Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So the players we’re chasing, we’ve been quoted the price and Rafa believes we have the money to pay it. This isn’t going to end well is it.

Could be that Rafa is just aiming incredibly low this time because he knows the club will never get the players he actually wants.

He's probably also given up on any long term thinking and will just settle for the bare minimum needed to keep us up then he can walk away at the end of the season without another relegation on his CV.

So the players we’re chasing, we’ve been quoted the price and Rafa believes we have the money to pay it. This isn’t going to end well is it.

Could be that Rafa is just aiming incredibly low this time because he knows the club will never get the players he actually wants.

He's probably also given up on any long term thinking and will just settle for the bare minimum needed to keep us up then he can walk away at the end of the season without another relegation on his CV.

Good point.

Thread title very misleading if you read Matthew Raisbecks accounts of it. Basically, Rafa was told 3 weeks that Ashley would still be in charge all month. That's not at all as doom and gloom as the thread title appears.

:thup:

Yep.

Thread title very misleading if you read Matthew Raisbecks accounts of it. Basically, Rafa was told 3 weeks that Ashley would still be in charge all month. That's not at all as doom and gloom as the thread title appears.

The actual situation is worse isn't it? That Rafa just knew the takeover would be delayed, but now it probably won't happen at all.

Since the transfer windows shut in the summer Rafa’s situation has always been staying this season and trying to keep us up and hoping a takeover is done before the of the season or early in the summer. If not then he’d be off. I don’t see how anything that has happened in the last week changes his position. He’ll stay and see if a takeover happens soon after survival is confirmed (if we stay up).

PCP just need to sit tight until we are safe. They can then put in a revised bid without need of relegation clauses.

Ashley has to sell then, otherwise he will lose Rafa (a key element in PCPs interest in the first place). He will loose a section of the home support going to games next season (numbers anyones guess). And he will own a club that could easily end up following in ******lands footsteps.

Since the transfer windows shut in the summer Rafa’s situation has always been staying this season and trying to keep us up and hoping a takeover is done before the of the season or early in the summer. If not then he’d be off. I don’t see how anything that has happened in the last week changes his position. He’ll stay and see if a takeover happens soon after survival is confirmed (if we stay up).

Nothing changes his position I suppose, but for us as fans it seems a lot more likely that it won't happen and he'll walk. That's the thing I'm worried about.

Nothing changes his position I suppose, but for us as fans it seems a lot more likely that it won't happen and he'll walk. That's the thing I'm worried about.

Sign nobody, lose Rafa, get relegated, Ashley stays forever. That’s my fear now.

Sign nobody, lose Rafa, get relegated, Ashley stays forever. That’s my fear now.

Not sure how Ashely doesn't get this. He could keep his grip as it is - but it won't ever get his money back or a good price. Now is the best time to sell from his position. We'll never be worth more under him, only less.

Guest The Little Waster

Ashleys dream scenario : survive this season then f*** Rafa over yet again on transfers so Rafa either walks or Arsenal etc comes in for him at which point Ashley wants compo . Hes not interested in selling NUFC its the gift (52000 mugs ) that keeps on giving

Financial penalty aside, there's no reason for Rafa to stick around beyond this summer if Ashley still owns the club.

It's a total waste of time for him treading water at a club who actively embrace mediocrity. 

Same as it's a waste of time for us.  10.5 years wasted and counting.  It's pathetic.

Ashleys dream scenario : survive this season then f*** Rafa over yet again on transfers so Rafa either walks or Arsenal etc comes in for him at which point Ashley wants compo . Hes not interested in selling NUFC its the gift (52000 mugs ) that keeps on giving

Hes gambling on staying up on very little, the value of the club rises again or at the very least cements his current position. 

PCP just need to sit tight until we are safe. They can then put in a revised bid without need of relegation clauses.

Ashley has to sell then, otherwise he will lose Rafa (a key element in PCPs interest in the first place). He will loose a section of the home support going to games next season (numbers anyones guess). And he will own a club that could easily end up following in ******lands footsteps.

Ashley doesn't have to do anything other than continue to be a massive fat cunt. It's his club and he can happily wave two fingers to anyone who argues.

I doubt we'll have 52000 every week if we go down (and possibly down again - we've been lucky the last two times). How much will the club be worth he won't invest in players and we hit League 1?