Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They must have upped the secrecy and confidentiality after the bid leaks earlier. Too quiet.

Both sides were 'very unhappy' with the leak according to Simon Bird's article. The Mirror have been s**** for news on us lately but Simon Bird is credible enough.

Isn't he the one referred to as a "c***" by JFK?

Aye. "Which one of you is Simon Bird?"

"Me."

"You're a cunt. There I've said it to your face."

"Thank you."

20m won’t get us s***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insightful stuff!

You ok Hun?

:lol: 20m in this transfer window, in Jan, for this squad. The current rate players are going for, double that and clubs reluctant to sell. We need a 15 goal st, a number 10 and a LB. We wont get anywhere near that for that money

I get what you're saying but there are clubs looking to offload players for match fitness etc. Again, I point to Ings - he might turn out to be shit but from what's being reported he's available for loan, and even with one leg he's better than Joselu.

If Rafa is drawing up a list, which he says he is, you can take it from that there are players available.

January is the last opportunity for teams to cash in on players who are out of contract in the summer as well. There's always something that can be done but I agree with you, we're unlikely to sign a world beater for £20m. That said, Mahrez only cost Leicester £500k.

Why have people started basing how many goals a striker can guarantee on 5m 10m 20m etc being like between 5-10 goals in the premier league. Didn't mitro get 9 in his debut prem season and he was shite and didnt play a full season.

Its all utter bollox. A cheap investment could do equally as well as a 60m striker, depending on hitting form and simply adjusting to changes quickly or pure luck etc etc.

This price to goals thing is a load of shit for me. Obviously Aguero etc you would expect to be good given his reputation.

But nobody would have expected Keane to be the striker he is to start with. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Im sure Vardy was like 1.5m from Fleetwood.

Why don't the top clubs buy strikers for £1.5m then? It would seem a bit daft to waste £50m on an expensive prima donna when you could by 15 players for that.

Maybe Reverend Wraith has lost his faith in God?

Sums up Wraith.

Knew him for a bit and anyone actually taking notice of his bullshit and speculative crap when he knows f*** all is mental

In fairness to him, he was sitting next to Staveley at the game and was 100% playing "host" on a corporate table in Heroes club when she was at the Liverpool game.

Why have people started basing how many goals a striker can guarantee on 5m 10m 20m etc being like between 5-10 goals in the premier league. Didn't mitro get 9 in his debut prem season and he was s**** and didnt play a full season.

Its all utter bollox. A cheap investment could do equally as well as a 60m striker, depending on hitting form and simply adjusting to changes quickly or pure luck etc etc.

This price to goals thing is a load of s*** for me. Obviously Aguero etc you would expect to be good given his reputation.

But nobody would have expected Keane to be the striker he is to start with. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Why don't the top clubs buy strikers for £1.5m then? It would seem a bit daft to waste £50m on an expensive prima donna when you could by 15 players for that.

I guess because the bigger you get and the more successful you are, the further you have to fall. Those clubs therefore become more risk averse and opt for the proven option rather than taking a punt.

£50m buys you a quality, well proven striker whereas £10-15m might buy you a young, relatively unknown striker who has had one good season and looks to have good potential.

Plus, big names sell more merch.

Why have people started basing how many goals a striker can guarantee on 5m 10m 20m etc being like between 5-10 goals in the premier league. Didn't mitro get 9 in his debut prem season and he was s**** and didnt play a full season.

This price to goals thing is a load of s*** for me. Obviously Aguero etc you would expect to be good given his reputation.

I guess because the bigger you get and the more successful you are, the further you have to fall. Those clubs therefore become more risk averse and opt for the proven option rather than taking a punt.

£50m buys you a quality, well proven striker whereas £10-15m might buy you a young, relatively unknown striker who has had one good season and looks to have good potential.

Not to mention, you could buy a relatively unknown striker for £10m with a lot of promise and if he flops you get relegated. I can think of at least one club that happened to in recent years.

Not to mention, you could buy a relatively unknown striker for £10m with a lot of promise and if he flops you get relegated. I can think of at least one club that happened to in recent years.

:lol:

Not sure who you're getting at but yeah, it's definitely happened

Why have people started basing how many goals a striker can guarantee on 5m 10m 20m etc being like between 5-10 goals in the premier league. Didn't mitro get 9 in his debut prem season and he was shite and didnt play a full season.

This price to goals thing is a load of shit for me. Obviously Aguero etc you would expect to be good given his reputation.

Because they can afford to, so it doesnt matter.

The cost of the market simply isnt the argument. ( they could spunk millions on a top striker with no return, ala Carroll, Bony, Torres when at Chelsea.

Basing a cost on how many goals a striker will return is an unkown unless they are obvious pedigree and reputation, ie international players cost more we know that.

Its the pretending a 20m striker has an average goal ratio based on his price thats a laugh.

There is of course outliers like Vardy Ba etc but if you look at the list currently top of the goalscoring charts you're not getting one of them for under 20m. That Richarlison is the closest to looking like he will hit 10-15, very good signing but again its rare. Also we need a ten as well, there is no creativity in this side

That Richarlson as you say. He's one there though,and in a side that isnt extreme? Its possible. Also if you are afraid to take risks loans or look for out of contracts and offer higher signing on fees and wages, there are options out there.

I spoke to a chap today whos wife is from Huddersfield knows the club well, he said theres no way we would struggle to compete financially with them. So im guessing Rafa is just sounding off again in the media to wind up fat man.

20m won’t get us s***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insightful stuff!

