Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

oh and fwiw no one (wey, speaking for myself) is "distracted" by this :lol: Of course I don't believe it and like I already said, even if it was true there would be 20 other things in the contract that would make it impossible for Rafa to work with anyway.

Doesn't stop me wondering if theoretically it (the monetary amount, with added conditions) could work. Not like we have actual transfer news to be thinking about

oh and fwiw no one (wey, speaking for myself) is "distracted" by this :lol: Of course I don't believe it and like I already said, even if it was true there would be 20 other things in the contract that would make it impossible for Rafa to work with anyway.

Doesn't stop me wondering if theoretically it (the monetary amount, with added conditions) could work. Not like we have actual transfer news to be thinking about

Guarantee there will be lots of people (the folks that choose to get their 'news' from the The Sun for a start*) now believing that Rafa is the problem.

*Anecdotally, when I used to attend SJP this seemed quite a high number.

Even if people were thick enough to think Rafa was the problem for not signing a new contract, how do those people justify Mike Ashley's refusal to let the club upgrade the training ground, academy and stadium (funded from the club's own money)?

That needs to be done regardless of who the manager is. Make do and mend is not a strategy for advancement.

Even if people were thick enough to think Rafa was the problem for not signing a new contract, how do those people justify Mike Ashley's refusal to let the club upgrade the training ground, academy and stadium (funded from the club's own money)?

That needs to be done regardless of who the manager is. Make do and mend is not a strategy for advancement.

Unfortumatly the majority of football fans don’t think about that. All they know if what they see on the pitch, or on MOTD. To them buying a big name player who is proven is all that’s key to a successful club, they don’t understand how you need good training facilities and a good academy.

Something I believe would be very effective, but difficult to implement, would be a stay-out.

Everyone goes to the game but doesn't enter the stadium.

Cheer and sing from outside, be eerie as fuck inside the stadium and the media would be all over it.

:dontknow:

£30m a year man :lol:

plus outgoings you'd hope. Merino + Mitro could be another 30 this summer alone

Burnley's net spend was -£9m (spent £35m) on players last season, Everton £56m, Leicester £35m, Palace £31m, Bournemouth £11m, West Ham -£21m (spent £38m), Watford £47m

£30 Mil will include sign on fees, wages - so that really equates to £10Mil to spend.

But that aside - this whole business with the stand off is easily resolved - give Rafa the cash, let him have control and he'll sign.  He wants to stay but who in their right mind would trust Ashley. Clearly imo Ashley has no intention of giving Rafa control or he would have already.

Guarantee there will be lots of people (the folks that choose to get their 'news' from the The Sun for a start*) now believing that Rafa is the problem.

*Anecdotally, when I used to attend SJP this seemed quite a high number.

Agree with this, Ashley has got it so so easy here. Spin some shit in the papers and automatically a fairly sizeable section of our fanbase believes it. He'll spin some stories when Rafa leaves and enough idiots will believe it. Unbelievable but thats where we are sadly.

Guest Howaythetoon

The sad thing is that Rafa will not be asking for the earth and wouldn’t need to be asked to commit if he had decent backing and facilities were improved, he’d be here for years even with Ashley as owner.

From a business perspective I can see why they would want him to commit before spending, but they have put themselves in this position by going back on promises and not backing him. They can’t have their cake and eat it.

You have to actually wonder at this point whether this is a sabatoge job on Rafa to try and get him to walk. The fact they were prepared to let him manage Spain at the WC is insane and no doubt if Rafa did walk the Bishop would be filling the media with stories of how demanding Rafa was, that he wanted to bankrupt the club with the money he was wanting them to spend.

And lots will buy it...

Ashley has to go, this can not continue. Under an owner with ambition you could see Rafa here for a decade and under an owner who is willing to spend big, you could see an era of unparalleled success for this club.

Rafa wont walk, but this will be his last season here. If it is, it also needs to be Ashley’s!

Guest firetotheworks

Something I believe would be very effective, but difficult to implement, would be a stay-out.

Cheer and sing from outside, be eerie as fuck inside the stadium and the media would be all over it.

Would be incredible, but a bit of an ideal world situation that I can't imagine happening. Even just half full would be great though.

Would be incredible, but a bit of an ideal world situation that I can't imagine happening. Even just half full would be great though.

More impact with a televised game too.

Not sure how it would be effective at all personally, I mean sure it would make a great story, a great video but other than that I don’t see how it would further the cause of getting him out.

The club is a business which Ashley owns so he goes when said business is sold or liquidated.

So we either need to find a buyer who will pay whatever asking price he sets OR we need the club to be devalued massively to the point he can’t wait to get shut of it.

Not sure how it would be effective at all personally, I mean sure it would make a great story, a great video but other than that I don’t see how it would further the cause of getting him out.

The club is a business which Ashley owns so he goes when said business is sold or liquidated.

So we either need to find a buyer who will pay whatever asking price he sets OR we need the club to be devalued massively to the point he can’t wait to get shut of it.

It would certainly have an impact. As it did last time when there were 20,000 empty seats (despite the club declaring an almost full house).

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/646059/stream_img.jpg

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1019951997217370113

It would certainly have an impact. As it did last time when there were 20,000 empty seats (despite the club declaring an almost full house).

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/646059/stream_img.jpg

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1019951997217370113

This is the only way to achieve progress. How people think going to every match will get us what we want is a disaster.

It'd be different if we had an Ultras end like they do in other Euro countries and then there could be moves to get each game abandoned etc, but that is not even worth talking about as it isn't reality.

Fuck all of this.

Guest ElCid

If he goes the club should implode big style and someone like (maybe even will be) Pardew put in his place. Be all too late to try and stop it then though but as per this forum the fans are way to divided in their opinions to unite in what is required

If people conceal said printouts well enough to not get them confiscated that's a pretty cracking idea tbf. If people were prepared to do it week in week out he'd pop a vein, the thin-skinned fuck.