Newcastle United 2-3 Leicester City - 9/12/17 - post match reaction from page 25

Greg

Leicester manager Claude Puel, speaking to Match of the Day: "[We had a] fantastic, positive attitude. It is difficult. After a good first half our start to the second half was not enough. We came back with the second goal. It was a fantastic move and a fantastic goal. We deserved this result and now it is important to continue from this result.

"We played against a good team. They played in a fantastic atmosphere and it was difficult. We showed fantastic spirit.

"It is a fantastic feeling at the end with the third goal and we deserved it."

Fantastic.

I spent most of the game today trying to understand how our team tries to play football and towards the end i realized that they don't really know how to play football, we are a collection of average individuals trying to string together some sort performance, there is no substance to our play and no real direction, i feel bad for those who paid money and sat in the ground to watch Ciaran Clark kick the ball our of play for 90 minutes.

We got absolutely schooled for most of that game. Having said that we gave away some real soft goals.

The most disappointing thing for me was we had loads of fans getting on the players backs very early on. There were howls when we weren’t playing defence splitting balls from our own 18 yard box or sprinting away from opposition players who were simply quicker.

We’ve got a poor side and the level of support at times today was truly awful.

We’re in a mess and we need something to go our way quick.

We got absolutely schooled for most of that game. Having said that we gave away some real soft goals.

The most disappointing thing for me was we had loads of fans getting on the players backs very early on. There were howls when we weren’t playing defence splitting balls from our own 18 yard box or sprinting away from opposition players who were simply quicker.

We’ve got a poor side and the level of support at times today was truly awful.

We’re in a mess and we need something to go our way quick.

:thup: I was sat next to someone who one minute bemoaned the fact we don't have quality players, them the next ripped them to shreds for not being able to keep up with Leicester's superior players. If you know we don't have quality players then just get the fuck behind them.

- Gayle our only player in form.

- Manquillo ?

- Mitro should have been on 20 min earlier for Joselu, who offers close to nothing.

- Darlow is crap

- Rafa is not 100% well.

- Merino sloppy passing too often.

- Important to have Lascelles and Astu back.

- Depressed as F***

- Good night!

First time I've agreed with something said by Phil Neville.

What'd he say?

Championship side, they need 4 or 5 Premier League quality players and Mike Ashley should accept the offer and sell up.

Guest firetotheworks

First time I've agreed with something said by Phil Neville.

What'd he say?

The squad has Championship quality written all over it and if we don't bring in 4 or 5 Premier League quality players in January we'll be relegated, so Ashley should accept the offer and let the club move forward.

Same as everyone else, probably the first time I've ever agreed with Phil Neville, it's bang on.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be happy with just getting 4 or 5 players that Rafa wants and worry about the Premier League quality bit afterwards tbh. If that's not doable, minimum of striker, left back, and 'keeper and I'd back him to keep us up and to begin again in the summer.

3 games we take early leads then seem to forget what to do.

If the instructions are go get the early goal then hold the game out thats mental in the premier league with the quality you face each week. Im not sure what we are trying to do when we get ahead.

Sometimes in going ahead its worse, because these lads seem afraid to keep going, push for more goals.

If they have to try and remain super diciplined its too much of an ask, we would need a 2 or 3 goal lead to grab a goal and contain sides at this level.

Id love to know what our strategy in games of late is supposed to achieve.

Not a chance we'll bring in four or five Premier League players in January though, takeover or not. At today's prices that's like £50-100m.

Might not buy four but still bring in four players, but two would be loans. Buying two, Silmani from Leicester might be a loan striker as they don't use him, maybe a left back on loan too, can see us buying a proper 10.

I'd be happy with just getting 4 or 5 players that Rafa wants and worry about the Premier League quality bit afterwards tbh. If that's not doable, minimum of striker, left back, and 'keeper and I'd back him to keep us up and to begin again in the summer.

Need to split any proper money we have to spend over a number 10 and striker imo, our options in those positions are a disgrace. Flog Mitro if he's not going to be used. Get an experienced keeper in on loan. Think we could get away with it at left back, it's not as important as those 3 positions.

Need 4 PL quality players in January otherwise it's almost certain relegation. Quality wise out squad is miles behind even the likes of Burnley and Watford now. If it costs us £100m then it costs us £100m. Relegation will cost a lot more, not to mention the damage it will do to the club.

A new goalkeeper and a No10 player are vital, and a left back and a centre forward are important.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we have 20m to spend I’d seriously consider spending it all on a ‘keeper and a creative player because I think Gayle has shown he can score goals at this level with the right service.