Chelsea vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd December @ 12.30pm (Live on Sky)

Dave

To be fair Diame was decent defensively last time he started, while Shelvey either jumps in with ridiculous tackles that nearly get him sent off or lets the opposition walk past him as he ambles back.  Think Benitez will want Shelvey for second half if all goes to plan and we've defended well first half.

As far as Manquillo, he's at right back there, which is his natural position (?) so hopefully he isn't hopeless there like he is at left back.  Yedlin has been shocking defensively in his last few games.

To be fair Diame was decent last time he started, certainly did a good defensive job in midfield.

No he wasn't and no he didn't. We got turned over 3 nil at home and barely had a kick in the middle of the park.

To be fair Diame was decent last time he started, certainly did a good defensive job in midfield.

No he wasn't and no he didn't. We got turned over 3 nil at home and barely had a kick in the middle of the park.

Yes he was and yes he did. easy this arguing stuff like.  Seriously, opinions and all that, he won the ball in midfield quite a few times against Watford as far as I remember.  Certainly what nobody can argue with is that Shelvey is horrible defensively.  I mean I'd still rather he starts and we just go for it, just thinking of why Rafa might think differently.

Yep. They just strolled through the middle of the park every time they attacked. Diame’s legs went ages ago. He is useless to us at this stage of his career.

Yes he was and yes he did. easy this arguing stuff like.

Did you watch the match? Tom Cleverley rang rings around him ffs.

How anyone can watch that Watford game and think anyone in centre mid deserves any kind of praise is beyond me. Created sod all, got carved apart by runners from deep, with Doukore, Cleverly and Hughes all taking the absolute piss.

Played well FFS :lol:

Yes I watched the fucking match and I disagree with you.  Watford dominated because the midfield two were Diame and Shelvey, Diame himself made some good tackles in midfield, Shelvey wandered around a lot.

How anyone can watch that Watford game and think anyone in centre mid deserves any kind of praise is beyond me. Created sod all, got carved apart by runners from deep, with Doukore, Cleverly and Hughes all taking the absolute piss.

Played well FFS :lol:

Played well?, who said that ???  Discussions don't tend to go well when you just imagine what people are saying instead of reading their posts like.

I said he was decent defensively, not that he played well overall and one person being decent defensively isn't necessarily going to stop the opposition dominating.

Guest reefatoon

To be fair Diame was decent defensively last time he started, while Shelvey either jumps in with ridiculous tackles that nearly get him sent off or lets the opposition walk past him as he ambles back.  Think Benitez will want Shelvey for second half if all goes to plan and we've defended well first half.

As far as Manquillo, he's at right back there, which is his natural position (?) so hopefully he isn't hopeless there like he is at left back.  Yedlin has been shocking defensively in his last few games.

Fucking awful post.

Guest firetotheworks

Happy with that team.

:thup: Diame aside it's exactly what everyone was asking for. If Diame plays the whole match I'll understand everyone's complaints, but it's unlikely. It's very unlikely that we're getting anything from this match, regardless of the line up.

Happy with that team.

:thup: Diame aside it's exactly what everyone was asking for. If Diame plays the whole match I'll understand everyone's complaints, but it's unlikely. It's very unlikely that we're getting anything from this match, regardless of the line up.

Aye, it's not like we've a plethora of options. Can see why Shelvey isn't in there when we're in for a chasing, plus he looked lively coming off the bench late on against WBA, nice option to have if we're still in it after an hour.

Fucking awful post.

Aye Diame made 4 times as many successful tackles as anyone outside of our defence and twice as many as any one of our defenders.  But its "fucking awful" to suggest he was decent defensively in that game :lol:

You'd have thought I'd said Diame was a really good player considering some of the absolute shite I've had in reply.  I didn't and I don't like him as a player either, he was just decent at one particular aspect of the game in comparison to the rest of our team in one game.  Having looked at the stats they back up my opinion and I'm saying maybe that's why Benitez is playing him in this game ahead of Shelvey.

Happy with that team.

Aye, it's not like we've a plethora of options. Can see why Shelvey isn't in there when we're in for a chasing, plus he looked lively coming off the bench late on against WBA, nice option to have if we're still in it after an hour.

This, it amazes me people think they know better than Rafa, the detail he goes into if Diames playing there will be a good reason for it

Guest reefatoon

Slept in. What bollocks has been spouted about us? Do we still demand Europe?

Just Teasy talking bollocks and bigging up Diame. Supposedly he had a good game defensively when Watford humped us.