Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle United - 16/12/17 - Post match reaction from page 15

Greg

Surely it's clear this is the worst PL team we've ever had? Just so little quality, even when we put in a decent shift like today.

Since Pardew came in, we have taken so many dickings by four and five goals that I can't agree with this.

Surely it's clear this is the worst PL team we've ever had? Just so little quality, even when we put in a decent shift like today.

Since Pardew came in, we have taken so many dickings by four and five goals that I can't agree with this.

Those teams were better just led by an imbecile.

There is a big difference between ability and desire and heart, which you don't seem to understand.

I've not seen the game, but it doesn't look too bad as a result

From the gist of it they scored a quality goal and defensively we've been better again with Lascelles? It's not surprising we didn't score given none of them had scored in the previous 8 games.

I think a spine of Lascelles, Merino and Gayle upfront is important for us. Don't understand the logic behind Gayle not starting tbh

It' some night when Le Tissier is being more positive about us than our own fans. :lol:

What did he say?

Gave it a good go, and if Perez had better finishing we could easily have got a point. Said there was a few things to be positive about from that performance, and Stelling said the same a couple of times. It does suggest if we can get a couple of players in January, especially a striker, the rest of the team could rally.

It' some night when Le Tissier is being more positive about us than our own fans. :lol:

What did he say?

Gave it a good go, and if Perez had better finishing we could easily have got a point. Said there was a few things to be positive about from that performance, and Stelling said the same a couple of times. It does suggest if we can get a couple of players in January, especially a striker, the rest of the team could rally.

Thanks. :thup:

Sounds like we're doomed elsewhere on here. :lol:

What did he say?

People spitting their dummies out needlessly imo.

It's the sort of mentality we need to cut out if we want to stay up. Negativity at this stage only breeds further negativity and we'll implode.

What did he say?

It's the sort of mentality we need to cut out if we want to stay up. Negativity at this stage only breeds further negativity and we'll implode.

Agreed

What did he say?

The sentiment is right, but it's pretty difficult to find positives during this kind of run. Especially when it's not entirely down to abject performances, but rather a blindingly obvious gulf in quality.

Just makes it difficult to see how it can be turned around. Other than buying what we need, obviously.

What did he say?

The sentiment is right, but it's pretty difficult to find positives during this kind of run. Especially when it's not entirely down to abject performances, but rather a blindingly obvious gulf in quality.

Just makes it difficult to see how it can be turned around. Other than buying what we need, obviously.

Aye, I appreciate that, and I'm not sticking my head in the sand pretending everything is alright, cause it clearly isn't. I just think some people need to look at things a bit more objectively than just through Black and White eyes after a run of slightly more difficult fixtures. I mean, at the start of the season I wouldn't have necessarily expected much (if anything) from games vs Everton, Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal. Even then Leicester you'd maybe expect a point at home. As the season has progressed a point at home to Watford and away to Burnley would have been okay too I reckon. The most annoying result has been vs Bournemouth in this latest run of games because even a point away at West Brom isn't terrible (so long as we beat them at home).

We're on a 9 game winless run, losing 8 of them. I said this about 5 games ago and it still applies, I think as a fanbase we've been remarkably calm :lol:

This. Other fans would be calling for the manager's head at this point.

Other clubs haven't had Ashley for like 10 years after being a PL team for like 14/15 years, where they were also challenging for cups and playing European football...

What did he say?

Aye, I appreciate that, and I'm not sticking my head in the sand pretending everything is alright, cause it clearly isn't. I just think some people need to look at things a bit more objectively than just through Black and White eyes after a run of slightly more difficult fixtures. I mean, at the start of the season I wouldn't have necessarily expected much (if anything) from games vs Everton, Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal. Even then Leicester you'd maybe expect a point at home. As the season has progressed a point at home to Watford and away to Burnley would have been okay too I reckon. The most annoying result has been vs Bournemouth in this latest run of games because even a point away at West Brom isn't terrible (so long as we beat them at home).

Yeah, I agree. For me, its frustration more than anything. One win in amongst this run and we're sitting quite happily in mid table. The teams around us suddenly finding form has only amplified the concern.

Just have to hope that we do move quickly in January, and that we're not cut adrift by the time we do. Stating the obvious, but a win at West Ham could potentially be season saving.

I just think we've not connected the dots yet.

We scored 2 against both West Bromwich and Leicester, that's enough to win a game. Scored against both Man Utd and Chelsea, again expecting more than that is unlikely. Woodwork then twice v Everton...

The issue is we've been conceding too many. Lascelles has come in, we've conceded 1 in both games due to a mistake and a good finish.

Just need to match up this defensive level with our previous attack. Gayle has to be playing, Murphy and Ritchie also for me

Guest firetotheworks

Pleased as you can be with a defeat. Gargantuan game next weekend though.

Loss. 100%

Has your dummy come out?  [emoji38]

No, I just think we'll lose? Comfortably.

Against West Ham...we comfortably beat them at SJP...

Under Bilic when the form of each team was reversed.

Aye, but nonetheless, I find it a bit absurd to write it off as a comfortable loss.

Agreed. Can understand people thinking it'll happen though. Nothing (bar possibly Man City away) should ever be viewed as a write off.

With this Man City team the home game should be written off as well.

[emoji38] That's the spirit!

Indeed. Our worst PL team ever definitely has a chance against the undefeated Man City team who have demolished just about everyone home and away in humiliating fashion.

Not at all what I said, but okay.

What did he say?

Yeah, I agree. For me, its frustration more than anything. One win in amongst this run and we're sitting quite happily in mid table. The teams around us suddenly finding form has only amplified the concern.

Just have to hope that we do move quickly in January, and that we're not cut adrift by the time we do. Stating the obvious, but a win at West Ham could potentially be season saving.

Aye, it would be a bit of a turning point I think. A bit like the Norwich home game was last season...

From what I saw we played really well, created chances, but just couldn’t finish.

This.

I didn't see the 1st half but I thought we played really well in the 2nd half and had a couple of good spells of pressure and possession.

Ayoze has got to put that header on target near the end though, free header under little or no pressure.

Guest Howaythetoon

From what I saw we played really well, created chances, but just couldn’t finish.

This.

I didn't see the 1st half but I thought we played really well in the 2nd half and had a couple of good spells of pressure and possession.

Ayoze has got to put that header on target near the end though, free header under little or no pressure.

Shearer would have buried that.