You ok Hun?

:lol: 20m in this transfer window, in Jan, for this squad. The current rate players are going for, double that and clubs reluctant to sell. We need a 15 goal st, a number 10 and a LB. We wont get anywhere near that for that money

I get what you're saying but there are clubs looking to offload players for match fitness etc. Again, I point to Ings - he might turn out to be shit but from what's being reported he's available for loan, and even with one leg he's better than Joselu.

If Rafa is drawing up a list, which he says he is, you can take it from that there are players available.

January is the last opportunity for teams to cash in on players who are out of contract in the summer as well. There's always something that can be done but I agree with you, we're unlikely to sign a world beater for £20m. That said, Mahrez only cost Leicester £500k.

Thats interesting. We both named players that cost fuck all and both have premier league winners medals. And another Kante think they paid 4m. Its about good scouting and giving players a chance. The same group who nearly got relegated would have totally devalued and then ran amock the following season,

Pumping their values through the roof.

If this market is out of control its because teams are stupid enough to allow it. There will come a moment where teams all have 35 players out on loan like Chelsea, because nobody will be ripped off for overinflated agent fees, transfer fees, and wages.

There is of course outliers like Vardy Ba etc but if you look at the list currently top of the goalscoring charts you're not getting one of them for under 20m. That Richarlison is the closest to looking like he will hit 10-15, very good signing but again its rare. Also we need a ten as well, there is no creativity in this side

That Richarlson as you say. He's one there though,and in a side that isnt extreme? Its possible. Also if you are afraid to take risks loans or look for out of contracts and offer higher signing on fees and wages, there are options out there.

I spoke to a chap today whos wife is from Huddersfield knows the club well, he said theres no way we would struggle to compete financially with them. So im guessing Rafa is just sounding off again in the media to wind up fat man.

Yeah he is but I mean thats one and its not common for it to happen. Pay peanuts get monkeys basically. They stuck gold with him but I doubt we would have even paid his transfer fee at 11.2m, and thats discounting wages. Troy Deeny is on 100k a week at watford

I wouldnt say its rare. I think it probably happens once a season at least.

That Troy Deeney bit, im not buying that. No chance he is on 100k  :lol:

Yeah he is but I mean thats one and its not common for it to happen. Pay peanuts get monkeys basically. They stuck gold with him but I doubt we would have even paid his transfer fee at 11.2m, and thats discounting wages. Troy Deeny is on 100k a week at watford

I wouldnt say its rare. I think it probably happens once a season at least.

That Troy Deeney bit, im not buying that. No chance he is on 100k  :lol:

Genuinely couldn't believe it myself but:

http://sillyseason.com/salary/watford-fc-players-salaries-101455/

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/15100638.Highest_paid_Watford_player_earns_as_much_as_Harry_Kane_or_Jamie_Vardy/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2835441/premier-league-player-wages-manchester-united-chelsea-arsenal-spending/

I knew it would be that link, but seriously look at ours:

http://sillyseason.com/salary/newcastle-united-players-salaries-99593/

Jonjo Shelvey came here to earn 25k a week? That site are talking shite. And Joselu is on 50k Merino only 20k.

I read in the telegraph Deeney agreed to double his 25k a week wages to 50k. Im not arguing you are right or wrong, but the info is really in the clubs books, papers sites etc speculation on what a lad earns are far fetched.

I looked at last seasons top scorers, there are some right bums in there hitting over 10 goals. Vokes 19th highest scored 10. Josh king did alright.

Yes Richarlison would be a great buy if we all could use hindsight to buy players cheap before they make a name for themselves. We were doing this ourselves in that season we finished 5th. This policy which pleased Fat Mike has had it's downsides of course without being able to use the back to the future hindsight at will.

Ive been one of those that have said all along that I dont believe there is any takeover happening but what is interesting is that those usual suspects who have been said to be in the know, are conspicuous by their absence.

We've been told that the quieter it is, the better for what it's worth, so maybe things are ticking over.

Its not hindsight, its just good scouting and taking chances.

Go back through each seasons top scorers, theres a buch of cloggers every season getting over 10 goals. Im sure its achievable without needing to compare it to an Ashley model.

Until we get taken over and we are run like Man City we cant walk around with our heads in the clouds, its just pointless.

Its not hindsight, its just good scouting and taking chances.

Go back through each seasons top scorers, theres a buch of cloggers every season getting over 10 goals. Im sure its achievable without needing to compare it to an Ashley model.

Until we get taken over and we are run like Man City we cant walk around with our heads in the clouds, its just pointless.

If you go back through each season's top scorers that's what I would call hindsight.

Guest Howaythetoon

We could go and spend 10m on a striker and that striker could get 12 or more league goals, but if you want guaranteed success you have to pay top dollar. There is a reason why the likes of a Chelsea spend huge sums on say Morata over say someone like Mitrovic even if the latter may do reasonably well. A lot of it is down to scouting in our position and choosing the right player in terms of attributes and style of course which can bring success, but having 5m to spend on a striker literally gets you the likes of Joselu who is absolutely rubbish even if he does have certain attributes. If you want goals you have to spend top money. That’s the hand Rafa was dealt in the summer though and frankly it’s no wonder we are where we are, in fact we are doing a tad better than I thought we would when the window closed. If you want goals though you have to spend top money and we haven’t and won’t under Ashley. We cannot pick up another Cisse for 13m, or a Re y on loan or a Ba on the cheap. The market has changed and said players could command far more in wages from even the likes of Brighton or Huddersfield.