Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Telegraph saying a second party are preparing a bid:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/27/rafael-benitez-warns-newcastle-fans-second-takeover-party-enters/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Rafael Benítez has warned things could get a lot worse for Newcastle United as he wrestles with his longest losing run as a Premier League manager and growing concerns about the quality of his team.

As takeover talks rumble on in the background – and Telegraph Sport understands that Newcastle are now talking to another interested party, as well as Amanda Staveley – Benítez is trying to maintain a sense of perspective on the pitch.

Newcastle’s 3-0 home defeat to Watford last weekend made it four losses on the spin and their trip to West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday is followed by an even more arduous visit to Chelsea at the weekend.

Benítez has responded by stressing the need for supporters not to turn on the players, but he could not resist reminding everyone that he was not able to strengthen the squad as he wished because of the budget restraints placed on him.

Despite the poor run of results, Benítez insisted they are still on track to avoid relegation and argued there is no reason to be despondent.

However, the bitterness he felt in the summer has once again bubbled to the surface as he pointed out that he had told owner Mike Ashley, the best Newcastle could hope for this season, with the players they had, was to avoid the drop. He also suggested there is no guarantee he will be given money to spend in January if a takeover does not go through.

“To criticise our players is not fair because our players are giving everything,” said Benítez. “You can be better or worse, you can miss a chance or you can score an own goal, whatever.

“But if they give everything, me as a manager, I am happy with that and they [the fans] have to be happy.

“If we can bring in better players in the future, okay, fine, good. Competition is good. But in January, it could be even worse, so we have to stick together and be sure that until the end of the season, we maximise what we have. That's it.

“My experience is very simple: if you are more nervous, you make more mistakes. If you are calm, it will be easier – it will still be tough, but it will be easier.

“If we don't want to understand that, at the end, we will go where we don't want to go. If we make the mistake of criticising our players all the time, they will go into the next game and they will be more anxious, more nervous and they will make more mistakes.”

Asked what he had told Ashley and managing director Lee Charnley in the summer, Benitez replied: “I was very clear in my meetings, and I was right. I was right because I was telling them this, that, that.

“Because we cannot change these things now, what you have to do is concentrate on West Brom. But again, I will say, the message is very simple: we knew that could happen. Now, we have to make sure that we try our best to improve things. My target is to have 20 points before the end of the year.”

A bid to get things moving perhaps?

It's always been reported that there's more than one interested party. :dontknow:

Yeah, 3 other parties alongside Staveley. This will just be one of Ashley’s friends at the Telegraph helping him push Staveley a little further. No doubt Sky and Talksport will pick up on it either tomorrow or by the end of the week and try and make something out of it.

Off what was said at the Rafa talk-in at Nine Bar and the True Faith night when the local journos were present, the fat wanker completely messed Rafa about both in January and in the summer. Deals for Townsend, Loftus Cheek on loan and another in January who I can't recall were all done only to be pulled and there were numerous examples in the summer from what was said (Abraham, plus another "elite forward" who wanted to come, Reina plus others).

This takeover simply has to go through or else we are well and truly screwed..................howay Amanda!

Off what was said at the Rafa talk-in at Nine Bar and the True Faith night when the local journos were present, the fat w***** completely messed Rafa about both in January and in the summer. Deals for Townsend, Loftus Cheek on loan and another in January who I can't recall were all done only to be pulled and there were numerous examples in the summer from what was said (Abraham, plus another "elite forward" who wanted to come, Reina plus others).

This takeover simply has to go through or else we are well and truly screwed..................howay Amanda!

Rafa has a lot of patience to put up with that.

Off what was said at the Rafa talk-in at Nine Bar and the True Faith night when the local journos were present, the fat wanker completely messed Rafa about both in January and in the summer. Deals for Townsend, Loftus Cheek on loan and another in January who I can't recall were all done only to be pulled and there were numerous examples in the summer from what was said (Abraham, plus another "elite forward" who wanted to come, Reina plus others).

This is where I'm at at the minute, got a horrible sinking feeling in my stomach about the whole thing though if I'm honest.

Lets be honest with ourselves, Ashley's gonna f*** this up isn't he?

He isn't interested in and doesn't want to invest in the club’s future. Not selling the club makes no sense for him, surely.

suggest he may not sell us until after the January window just to have the final laugh,and if that's the case then we head back downstairs, on a positive note we may have a couple of Derby's to attend.

He isn't interested in and doesn't want to invest in the club’s future. Not selling the club makes no sense for him, surely.

suggest he may not sell us until after the January window just to have the final laugh,and if that's the case then we head back downstairs, on a positive note we may have a couple of Derby's to attend.

I almost couldn't care which league we're in as long as Ashley is long gone. I'd be happier in league one under a different owner fighting to get big than in the premier league under Ashley fighting to stay small.

I almost couldn't care which league we're in as long as Ashley is long gone. I'd be happier in league one under a different owner fighting to get big than in the premier league under Ashley fighting to stay small.

Same. I almost don't give a fuck who owns us as long as it's not him.

Nailed it :thup:

Aye, in all honesty, I'd love to get bought out, but if Ashley fucks it up I'm 75% sure I'd be hoping to lose Rafa instantly, get relegated and lose Ashley 200 million. We'd still be playing football and we'd be rid of that fat cunt forever, at least.

I wonder if he'd sell, after his asset loses that much money maybe he'd have to stay to build it up again? haha, fuck. Maybe I don't hope for that...

Steve Wraith is basing all this on a article from Luke Edwards, who by the way was banned from St James and is generally a very negative writer about Newcastle.

I do believe though that this second group was probably released by Ashley to push Staveley. But to go on like that this morning on his twitter is a joke.