Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle United - 02/12/17 - post match bickering from p23

BlueStar

Our fans were brilliant today like, one of the best aways I've been to in a while in that respect. Their fans didn't sing once, they were utterly pathetic.

Game was alright, bit like Old Trafford without enduring the onslaught second half. They laboured a bit and barely got out of second gear.

Mentioned to my mate that second half was getting a bit stale from our point of view and they'd score soon if we didn't bring an attacking sub on, then the pen was given.

Also it was the usual situation at these grounds where we get none of the marginal decisions, which you expect by now but it makes it even harder when the opposition are streets ahead.

We need to hope our heads haven't dropped too much of late because we could really do with getting 6 or so points before the new year.

Should do. Leicester (h), Everton (h), West Ham (a), Brighton (h) should be fixtures where we get at least 6 points.

Aye just glanced myself. Need six points minimum I'd say, obviously nobody has a clue who we'll sign in January but regardless you want to be around halfway there going into that.

Shame we're in this situation yet again, and needlessly yet again, but we all knew it'd be an up and down season when it became apparent this was the squad we'd be using.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Mbemba was absolutely pathetic for that second goal. Not having that it's a push at all, just felt the contact and dropped to the floor.

Planet soft cunt if you think that's a foul.  B 30 pens a game for that

Shite from Merino as well on the first. Not good enough, I thought after the Huddersfield game he'd learnt a lesson about tracking runners because the Souness criticism got a lot of coverage.

I didnt notice it earlier as my feed wasn't great quality, but as above, Merino was lazy and left Hazard time and time again for some other poor fucker to have, or in the goals case not have.

Ritchie got a pasting erlier, but three mistakes three different players.

First goal Merino leaving, actually giving up on hazard.

Second, Mbemba being ridiculous and an utter whimp.

Third, Ritchie not understanding the role he was given.

s**** from Merino as well on the first. Not good enough, I thought after the Huddersfield game he'd learnt a lesson about tracking runners because the Souness criticism got a lot of coverage.

That was worse today. Still think the Mooy goal he simply bought the dummy rather than poor play. Piss poor for today's goal.

Haven't read any of the posts, but from what I was watching there were three weak links in our side - Diame, Ritchie and Perez (Possibly Merino too). Every time we got the ball and went to break they were nowhere, kept giving the ball away and didn't seem too arsed about tracking back. Ritchie should've cleared the ball for their goal, then I have no idea why he fouled in the box. He's been awful for weeks now minus his two assists at WBA.

Usually I'd complain about our defence - but their quality was always going to show and there didn't seem to be any major errors from the defenders (I was there and haven't watched anything back so may be wrong)

I was impressed with Murphy. He isn't the best footballer in the world, but he seems to be improving as the weeks go by. Still young so not writing him off and think there is a good winger in there. He got the crowd going when he ran down chasing it with Cahill - that's all we want is a bit of effort especially against the big boys away when realistically we don't expect anything from it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Merino was poor given his undoubted quality, but he was playing a role he should never have to. If that’s what Rafa wants he may as well stick Colback back in because it’s a waste of what Merino is about. Watch Fabregas and that’s what Merino’s role should be, he didn’t particularly stand out, but Fabregas was every bit as good as Hazard was. He didn’t misplace a pass all game and seemed to have oodles of space and time despite some heavy pressing by us mainly in the first half. Pairing Diame and Merino together just doesn’t fit.

s**** from Merino as well on the first. Not good enough, I thought after the Huddersfield game he'd learnt a lesson about tracking runners because the Souness criticism got a lot of coverage.

That was worse today. Still think the Mooy goal he simply bought the dummy rather than poor play. p*ss poor for today's goal.

For the Mooy goal, Merino had Clark and Hayden behind him as cover and without a man; I genuinely think he let Mooy go because we had men spare. Yesterday was inexcusable mind - both Lejeune and Clark were pre-occupied and he absolutely had to go with Hazard.