Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle United - 02/12/17 - post match bickering from p23

BlueStar

f***ing Souness saying if we get into the relegation zone, the crowd will heap pressure on the players, f*** off and have another heart attack you c***.

Any player at any club should be feeling a f*** ton of pressure if they're in the relegation zone.  :lol:

He was saying from the crowd though.

But I'm saying that's the same at any club, and it should be the case.

Guest Howaythetoon

From the crowd? If we drop into the relegation zone we will try and support the team on the stands. Cunt face was saying if we do the fans will heap even more pressure on the players and thinks they couldn’t handle that. Bitter cunt.

Guest neesy111

From the crowd? If we drop into the relegation zone we will try and support the team on the stands. Cunt face was saying if we do the fans will heap even more pressure on the players and thinks they couldn’t handle that. Bitter cunt.

We had finished 5th the season before.  The blokes a fraud.

Very frustrating.

Thought tactically Rafa got it right; the 5-4-1 helped us cope with switches of play and our Full Back's getting outnumbered. Came down to individual errors (again), Ritchie most culpable. Awful performance from him.

Chelsea were just a class above us, but its just so frustrating how we conceded those goals. Fuck sake.

I'd be happy to go 5-4-1 away from home from now on, but personnel changes like Hayden for Diame will be key.

From the crowd? If we drop into the relegation zone we will try and support the team on the stands. c*** face was saying if we do the fans will heap even more pressure on the players and thinks they couldn’t handle that. Bitter c***.

He obviously can’t forget the ‘paper aeroplane’ game. The pressure on the players was unbelievable while most people were trying to see who’s plane could the pitch. Sourfaced cunt

I can see why Shelvey didn't start, I'm struggling to see why Diame starts ahead of Hayden though. I missed the first half and some have said he was fine like.

He really was, he served his purpose then should have come off later on. Merino was arguably worse, but that doesn't align with any narrative about who players are overall.

Agree with you here. He wasn't good but he wasn't one of the worst performers. Not even close.

Darlow

Yedlin - Clark - Lascelles - Dummett

Murphy - Shelvey - Hayden -Ritchie Atsu

Merino

Gayle*

*or Mitrovic (depending on oppo)

If everyone was fit?...

Not totally against that - but just worried that Ritchie's form is colouring people's opinion of him. He has still got plenty of assists this season, and - paired with a competent defender on his side - I think he still adds value to the team. He's a horrendous defender but it's not really his role.

My main criticism of him as an attacker is that he lacks pace but I find Atsu's decision-making frustrating at times.

Guest firetotheworks

Hmm, agree with Souness tbh. Kimbo's right though, it's not limited to us at all.

Guest Howaythetoon

How good was Hazard today btw? He has become a much better player under Conte. Fabregas and Morata were both very good as well, 3 genuine top-class players. That’s how Merino should be playing for us like how Fabregas plays for Chelsea, but he’s being asked to run around, tackle and generally work his bollocks off off the ball and that’s because we lack real quality in the middle. We could badly do with a genuine defensive midfielder to free up Merino. I like Hayden, but he’s not that kind of player.

Almost a carbon copy of the Man Utd game. If we had a few better players, we’d probably see the game out with Rafa’s tactics.

Frustrating, but it is what it is. Could probably say the same thing about loads of our games this year, we need investment and we need some new players.

Haven’t been to Stamford Bridge in a few years so I forgot how utterly twattastic their fans are.

I can see why Shelvey didn't start, I'm struggling to see why Diame starts ahead of Hayden though. I missed the first half and some have said he was fine like.

He really was, he served his purpose then should have come off later on. Merino was arguably worse, but that doesn't align with any narrative about who players are overall.

Aye I thought Diame did okay and that Merino gave the ball away a lot.

Guest Howaythetoon

Merino, Diame and Shelvey were all guilty of giving away sloppy balls or dilly dallying on the ball. I was impressed with Diame’s pressing mind, and that’s about it, as he was poor otherwise.

part of the reason the midfield got caught on the ball was there were no forward passes on. The ball doesnt stick with Gayle and Ritchie never went forward simply turned inside every time and passed the ball back. the tactics, team selection and subs were shit again. It was dire like most away performances and Lejeune was shocking

team i like to see ans never will is

Darlow (both our keepers are bang average)

Yedelin

Lascelles

Clark

Mbemba

Shelvey

Hayden

Muphy

Merino

Aarons

Mitrovic

My favourite moment today was the commentator going «You would imagine that if you’re playing for a Premier League club, you’d know how to play football. This guy clearly has some dirt on Benitez.» about Diame. Constantly hammered him.

Our fans were brilliant today like, one of the best aways I've been to in a while in that respect. Their fans didn't sing once, they were utterly pathetic.

Game was alright, bit like Old Trafford without enduring the onslaught second half. They laboured a bit and barely got out of second gear.

Mentioned to my mate that second half was getting a bit stale from our point of view and they'd score soon if we didn't bring an attacking sub on, then the pen was given.

Also it was the usual situation at these grounds where we get none of the marginal decisions, which you expect by now but it makes it even harder when the opposition are streets ahead.

We need to hope our heads haven't dropped too much of late because we could really do with getting 6 or so points before the new year.

Our fans were brilliant today like, one of the best aways I've been to in a while in that respect. Their fans didn't sing once, they were utterly pathetic.

Game was alright, bit like Old Trafford without enduring the onslaught second half. They laboured a bit and barely got out of second gear.

Mentioned to my mate that second half was getting a bit stale from our point of view and they'd score soon if we didn't bring an attacking sub on, then the pen was given.

Also it was the usual situation at these grounds where we get none of the marginal decisions, which you expect by now but it makes it even harder when the opposition are streets ahead.

We need to hope our heads haven't dropped too much of late because we could really do with getting 6 or so points before the new year.

Should do. Leicester (h), Everton (h), West Ham (a), Brighton (h) should be fixtures where we get at least 6 points.

Should do. Leicester (h), Everton (h), West Ham (a), Brighton (h) should be fixtures where we get at least 6 points.

Aye just glanced myself. Need six points minimum I'd say, obviously nobody has a clue who we'll sign in January but regardless you want to be around halfway there going into that.

Shame we're in this situation yet again, and needlessly yet again, but we all knew it'd be an up and down season when it became apparent this was the squad we'd be using.