as well, so they're always an option with mates rates etc as well. It's only the Pinnacle part of it that I'm bothered about really, I really liked the look of them in terms of bang for your buck.

If i were to buy a bike i'd go no further than the CDNE group on facebook and get one secondhand.

If you can't see this sign up to the group....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/260722494632973/

Good bikes imo. Bought a Trek for slightly more than my Pinnacle and the Pinnacle is probably better.

"Half the stores will close" - they don't say which half of course. That depends how much they can get a concession out of the landlords so they can repeat what was done on HoF.

Deluded Geordies wanting Champions League football while poor Mike is saving jobs etc etc

He never planned to seriously invest in the squad or city.

Just wondering, what sort of buyer do you think we could attract if we spent a few years in the lower divisions as you and others seem to think is the only way to go? Personally I think we'd be off the map by then to the big foreign investors, we'd only be able to attract the cheap n' cheerful Barry Moat chancers who wouldn't have the means or the vision to be able to invest in a city.

Some might well prefer supporting a lower division team free of Ashley, and I can get that, but I think the big investors would want to buy a Premier league club.

Point 1 - we cannot attract any buyers at the moment. Because Ashley doesn't want to sell. The key here is making Ashley want to sell. That won't happen as a yo-yo PL club. That's the most important thing here. All the money Wolves have spent - buying the club, investing in the players, stadium etc. so far would've cost the amount it would have taken to purchase the club from Ashley in the first place. You can buy Wolves, invest in them, get promoted and do small stadium improvements all for the money Ashley is asking for a terrible PL team.

Same thing happened to Southampton and Leicester. Both clubs bought in League 1 iirc. But what you had is good catchment areas for fans and talent. Decent stadiums. Premier league heritage and recognition.

Again, smart business people will want to buy something undervalued, at a low then bring it up. Why buy Newcastle for £300m when you can buy Wolves for £45m? £100m to get promoted. £50m on a new stand. £20m on training. Still have money to spend.

You honestly think the selling price will get anywhere near 45 million with Ashley in charge - there is a reason these people went for these clubs and that is Ashley will not budge on his required price. You can argue all day that a spell of two to three years in the Championship would do that - for one, Ashley will just use the premiership money saved the last two years to outspend other clubs in the division like last time and two, there is not a chance in hell he would go down that low at anytime, it's just not the way the fat cunt operates. I really think people are living on a different planet to think this owner will reduce the price to the amounts offered for Wolves, leicester etc. for people to buy the club at such a reduced price. We will see as I think we will be relegated this year but as I said I certainly wouldn't hold your breath. Hear where your coming from but totally disagree with what you're saying - time will tell though.

Go back to point 1. We can't attract any buyers because the price is artificially too high.

I've never said the price will go as low as Wolves but it might go to a reasonable price. NUFC isn't hard to sell. He just wants too much money and is happy to yo-yo.

5 years in the Championship if need be. He'll not sell in the PL in this market.

He never planned to seriously invest in the squad or city.

Just wondering, what sort of buyer do you think we could attract if we spent a few years in the lower divisions as you and others seem to think is the only way to go? Personally I think we'd be off the map by then to the big foreign investors, we'd only be able to attract the cheap n' cheerful Barry Moat chancers who wouldn't have the means or the vision to be able to invest in a city.

Some might well prefer supporting a lower division team free of Ashley, and I can get that, but I think the big investors would want to buy a Premier league club.

Point 1 - we cannot attract any buyers at the moment. Because Ashley doesn't want to sell. The key here is making Ashley want to sell. That won't happen as a yo-yo PL club. That's the most important thing here. All the money Wolves have spent - buying the club, investing in the players, stadium etc. so far would've cost the amount it would have taken to purchase the club from Ashley in the first place. You can buy Wolves, invest in them, get promoted and do small stadium improvements all for the money Ashley is asking for a terrible PL team.

Same thing happened to Southampton and Leicester. Both clubs bought in League 1 iirc. But what you had is good catchment areas for fans and talent. Decent stadiums. Premier league heritage and recognition.

Again, smart business people will want to buy something undervalued, at a low then bring it up. Why buy Newcastle for £300m when you can buy Wolves for £45m? £100m to get promoted. £50m on a new stand. £20m on training. Still have money to spend.

You honestly think the selling price will get anywhere near 45 million with Ashley in charge - there is a reason these people went for these clubs and that is Ashley will not budge on his required price. You can argue all day that a spell of two to three years in the Championship would do that - for one, Ashley will just use the premiership money saved the last two years to outspend other clubs in the division like last time and two, there is not a chance in hell he would go down that low at anytime, it's just not the way the fat cunt operates. I really think people are living on a different planet to think this owner will reduce the price to the amounts offered for Wolves, leicester etc. for people to buy the club at such a reduced price. We will see as I think we will be relegated this year but as I said I certainly wouldn't hold your breath. Hear where your coming from but totally disagree with what you're saying - time will tell though.

Go back to point 1. We can't attract any buyers because the price is artificially too high.

I've never said the price will go as low as Wolves but it might go to a reasonable price. NUFC isn't hard to sell. He just wants too much money and is happy to yo-yo.

5 years in the Championship if need be. He'll not sell in the PL in this market.

He'll make money even in the championship. I wish I could believe it would be different, but he'll always demand a price that is too high to make it a worthwhile purchase, we've seen this previously regardless of which division we are in. The only way he might leave is if the campaign against him turns absolutely militant, that will be a few years off if it ever happens.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/dave-king-on-sports-direct-29-10-2018.52616/

"A leech who benefits from the misfortune and desperation of others.

Enjoy your ill-gotten money ya fat fucking weasel.

Hopefully it’ll speed up the fatal cardiac arrest."

"It’s good to see Dave King is not going to back down and is resolute in his pursuit of doing what’s best for the club and the fans but I am not spending any money on the new kit merchandise if there’s any hint of money making it’s way to that fat pollution. There must be ways Rangers fans and Newcastle fans can join forces to disrupt his businesses and cause him as much aggravation as possible? I am sick of us just accepting he’s got us by the balls attitude, he got to take advantage of the situation when those Spiv b@stards were at the helm and knows he’s out of order but he’s a dirty greedy rat and not interested in being reasonable so it’s about time he felt the force of fans combined and experienced just how unreasonable thousands of us who’ve had enough of his crap can really be....question is, are we just prepared to let him carry on getting away with it? "

"We should be brigining Sports Direct stores to a stand still in Glasgow and beyond where possible with organised bears while the club fight them through the courts.

At the next international break thousands of us should descend on their stores main entrances and protest.

It can be organised.

%^*& Mike Ashley and %^*& Sports Direct. "

http://i66.tinypic.com/23j1pci.jpg

In the light of the tragic Leicester accident and all what we have heard about the owners contribution to the community, I wonder how it compares to Ashley. What contribution has he made, financial or otherwise, to the area of Newcastle.