Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Said it a few weeks ago there is no way a professional buisiness like PCP are going to complete a takeover with that amount of money with the strong threat of relegation and the possibility of losing 100 milion plus in value in the space of 5 months. The only feasable way of doing this was before the transfer window and then putting multi-millions into the club to buy the players to ensure this wouldn't happen. Our league position at the time probably scuppered this and now they will wait until the summer.

I also said about 2 months ago that I can see the scenario of no takeover due to us being relegated, the manager walking, crowds almost halfing overnight in the Championship and PCP moving onto another club. Do not be surprised if this happens as the greed of the fact c*** in charge and his probable insane thinking that we came up twice comfortably before and would again; that he would be prepared to take a gamble again on this no question about that. These last 10 years have totally demonstrated that he can't run a football club for toffee and is prepared to gamble again and again until he gets what he wants. This time it will come to bite him in the arse if we are relegated but would also mean that the club will be in a very poor position for the foreseeable future with no new owners and this fat c*** practically draining the club inside out.

Said it a few weeks ago there is no way a professional buisiness like PCP are going to complete a takeover with that amount of money with the strong threat of relegation and the possibility of losing 100 milion plus in value in the space of 5 months. The only feasable way of doing this was before the transfer window and then putting multi-millions into the club to buy the players to ensure this wouldn't happen. Our league position at the time probably scuppered this and now they will wait until the summer.

I also said about 2 months ago that I can see the scenario of no takeover due to us being relegated, the manager walking, crowds almost halfing overnight in the Championship and PCP moving onto another club. Do not be surprised if this happens as the greed of the fact c*** in charge and his probable insane thinking that we came up twice comfortably before and would again; that he would be prepared to take a gamble again on this no question about that. These last 10 years have totally demonstrated that he can't run a football club for toffee and is prepared to gamble again and again until he gets what he wants. This time it will come to bite him in the arse if we are relegated but would also mean that the club will be in a very poor position for the foreseeable future with no new owners and this fat c*** practically draining the club inside out.

That’s the real worry. And aye, it would cost him money - but he gets off on creating misery. The power to fuck up our weekend/season is like nectar to him. The cunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally no evidence that our crowds would drop by any significant margin like.

Wait until next time and see and I bet you any money you like they would

Literally no evidence that our crowds would drop by any significant margin like.

I think there’d be a huge drop if we’re a Championship team next season without Rafa and with the fat wanker still as owner

Saturday, Saturday, will make it all okay. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!

Are you actually expecting anything?

Not really. Just living in hope.

Oh.

Like me going round telling everyone mila kunis is going to be hanging off mee chopper on the 26th. No evidence, but you live in hope.

Totally agree with this, the fans are the main reason Ashley is still here

Sad that people are so pathetic and will happily line a horrible c***s pocket who is just laughing at them so they have "something to do". Just f***ing watch it on telly instead or find support a lower league team.

Most people can't just switch who they support.

Sad that people are so pathetic and will happily line a horrible c***s pocket who is just laughing at them so they have "something to do". Just f***ing watch it on telly instead or find support a lower league team.

There's a couple of issues here. Not every game is 'on the tele' and some people (like me) have zero interest in other teams.

Not that I disagree by the way about walking away, I've done it before, but it's not as easy as you make out.

I think there’d be a huge drop if we’re a Championship team next season without Rafa and with the fat w***** still as owner

Not sure like. Was speaking to two mates this morning, one who is a former ST holder, the other a current ST holder. The latter said that, regardless of what happens, he'd still go to see us play even if we were in League 2, all because there's nothing else to do on the weekend. Now granted, that's a survey of one, but I think there's a lot of fans who probably think the same.

Most of my friends and family are still season ticket holders and have been for years (I had enough 4 year ago and refused to go back until he was gone) and nearly to a man they have said no takeover and Ashley in chage and enough is enough. This time people would turn away obviously there will be still a few who still go but the crowds would drop dramatically if it happens this time.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Paully's right like. There'll still be plenty, but I think it'll be a significant drop of around 20,000 after an early winless spell.

We've had this discussion about the crowds time and time again under Ashley. I can understand the reasoning that this would be different to the first time (we were a total mess but it was still a new era) and the last time (we'd inexplicably kept Rafa) but I still see absolutely no evidence that there's any appetite for meaningful revolution that involves staying away from the match. People simply don't want to stop going, no matter what happens.

Guest firetotheworks

All it would take is a winless run in the Championship, without Rafa, under Ashley and people would stop going. The attendance was generally in the high 40,000s the first time down, and that was with us winning, then it was higher last year because of Rafa. It would be nothing to do with making a stand though.

Without Rafa I think they would drop, the did after the 2010 relegation but our good form helped them lift up again.

e.g. 36,944 first game against Reading, 38,813 against Leicester, 38,923 against QPR etc. Whether you consider that significant is a different matter.  If we kept getting beat I think they would drop further below these levels.

We've had this discussion about the crowds time and time again under Ashley. I can understand the reasoning that this would be different to the first time (we were a total mess but it was still a new era) and the last time (we'd inexplicably kept Rafa) but I still see absolutely no evidence that there's any appetite for meaningful revolution that involves staying away from the match. People simply don't want to stop going, no matter what happens.

It would of happened last time if the manager had left and I've seen it happen before iin the 70s and 80s when crowds dwindled. When people have had enough they will stop and this time it would be one step too far. We will see though if it comes to this next year all opinion and I would think probably the older supporter who have witnessed this before will possibly agree with me wheras the new supporter from the premier league era won't. Hopefully it doesn't come to this anyway but I wouldn't bet on it.

Without Rafa I think they would drop, the did after the 2010 relegation but our good forum helped them lift up again.

e.g. 36,944 first game against Reading, 38,813 against Leicester, 38,923 against QPR etc. Whether you consider that significant is a different matter.  If we kept getting beat I think they would drop further below these levels.

We'd be able to keep the majority of our squad this time though, so I don't think we'd necessarily be getting beat.

Anyway I hope we don't have the chance to find out.