Chelsea vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd December @ 12.30pm (Live on Sky)

Dave

Slept in. What bollocks has been spouted about us? Do we still demand Europe?

Sourness with his usual craic, hardest job hes ever had, fans too demanding, need to be big player to play there, crisis always around the corner

Not going to question the big man today. I’d like to think he’s heard our prayers now that there’s no Joselu in the starting line-up. If Mo’s legs can last 45 minutes and Jonjo enters the pitch for the 2nd half, I think we’re in for a treat :D

Sourness with his usual craic, hardest job hes ever had, fans too demanding, need to be big player to play there, crisis always around the corner

:lol: One of the worst managers we've ever had saying it was difficult. Shock.

Just Teasy talking bollocks and bigging up Diame. Supposedly he had a good game defensively when Watford humped us.

But you can't manage any reasonable come back.

Again I said he was decent defensively.  Care to argue against him making more tackles then anyone else in our side?  The entire team made 12 successful tackles, Diame made 4 of them.  Stop talking bollocks yourself, grow up a bit and make an actual point if you disagree.

Just Teasy talking bollocks and bigging up Diame. Supposedly he had a good game defensively when Watford humped us.

Dear me.

Again he made far more tackles than anyone else in our side, how is that not decent defensively?, certainly comparatively.

Fuck me this place is completely crackers, say one thing and you get such pointless bollocks thrown back at you that it can actually end up making you look like a cheer leader for a player you don't even rate.  Honestly this place isn't worth is like I'm off to watch the match and hope we don't get humped :lol:

He tries to push this line at every possible opportunity the bitter old prick!  :rant:

In reality, he inherited a very good squad, quickly dimantled it, replaced good players with absolute dogshit and spent a fortune doing it.  He used to play Shola on the left wing FFS  :lol:

Would love someone to pull him up on this at some point but i doubt it will ever happen.

You would expect him to make more tackles than anyone else given his position and role in the team and the way the game went. Doesn't mean he had a decent game.

NO again he didn't have a decent game overall, I just said that defensively he was decent, so maybe Rafa is putting him in there because of that.  Because he made 33% of the entire teams tackles and he knows Shelvey will make about one and likely get sent off for it.  Personally I'd play someone else because I think Diame's shite and normally he looks lazy as fuck and doesn't do much of anything.

Obviously wants as much pace on the break as possible​ - will be similar tactics to the Man Utd game I reckon

Maybe Rafa thinks Diame will do a better job defensively than Shelvey as well? I would have thought today's line up will be picked with stopping Chelsea rather than hoping for goals. It would explain Yedlin's omission as well.

To be fair Diame was decent defensively last time he started, while Shelvey either jumps in with ridiculous tackles that nearly get him sent off or lets the opposition walk past him as he ambles back.  Think Benitez will want Shelvey for second half if all goes to plan and we've defended well first half.

As far as Manquillo, he's at right back there, which is his natural position (?) so hopefully he isn't hopeless there like he is at left back.  Yedlin has been shocking defensively in his last few games.

Yeah basically this. Sometimes I think I'm watching a different game to some people in the match thread.

Obviously wants as much pace on the break as possible​ - will be similar tactics to the Man Utd game I reckon

Maybe Rafa thinks Diame will do a better job defensively than Shelvey as well? I would have thought today's line up will be picked with stopping Chelsea rather than hoping for goals. It would explain Yedlin's omission as well.

Doesn't explain Manquillo's inclusion though  O0

Manquillo refuses to pass the halfway line so in some respects it does.

You would expect him to make more tackles than anyone else given his position and role in the team and the way the game went. Doesn't mean he had a decent game.

NO again he didn't have a decent game overall, I just said that defensively he was decent, so maybe Rafa is putting him in there because of that.  Because he made 33% of the entire teams tackles and he knows Shelvey will make about one and likely get sent off for it.  Personally I'd play someone else because I think Diame's s**** and normally he looks lazy as f*** and doesn't do much of anything.

But he wasn't. The fact the person in the side you would expect to make the most tackles regardless of his performance made the most tackles, doesn't mean he had a good defensive performance. Our midfield was overrun by Watford time and time again.

He made 4 successful tackles in the match.

Doesn't explain Manquillo's inclusion though  O0

Manquillo refuses to pass the halfway line so in some respects it does.

I think he's a pretty poor defender and gets caught out positionally a ton. Id be very surprised if he isn't immediately targeted today

I totally agree with that. I just think Rafa sees him as more of a defensive minded player than Yedlin which is why he's got the nod. They could target either full back today and should get plenty of joy tbh.