Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle United - 16/12/17 - Post match reaction from page 15

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

From what I saw we played really well, created chances, but just couldn’t finish.

This.

I didn't see the 1st half but I thought we played really well in the 2nd half and had a couple of good spells of pressure and possession.

Ayoze has got to put that header on target near the end though, free header under little or no pressure.

Shearer would have buried that.

No shit. :lol:

Play like we did today for the rest of the season and we'll be fine.

We've been saying that for a long time though. We were saying it in our relegation season too after good results against Man Utd (twice) and Man City.

Play like we did against Tottenham with 11 men or play like we did against Liverpool or play like we did for 35 minutes against Man Utd and we'll be okay but then we play the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton etc and we don't play to that standard at all.

And here is the tale of today’s fourth official...my daughter is a pro golfer and believe it or not Mike Dean caddies sometimes on weeks off. So I now have to try hard to unhate him. Ps I thought we did well today. Looked organised and hard to break down. Yedlin looked a really good player again and Merino will be one of we are patientbfa7b38b1f7d500a34abb5615b7782b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: I already really like Mike Dean tbh, he drops some clangers but I generally like him as a ref because he more often than not he lets things go or makes decisions that make sense to me.

Arsenal were very sloppy today and gave the ball away in the middle a lot. Sadly though we didn't really have the quality to punish their mistakes.

Always a misplaced final pass or stumbling on the ball.

Arsenal didn't look like they were really trying and they looked a bit shakey at the end.

Personally I thought we were just going to roll over and surrender before the match, but I thought we stood up fairly well.

But again, we don't really have the quality.

Arsenal were very sloppy today and gave the ball away in the middle a lot. Sadly though we didn't really have the quality to punish their mistakes.

Always a misplaced final pass or stumbling on the ball.

We do this a lot, and it's tied in with something else, where our players seem to need so much fucking time on the ball to do anything, especially in the box.  And you just don't get that amount of time in the premier league. So many times it should have just been a quick layoff or a first time shot and instead it's stop the ball, look down at your feet, touch, touch, protect the ball, try to turn, touch, tackled, lost it.  I'm assuming it's a confidence thing where they're not convinced of their ability to control it first time without getting into a better position, controlling it, getting on their favoured foot or whatever.  But given the quality of our squad perhaps that's a valid concern.

Thought we did ok today against  one of the better sides. The lack of quailty up front is killing us though . The front two may work hard for the team but showed  yet again they are totally out of their depth at this level .

Arsenal absolutely battered Man U not so long ago, allowing de Gea to set a new record number of saves, so in that context we did quite well at the back restricting them to half chances.

Ritchie did all right when he came on too. A sub in about the 53rd minute? was also a welcome sight.

No points, but some positives to grasp at. We're still only four points or so behind the reassuring level of mediocrity you'd expect for our club in its current state/predicament.

We were atrocious in the first half.

Better in second half to take advantage of how bad arsenal were, but none of our players have a goal in them. That game was crying out for Mitro, I wonder what’s happened behind the scenes.

To be fair to Joselu, he won a lot of headers but our players didn’t anticipate it well enough and it was wasted.

Overall, we’re in big trouble unless this sale happens ASAP. The players have no confidence, West Ham is massive as we could go into the Brighton game with 1 point from 10 games.

And here is the tale of today’s fourth official...my daughter is a pro golfer and believe it or not Mike Dean caddies sometimes on weeks off. So I now have to try hard to unhate him. Ps I thought we did well today. Looked organised and hard to break down. Yedlin looked a really good player again and Merino will be one of we are patientbfa7b38b1f7d500a34abb5615b7782b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see you back on here mate :thup:

I thought we weathered the storm reasonably well in the first half. Arsenal are always going to dominate possession so it was a massive shame that Ozil caught that volley so sweetly.

Towards the end of the second half I thought we played pretty well and could have easily snuck a point, if we had a killer instinct in the final third.

Guest neesy111

Better in second half to take advantage of how bad arsenal were, but none of our players have a goal in them. That game was crying out for Mitro, I wonder what’s happened behind the scenes.

To be fair to Joselu, he won a lot of headers but our players didn’t anticipate it well enough and it was wasted.

Overall, we’re in big trouble unless this sale happens ASAP. The players have no confidence, West Ham is massive as we could go into the Brighton game with 1 point from 10 games.

Well Mitro is injured for starters.

Well Mitro is injured for starters.

Fair enough, was at the game and someone said he was on the bench!